Jones and Boston to visit UConn together | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Jones and Boston to visit UConn together

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
The news in Eugene is that Jones will be in town this weekend for the UO "Block Party," sort of a west coast version of "First Night," with scrimmages by both the women's and men's basketball teams, 3-point shooting and dunk contests, etc. It's a very big recruiting weekend for UO football and men's basketball. The former team will also be playing Washington (UO's biggest rival on the gridiron) on Saturday. Both teams are ranked and Autzen Stadium will be a complete zoo. If she likes football, she should see quite a show.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
UCONN only fishes in the deep end of the recruiting pond. 6 of the 10 biggest fishes (per ESPN) in the 2019 pond remain unsigned. A repeat of last year for UCONN is not only still possible, it is probable.
Do you really think probable is not too optimistic? On what do you base your optimism? I'm not being a jerk, just wondering why you feel so sure.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Do you really think probable is not too optimistic? On what do you base your optimism? I'm not being a jerk, just wondering why you feel so sure.
I'm not "sure" these are teenage girls we are talking about remember. I'm always optimistic.
We were in almost the exact position about this same time last year. Last year we got Christyn #1, ONO #5 and of course lost #2 Charli to Texas.
This year we are still in the running for #1 Jones and #3 Boston and lost #2 Jordan to TN ( I hate Orange) UCONN has already signed Aubrey. Just don't think UCONN is going to have a 1 player class in 2019.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
No offense here to our equine friend Alydar , but this thread has beaten a poor horse to death. Can't anyone wait for Christmas anymore? :p Vowelguy hit the inconvenience nail on the head for sure, even if he missed some of our more senior folks who are perhaps nearer to the "Boneyard" than their more junior pals

Last edited:
Reaction Score
No offense here to our equine friend Alydar , but this thread has beaten a poor horse to death. Can't anyone wait for Christmas anymore? :p Vowelguy hit the inconvenience nail on the head for sure, even if he missed some of our more senior folks who are perhaps nearer to the "Boneyard" than their more junior pals

Yes I started with just "70 year olds," then at the last minute modified to include younger chaps like meself. Went back and amended to 50-90.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Yes I started with just "70 year olds," then at the last minute modified to include younger chaps like meself. Went back and amended to 50-90.
A last minute reprieve,eh! Like Scrooge, standing at the edge of his grave and peering down.

Reaction Score
I'm not "sure" these are teenage girls we are talking about remember. I'm always optimistic.
We were in almost the exact position about this same time last year. Last year we got Christyn #1, ONO #5 and of course lost #2 Charli to Texas.
This year we are still in the running for #1 Jones and #3 Boston and lost #2 Jordan to TN ( I hate Orange) UCONN has already signed Aubrey. Just don't think UCONN is going to have a 1 player class in 2019.
Remember ONO was at the top before her injury so the #5 was a product of injury rather than skill.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Remember ONO was at the top before her injury so the #5 was a product of injury rather than skill.
I do remember that. Do you remember who ONO replaced as #1?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Try 50+ You never know. ;)

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
If UConn does not end up with a one person class, I will feel good about that because it would mean they got either Jones or Boston.

Reaction Score
I do remember that. Do you remember who ONO replaced as #1?
So I remember Williams and Collier trading #1 and then ONO surged to #1 right before her injury and then after her injury they put her at 5 from that point forward. In my opinion we got two #1s!!!!

Reaction Score
I think Jones is down to Stanford and UCONN. Something about Jones going to ND, SCAR, or Oregon just doesn’t sit right. Also I can’t see Boston not coming to UCONN. All signs point to UCONN although I wouldn’t count Dawn Staley out with this one.

Reaction Score
Btw, how did Boston end up in Worcester? She's from the Caribbean (right?) and came to a US boarding school -- why there? Curious if it is considered a Basketball school (like Oak Hill Academy for HS boys) or if there was some other personal/family connection to central Mass.

Reaction Score
Btw, how did Boston end up in Worcester? She's from the Caribbean (right?) and came to a US boarding school -- why there? Curious if it is considered a Basketball school (like Oak Hill Academy for HS boys) or if there was some other personal/family connection to central Mass.
Probably the high density of Irish population had something to do with it.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
DDW: I find Coco's optimism a refreshing counterbalance to TitleTown's pessimism (Boston to ND and Jones to Stanford) but it seems we'll have to wait a month or so to find out what the reality is.

A good way to judge the mood of the Boneyard would be to ask the question "What will be the resolution of UConn's pursuit of Jones and Boston?
a-UConn will get both of them.
b-UConn will get neither of them.
c-UConn will get Jones but not Boston.
d-UConn will get Boston but not Jones.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We go through this every year. Why? Why do the most coveted recruits like to stretch out their recruiting experience, and wait until the 11th hour before they reveal their choice of schools?

Other than your team entering the second weekend in the post season tournament, this (for some) is one of the most excruciating and stressful times of the year. :confused:

I remember this time last year when UConn was still waiting for their first verbal after having the rug pulled out from under them by Charli Collier. There were a few yarders that wandered if UConn was going to swing and miss on the 2018 class. It was 10;45 pm, and no verbals had been received yet. Then Williams and ONO (thank goodness) came through and verbaled at 11:59 pm. :)

I’m looking for a repeat of last year, as Jones and Boston commit to UConn moments before the early signing period begins November 14. 90% of the 2019 class has already verbally committed.

It would not surprise me if Boston announces her decision in mid November when her team is in the Virgin Islands for a tournament the exact same time UConn will be there for the Paradise Jam - Nov 22-24 vs Ole' Miss, St. Johns & Purdue.

She could not ask for a better stage/platform for her reveal. Don’t forget, she’s from the Virgin Islands. A rare opportunity to announce your decision in the presence of the team you’re committing to, and in front of numerous family and friends that live there. She’s already said that she will announce her decision on her way home from that tournament.

UConn’s tournament goes 1-2 days beyond her’s. Technically after the buzzer sounds in her last game, she’s on her way home. Something to think about. :rolleyes:

sounds like an ideal plan and I sure hope it works out that way but it's going to be a long flight home if she announces she's going some place else

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
sounds like an ideal plan and I sure hope it works out that way but it's going to be a long flight home if she announces she's going some place else

Charlie, I’m such an optimist, the thought of her committing somewhere else has not entered my mind since I’ve been following her recruitment. Most of the articles and comments I’ve read suggests she’s been listing towards UConn for some time. Lots of yarders (including me) thought Horston was coming to UConn. Sometimes the tea leaves are hard to read.

Like Will Rogers, all I know is what I read in the newspapers (and the Boneyard). I would be surprised and very disappointed if she commits elsewhere. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom