Jordan Bruner to Transfer | The Boneyard

Jordan Bruner to Transfer

Reaction Score
There’s really nothing for these coaches to do right now but reach out. I expect we will reach out to every good transfer and so will everyone else. Our program is on the rise and has some buzz about it so I expect we will land a really good one sometime in April or May.

Reaction Score
I’ve been on this train for awhile now. Think it makes a lot of sense for both sides if he decides to play college ball next season. Fills a need and can have a good amount of PT while remaining in state.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
I want him but I don’t trust him to stay healthy at a position where we already have injury issues. Not worth it.

Reaction Score
Thought he was going pro so kinda surprised. Going to be stunned if Hurley can’t land at least one stud
I thought so too, thats what all the writers have been saying the last week or so. This would be huge to land him. Bruner plays a position we need. Its low risk, extremely high reward in my opinion.

Reaction Score
I want him but I don’t trust him to stay healthy at a position where we already have injury issues. Not worth it.

Well you don't like our other potential PF Nollet. Who would you prefer? Cause it's Bruner/Nolley or hoping Adams grows 4 inches over the next 6 months at this point. Springs has never played 4 before, and he'll be a freshman. I've heard good things, but we need experience.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Well you don't like our other potential PF Nollet. Who would you prefer? Cause it's Bruner/Nolley or hoping Adams grows 4 inches over the next 6 months at this point. Springs has never played 4 before, and he'll be a freshman. I've heard good things, but we need experience.
That’s not true. We have a deep front court. Whaley/Josh Carlton, Springs/Jackson/Polley. We’re fine there. We need perimeter defense and 3 point shooting.

Reaction Score
That’s not true. We have a deep front court. Whaley/Josh Carlton, Springs/Jackson/Polley. We’re fine there. We need perimeter defense and 3 point shooting.
Jackson isn't a pf. Polley is coming off injury and isn't a pf.

Springs is a RS freshman, who knows what he can provide.

Whaley depending on the matchup could play pf but he has played best at the 5 (even if he's slightly undersized in height he makes up for it with athleticism).

Carlton is coming off a down year and should only play center.

Brown-Ferguson is a true freshman raw center.

That's not a deep (proven) front court. We need another big, that can play pf to contribute next year. Another guard for perimeter defense and 3PT shooting is a luxury.

Reaction Score

A recent upload.

I've mentioned to some guys on here before that I know there is some incentive for Bruner to stay in CT. I do not know if it will win out or not.

I also know that he isn't 205lbs any more. They don't change listed weights after the freshman year weigh-in at Yale.

Fantastic leader. He wasn't the leading scorer or best player at Yale, but he absolutely kept that team locked in in practice.

Definitely has his downsides. Not always the toughest and kind of inconsistent, especially towards the end of last season. But shotblocking and the ability to shoot at the 4 is what we were excited about with Akok and Bruner provides that too. Less athletic and high-ceiling than Akok, but he's experienced vs good comp. I think our ceiling as a team is probably higher is Akok was healthy, but our floor is higher with Bruner too.

Worth mentioning that Yale was only a few spots lower than us on Kenpom this year. So that 11/9/4 isn't a low-major stat bump or anything.

Last edited:

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

A recent upload.

I've mentioned to some guys on here before that I know there is some incentive for Bruner to stay in CT. I do not know if it will win out or not.

I also know that he isn't 205lbs any more. They don't change listed weights after the freshman year weigh-in at Yale.

Fantastic leader. He wasn't the leading scorer or best player at Yale, but he absolutely kept that team locked in in practice.

Definitely has his downsides. Not always the toughest and kind of inconsistent, especially towards the end of last season. But shotblocking and the ability to shoot at the 4 is what we were excited about with Akok and Bruner provides that too. Less athletic and high-ceiling than Akok, but he's experienced vs good comp. I think our ceiling as a team is probably higher is Akok was healthy, but our floor is higher with Bruner too.

back to back strong bpm years, including really good defensivemetrics, plus an improving 3pt shot and a decent ft stroke. For one year at a spot of need? I can def roll with that.

Reaction Score

A recent upload.

Worth mentioning that Yale was only a few spots lower than us on Kenpom this year. So that 11/9/4 isn't a low-major stat bump or anything.

What's up with that tweet about his knees being brittle?

Reaction Score
back to back strong bpm years, including really good defensivemetrics, plus an improving 3pt shot and a decent ft stroke. For one year at a spot of need? I can def roll with that.

Yeah. Guys are acting like we can afford to be picky with PF prospects. They'd be in the NBA if they had no flaws.

Springs is a freshman and Polley is a SF with a bum knee we stuck at the PF by necessity.

If Bruner even picks up the darn phone, you roll out the red carpet for him.

Personally, I'm most interested in his passing. 3.7 ast/game is really, really good for a big. He is super comfortable getting the ball moving on the perimeter. Whaley started to look that way late in the year too at times

Last edited:

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Yeah. Guys are acting like we can afford to be picky with PF prospects. They'd be in the NBA if they had no flaws.

Springs is a freshman and Polley is a SF with a bum knee we stuck at the PF by necessity.

If Bruner even picks up the darn phone, you roll out the red carpet for him.

he has some spacing ability as a 4. that can be worked with.

plus he’s got 5+ dbpm. That’s really good. Not elite. But really good.

Reaction Score
What's up with that tweet about his knees being brittle?

He has sprained his ACL once and torn his meniscus twice, I think. He's for sure injury prone. But he's been healthy this season at least.

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score

A recent upload.

If I wasn't sold before, I am now. Reminds me a little of what I'd hoped a healthy Juwan Durham would've provided us.

Reaction Score
Yeah I think the veteran leadership that Bruner could provide would be huge for us next year. Plus, with CV and Al gone, and Akok sidelined, how many defensive minded players do we really have on the roster? He’s a solid floor spacer and play maker on offense as well.

Obviously Nolley’s ceiling is way higher and more long term but I would be ecstatic to get Bruner.

Reaction Score
We need PF depth. Go get the kid, regardless of any concerns. I think he could be a very good role player for us. He doesn't seem to have the alpha mentality and might do even better in a supportive role where he can just make the right play and let the game come to him.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
He doesn't seem to have the alpha mentality and might do even better in a supportive role where he can just make the right play and let the game come to him.
This, and what @husky429 has written above, fits with what I saw against Princeton.
Aware, involved, and constantly communicating w/teammates via words and hand motions while on the court.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom