Jordan Fuchs Decommits | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jordan Fuchs Decommits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How has Jim Brown not been mentioned? Danny Ainge, Bob Hayes, Renaldo Nehemia and Hershel Walker is kicking peoples butts in MMA at 50 years old.

Reaction Score
The 6'10 big for NC State a few years back - Andrew Mc(?) - Yanks farm system threw beebees but had arm troubles........

Reaction Score
Willie Gault , mercury Morris
All due respect to Herschel Walker; he has fought nothing but tomato cans in MMA.

Reaction Score
Carl Crawford:

Offered a Scholarship for PG at UCLA

Offered a scholarship at QB by Nebraska, Oklahoma, USC, and Florida

Drafted by the Rays in the 2nd round of the MLB draft by the Rays

Reaction Score
Burrell was the first American athlete to be a first round draft-pick in two major sports.

Reaction Score
Wow, No one mentioned either Tom Glavine or Eric Lindros. Both were drafted for both Hockey and Baseball.

Reaction Score
Frankly, I completely forgot about him, which I assume 90% of folks here that primarily follow the hoops program did as well.

I figured that if he turned out to be a very good FB player, the likelihood of him suiting up for the hoops program would be slim. It does happen from time to time at other programs, but it's pretty rare. When it happens, it's usually with elite dual-sports athletes who are very good at both, which doesn't seem to be the case here, though I might be wrong. I understood that Fuchs was a D1 football talent, but a marginal D1 hoops level recruit.

As most of us know, the NCAA makes the player sign the FB scholly and walk-on to the hoops team. My guess is that whatever program he lands, if he's football starter or future starter material, that coach is not going to want him to play hoops. As for most hoops coaches, if he's a big body who can at least come off the bench to eat some minutes or maybe even if he's just a solid practice player, they'd be willing to take him after his FB season has ended.

Here's a trivia question: What Dual-FB/Hoops 2-sport athletes can you name?

Charlie Ward (FSU QB/PG) is one that I can come up with.

There have been a few FB/Baseball ones: Bo Jackson, Scott Burrel (UConn Hoops/Pro-baseball), Deion Sanders

I actually found a Wikipedia link of Multi Sports Athletes. I'm sure some of you can come up with a good list off the top of your head.
Nasty Nate Robinson

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
No mention of Dave Winfield?? Sacrilege. Dude could've played in MLB, NBA and NFL. A freak athlete. I'd put him and Bo Jackson as the tops in my lifetime.

Reaction Score
How could we get two pages in without mentioning Micheal Jordan, GOAT on the hardwood, and goat on the diamond.

;)

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
No mention of Dave Winfield?? Sacrilege. Dude could've played in MLB, NBA and NFL. A freak athlete. I'd put him and Bo Jackson as the tops in my lifetime.

There was mention of Dave Winfield.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Fuchs definitely decommitted - there ain't no question about that.

However, he's re-committed and will be on campus this weekend.

This is terrific news for the football program - but, again, no impact on the hoop program.

Reaction Score
How about Famous Jameis Winston, QB for florida state right now also a baseball stud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom