CHARLIE WARD--FLORIDA STATE--QUARTERBACK..PLAYED FOR THE NY KNICKS
ANTONIO GATES--PLAYS FOR SAN DIEGO CHARGERS
JIMMIE GRAHAM--MIAMI HURRICANES PLAYS WITH SAINTS
TONY GONZALEZ--HALL OF FAME TIGHT END

JUST TO NAME A FEW LOL

Ummmmm......I meant for UConn.......

Reaction Score
LOOKS GOOD FOR UCONN, JORDAN IS A GIFTED ATHLETE, AND THE SKY IS THE LIMIT--
Tell him he will not regret going to UConn. Great atmosphere at the school.

Reaction Score
PS - Glad to see PP is accommodating 2-sport athletes! Athleticism is so important!
That's the old school athlete. Some played more than 2 sports back in the days.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Brian Fair played some football after he ran out of basketball eligibility but didn't last more than a few games. I think he went to camp with the Arizona Cardinals though.

Reaction Score
Am I hearing correctly that Fuchs is on campus right now for an official basketball visit?

Reaction Score
Hope we get this kid.. Could use him on both the hardwood as well as in the redzone on the football field

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Am I hearing correctly that Fuchs is on campus right now for an official basketball visit?

i can not find anything confirming this. if true then my suspicion might be true that we have officially locked up CTK. omar, his little sis, fuchs and hopefully joyner. whos next from CTK!!! love it. would love to see us give JF a fball ship and he can walkon the bball team and he would be 1 of the best walkons any team has ever had lol.

Reaction Score
i can not find anything confirming this. if true then my suspicion might be true that we have officially locked up CTK. omar, his little sis, fuchs and hopefully joyner. whos next from CTK!!! love it. would love to see us give JF a fball ship and he can walkon the bball team and he would be 1 of the best walkons any team has ever had lol.
don't forget, we have two olympians form CtK & UCONN in Sue Bird and Tina Charles.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
im hearing the fuchs will be here this weekend either friday or saturday.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Please tell me it's pronounced 'fuks'. Please

Reaction Score
HCPP did allude to a recruit being there for an unofficial today during his Media Day press conference. Can't remember the exact adjective he used but something to the effect of a "very good" recruit

Reaction Score
HCPP did allude to a recruit being there for an unofficial today during his Media Day press conference. Can't remember the exact adjective he used but something to the effect of a "very good" recruit

... And he mentioned a few more coming over the weekend (I believe he said unofficial).

Reaction Score
... And he mentioned a few more coming over the weekend (I believe he said unofficial).
jordan was on campus saturday, meeting the players, watching practice, meeting the staff--he also was watching film of the TE sets that UCONN runs--
Jordan is a physical player, who possess high level athleticism and all the tools needed to be an immediate impact player--UCONN is the perfect fit--lets see how this plays out--

Reaction Score
jordan was on campus saturday, meeting the players, watching practice, meeting the staff--he also was watching film of the TE sets that UCONN runs--
Jordan is a physical player, who possess high level athleticism and all the tools needed to be an immediate impact player--UCONN is the perfect fit--lets see how this plays out--

I think Coach P needs to call in a favor from an old student... "Paul Pasqualoni served as the Cowboys' coach of tight ends for the 2005 season, where he is credited for the continued development of Jason Witten leading to his second consecutive trip to the Pro Bowl" "What you see is what you’re going to get with him,” Witten said. “Very intense, very motivated but matter of fact. It’s nothing different than what you’ve seen on a daily basis. He’s a ball coach. He’s been that way whether he’s coaching tight ends, defensive ends or linebackers. He’s the same guy. He’s going to demand a way that we play and we need to execute within that. It’s tough to be in this situation, but I think for all of us we’re hopeful and excited where we’re headed.”

Reaction Score
Can he block? He looks very athletic and has great size. We've overlooked other prospects because their blocking was not consistent. His film is poor and difficult to see. Perhaps you guys saw something that I might have missed!

Reaction Score
Can he block? He looks very athletic and has great size. We've overlooked other prospects because their blocking was not consistent. His film is poor and difficult to see. Perhaps you guys saw something that I might have missed!

TE's that size don't need to learn how to block to dominate in High School. That is something you have to teach them when they get to college. If I know that ....

Reaction Score
he has not been used in hs as a blocker, he was too busy scoring tds. however he has toughness and grit he will have to be taught how to block--i dont see a problem with that--
he is a tireless worker who keeps his mouth shut, and his eyes open

Reaction Score
So what's the NCAA rule on the scholarship deal? Can he get a full ride on a football schollie and walk on the hoops team without it counting against the hoops limit? Anyone know?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
So what's the NCAA rule on the scholarship deal? Can he get a full ride on a football schollie and walk on the hoops team without it counting against the hoops limit? Anyone know?

his ship will count for fball and he can walkon in bball. doesn't count towards bball in any way.

Reaction Score
he has not been used in hs as a blocker, he was too busy scoring tds. however he has toughness and grit he will have to be taught how to block--i dont see a problem with that--
he is a tireless worker who keeps his mouth shut, and his eyes open
I wasn't getting on him. The reason why I say this is because a while ago HFD stated that Joyner's blocking was questionable as perhaps that is why he hadn't received an offer.

pj

Reaction Score
The football tape is hard to see but there are good videos of him playing basketball. He can get well above the rim:

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I wasn't getting on him. The reason why I say this is because a while ago HFD stated that Joyner's blocking was questionable as perhaps that is why he hadn't received an offer.
His blocking his sr year wasnt great and he needed to gain weight. Those are the main reasons that he only got below level bcs offers and decided to prep a year. I am led to believe that he has those things now taken care of and will be a great player. Fwiw

Reaction Score
Good because I'm really high on Joyner. I think he has a great upside. The fact that he decided to go to prep school is a great...I think it will benefit him greatly.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
his ship will count for fball and he can walkon in bball. doesn't count towards bball in any way.
Wrong. If you are a scholarship athlete in one sport your scholarship is counted in any sport that you participate in. If this weren't the case there would be a number of schools adding athltic teams in sports they don't care about (men's ice hockey in the SEC for example) just to increase the number of scholarships they could give to football players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom