2021 Recruiting: - Jordan Hawkins | Page 14 | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting: Jordan Hawkins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Serious question..Not bustin'.. Did you consider Rip/Ray wings or SGs??
RIP was definitely a wing in college he played with Khalid and Ricky. Ray also frequently played with 2 other guards in the nba. On the heat for instance the small ball lineup was chalmers/wade/allen/James/Bosh.

i guess my definition of wing is a SF or SG that can play SF in 3 guard lineups. It’s an art not a science

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
He's not a reliable ball-handler or playmaker yet, and mostly plays SF (or even some very small-ball PF) on the circuit.

He projects long-term as a SG, but he's not one yet and probably won't be one until at least a year in Hurley's system.

Makes sense. I don't expect him to get a lot of time as a freshman really anyway.

Reaction Score
RIP was definitely a wing in college he played with Khalid and Ricky. Ray also frequently played with 2 other guards in the nba. On the heat for instance the small ball lineup was chalmers/wade/allen/James/Bosh.

i guess my definition of wing is a SF or SG that can play SF in 3 guard lineups
I agree with you

Reaction Score
He's not a reliable ball-handler or playmaker yet, and mostly plays SF (or even some very small-ball PF) on the circuit.

He projects long-term as a SG, but he's not one yet and probably won't be one until at least a year in Hurley's system.
Thanks for chiming in. That’s about what I suspected, but my analysis is completely second-hand.

Reaction Score
Reading the tea leaves from some of our more informed posters.. If a fourth roster spot became available (assuming JH and SJ are on board for 2021).. Our 2021 roster would benefit from having another shooter

Nate Santos has dropped in ranking quite a bit, but I could see him being a Polley/Giffey type player for us.

Reaction Score
When I first started posting here, I assumed everyone was old too...maybe simply because it’s a message board. But the more I’m on here I realize we have a lot of young people too. Even when Stanley passed several posters wrote that he was their one of their favorite players as a kid.

OldBosd

BBQ Beer Freedom!!!
Reaction Score
You're just not good at this. It's not a matter of how old the reader is, funny is funny and your material just isn't funny. Please take this as constructive criticism.

your "constructive criticism" isn't constructive. Just deckish

bill6319

Storrs, CT
Reaction Score
You're just not good at this. It's not a matter of how old the reader is, funny is funny and your material just isn't funny. Please take this as constructive criticism.
That’s your opinion, so far a lot of people have been enjoying DB’s blogs based on feedback. His comedy isn’t for everyone

Reaction Score
Go away.
You guys and the players like the video he posted in the past. He's presented himself as a work in progress trying to put effort into something that he's interested in

Either provide real, constructive criticism (sometimes I think his videos are a little over produced, but I get that's his style), just let it go, or just ignore his post/comments.

Edit: just seeing 860 and DB are two different people. But my comment about being constructive still stands.

bill6319

Storrs, CT
Reaction Score
I appreciate everyone’s feedback good or bad. I started a website to show my videos figured why not add a blog, asked some of my college buddies if they wanted to blog. In no way am I going for the barstool style I just told them to be themselves and let them have freedom with it. Some people like the stuff, some people don’t. Either way I’m just trying to have fun and bring enjoyable UConn content

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I appreciate everyone’s feedback good or bad. I started a website to show my videos figured why not add a blog, asked some of my college buddies if they wanted to blog. In no way am I going for the barstool style I just told them to be themselves and let them have freedom with it. Some people like the stuff, some people don’t. Either way I’m just trying to have fun and bring enjoyable UConn content
The videos are fine, it's the cringe stuff that you should get off your platform if you want to be taken seriously. "DB" is not getting anywhere with his style of humor, and his articles have many grammatical errors. If you post his stuff here, we have every right to be roast him, we arent his friends.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Nate Santos has dropped in ranking quite a bit, but I could see him being a Polley/Giffey type player for us.
I spoke with him on social media. He said that we haven’t been in contact in months.

bill6319

Storrs, CT
Reaction Score
The videos are fine, it's the cringe stuff that you should get off your platform if you want to be taken seriously. "DB" is not getting anywhere with his style of humor, and his articles have many grammatical errors. If you post his stuff here, we have every right to be roast him, we arent his friends.
Never said you can’t roast him. I literally said “I appreciate everyone’s feedback good or bad” I know posting on the boneyard can be a rough place sometimes. I never take it personally. I’m not exactly trying to be taken seriously at the moment. I’m no expert in videos nor are my bloggers some insiders, go ahead and roast us we are welcome to it. His blogs specifically say they are satire, was never to be taken seriously

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score

Every new blog or column goes through a “finding their voice” phase. I love the videos you produce, and I actually find the blog posts pretty entertaining for the most part (definitely don’t think they deserve some of the hate they’ve received on this forum at least). Creating content is hard work, and getting people to view that content is even harder...takes a heavy dose of ambition, so I have a lot of respect for your operation. Keep doing you man - create content that you love, put it out into the world, and reach your audience by staying true to your values.

P.S. When you release your first “Andre Jackson UConn Dunk Mix” I might break the internet from watching it too many times...

bill6319

Storrs, CT
Reaction Score
Every new blog or column goes through a “finding their voice” phase. I love the videos you produce, and I actually find the blog posts pretty entertaining for the most part (definitely don’t think they deserve some of the hate they’ve received on this forum at least). Creating content is hard work, and getting people to view that content is even harder...takes a heavy dose of ambition, so I have a lot of respect for your operation. Keep doing you man - create content that you love, put it out into the world, and reach your audience by staying true to your values.

P.S. When you release your first “Andre Jackson UConn Dunk Mix” I might break the internet from watching it too many times...
High appreciated man!! And oh man I can’t wait to make that video

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99