2021 Recruiting: - Jordan Hawkins | Page 10 | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting: Jordan Hawkins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sounds like a great night. Regrettably i’m drinking smirnoff seltzer’s. Not terrible to be honest.
Sadly it wasn't, just trying to support my locals until the doors get shut again. My best local friend who is moving across the country tomorrow couldn't meet me out because he just found out his father-in-law is in a coma. The last 6 months feel a bit like a neverending nightmare, just buckling up for the next 6 months.

Reaction Score
FWIW the stats compiled from the 5 games I watched--didn't watch one because the starters barely played.

11.5 PPG
3.0 RPG
0.6 APG

1.2 TO
0.7 STL
0.0 BLK

50% FG (8.3 attempts)
50% 3FG (3.3 attempts)
69% FT (2.6 attempts)

Low usage, high-efficiency scorer. Versatile defender, with potential to be very good at the D1 level because of his experience guarding high major recruits at Dematha. His handles are a negative currently, as is his passing ability in the half-court and versus the press.

I expect he is a good fit partly because Andre is such a good ballhandler and passer for his size. Will allow Hawkins to play more of a 3&D/pure scorer role rather than having to lead the team, break presses, etc. I would expect to see 4 or more 3 point attempts for him by his sophomore year.

NBA potential IMO is higher than other recent recruits (besides Akok and Bouk) because he knows his role and sticks to it. He could make a career of 3 and D--anybody who watches the NBA knows how coveted dudes who can defend multiple positions and hit 3s so the superstars can do their thing are.

C

Chief00

Chief’s “All in” comment last Tuesday, changed the dynamic. They know Chief is a serious dude and wouldn’t just casually say that.
8E22E4D1-9139-4419-A9B2-A5312A29222E.jpeg

Reaction Score
I think Chief deserves a little credit. There was essentially radio silence on Hawkins when he made his post. Then this happened. While lucky, I do think Chief deserves at least a bit of acknowledgement.
If we all acknowledge he’s the insider of all insiders (lol) will that satisfy his ego enough where we can keep this to just the 2 victory laps he’s already taken?

Reaction Score
I think Chief deserves a little credit. There was essentially radio silence on Hawkins when he made his post. Then this happened. While lucky, I do think Chief deserves at least a bit of acknowledgement.
Agree w/you.. I actually see some parallels between Chief's skills and Mr Miyagi's.. "Be patient Grasshopper.. Wax on ..Wax off..Wax on..Wax off.."" Something about trusting the Grind.. So now gotta get Samson on board.. BTW ..Donovan.. You may have noticed that the Train is leaving the station.. Might want to hop on while you can..LOL

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
His original post, which seems to be missing now, said he was all in on Hawkins and 2 other guys. Chief won't acknowledge that.

Reaction Score
Yes. Though relevance escapes me.

Hawkins would be our 3rd DeMatha player since the 1980s if he commits. After Gwynn and Carlton. I thought perhaps Tim Coles went there too but he was at rival Cardinal Gibbons.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Agree w/you.. I actually see some parallels between Chief's skills and Mr Miyagi's.. "Be patient Grasshopper.. Wax on ..Wax off..Wax on..Wax off.."" Something about trusting the Grind.. So now gotta get Samson on board.. BTW ..Donovan.. You may have noticed that the Train is leaving the station.. Might want to hop on while you can..LOL
Your mixing martial arts movie/show quotes. Mr. Miyaga would say wax on, wax off to Daniel-san. Master Po would instruct young Kwai Chang Caine to be patient.

Reaction Score
Your mixing martial arts movie/show quotes. Mr. Miyaga would say wax on, wax off to Daniel-san. Master Po would instruct young Kwai Chang Caine to be patient.

...and then there is Dan Hurley, today’s Rocky Balboa, with his father Bobby Hurley Sr., todays version of Mickey, “cut me, mick!”

Reaction Score
My bad..Always thought of Daniel-san as a grasshopper who was initially impatient as Mr Miyagi's student..

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
If we all acknowledge he’s the insider of all insiders (lol) will that satisfy his ego enough where we can keep this to just the 2 victory laps he’s already taken?

def not

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Tough to get a good read on his DeMatha tape because his usage is low in most games(defense is spectacular though!!!). But if you look back at his sophomore tape playing good public competition you can get a real good sense at just how good he is. Check out this single game highlight for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom