Jordan Fuchs Decommits | The Boneyard

Jordan Fuchs Decommits

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Has decommitted from the football team and has opened his recruitment back up. He won't be on the basketball squad come 2014.

RivalsFriedman 4:14pm via Web
Confirmed through his father, Jordan Fuchs has decommitted from #UConn.

Reaction Score
Reading his post, seems like he could still end up UConn but wants to look at other options now that there has been a coaching change. Says UConn is still at the top of the list. Can't imagine Weist is less impressive from a recruiting perspective than PP, so you'd think there's a good chance he ends up at UConn in the end. Seems like a great athlete, would love to have him for both football and basketball.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
If anything, you'd think Pasqualoni's firing would solidify recruits' commitment to UConn.
Winning would solidify recruits' commitment to UConn. Not to go all Warde Manuel on you and stuff. :D

Reaction Score
He'll be back........Hopefully, seems like an excellent athlete and a huge recruit for football. Don't blame him and good luck to him no matter........

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Even if he comes to UConn, there's little chance you will see him on the basketball court.

That was overblown from the jump.

Reaction Score
Even if he comes to UConn, there's little chance you will see him on the basketball court.

That was overblown from the jump.

Frankly, I completely forgot about him, which I assume 90% of folks here that primarily follow the hoops program did as well.

I figured that if he turned out to be a very good FB player, the likelihood of him suiting up for the hoops program would be slim. It does happen from time to time at other programs, but it's pretty rare. When it happens, it's usually with elite dual-sports athletes who are very good at both, which doesn't seem to be the case here, though I might be wrong. I understood that Fuchs was a D1 football talent, but a marginal D1 hoops level recruit.

As most of us know, the NCAA makes the player sign the FB scholly and walk-on to the hoops team. My guess is that whatever program he lands, if he's football starter or future starter material, that coach is not going to want him to play hoops. As for most hoops coaches, if he's a big body who can at least come off the bench to eat some minutes or maybe even if he's just a solid practice player, they'd be willing to take him after his FB season has ended.

Here's a trivia question: What Dual-FB/Hoops 2-sport athletes can you name?

Charlie Ward (FSU QB/PG) is one that I can come up with.

There have been a few FB/Baseball ones: Bo Jackson, Scott Burrel (UConn Hoops/Pro-baseball), Deion Sanders

I actually found a Wikipedia link of Multi Sports Athletes. I'm sure some of you can come up with a good list off the top of your head.

Reaction Score
Frankly, I completely forgot about him, which I assume 90% of folks here that primarily follow the hoops program did as well.

I figured that if he turned out to be a very good FB player, the likelihood of him suiting up for the hoops program would be slim. It does happen from time to time at other programs, but it's pretty rare. When it happens, it's usually with elite dual-sports athletes who are very good at both, which doesn't seem to be the case here, though I might be wrong. I understood that Fuchs was a D1 football talent, but a marginal D1 hoops level recruit.

As most of us know, the NCAA makes the player sign the FB scholly and walk-on to the hoops team. My guess is that whatever program he lands, if he's football starter or future starter material, that coach is not going to want him to play hoops. As for most hoops coaches, if he's a big body who can at least come off the bench to eat some minutes or maybe even if he's just a solid practice player, they'd be willing to take him after his FB season has ended.

There have been a few FB/Baseball ones: Bo Jackson, Scott Burrel (UConn Hoops/Pro-baseball), Deion Sanders

I actually found a Wikipedia link of Multi Sports Athletes. I'm sure some of you can come up with a good list off the top of your head.
Off the top of my head I can think of Donovan McNabb and Julius Peppers.

Reaction Score

You can only count Scotty if you realize he was playing minor league baseball and not actually for UConn........

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Drew Henson failed at two pro sports - it must have been terribly frustrating to be so good at both, but just short of good enough. John Elway played a season of minor league ball for the Yankees.

Tom Brady was drafted by the Montreal Expos.

Jeff Samardzija was an all-american at Notre Dame and now pitches for the Cubs.

Dave Winfield was drafted by the San Diego Padres, the Atlanta Hawks, Utah Stars and the Minnesota Vikings. Dave Logan was drafted by the Cincinnati Reds, the Cleveland Browns and the Utah Stars. Those two cats were athletes.

Brian Jordan might be the best of the bunch in some ways - he played minor league baseball while also playing for the Atlanta Falcons for three seasons.

One year, the Cardinals offer him a good deal and he quits the NFL and heads off on a 15-year MLB career.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Neon Dieon was pretty damned good.

14 NFL seasons. And when he was bored he was employed for 9 MLB half-seasons.

Reaction Score
Brian Jordan might be the best of the bunch in some ways - he played minor league baseball while also playing for the Atlanta Falcons for three seasons.

One year, the Cardinals offer him a good deal and he quits the NFL and heads off on a 15-year MLB career.

Deion Sanders is better. HOF football player and played nine years of MLB.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Deion Sanders is better. HOF football player and played nine years of MLB.

For sure - Sanders is better.

I kind of garbled the message - I was aiming for 'underrated' rather than better. Jackson and Sanders were both clearly more talented in football than Jordan was in his prime sport.

Although, it bears mention that Jordan made $52,000,000 after ditching the NFL. That's a tidy second career right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom