Jones and Boston to visit UConn together | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jones and Boston to visit UConn together

Reaction Score
So, if the 3rd place fits in on the academic and athletic factors, they're all tied at a "2." That sounds pretty much right and tight. Stay tuned.

she's going to play 2 years at UConn to work on the basics then one year at ND and the final year at Stanford because she wants that degree.......

Reaction Score
So, if the 3rd place fits in on the academic and athletic factors, they're all tied at a "2." That sounds pretty much right and tight. Stay tuned.

That's a legit POV. I think a recruit would rather choose a school that is No 1 at something. JMO ;)

Reaction Score
she's going to play 2 years at UConn to work on the basics then one year at ND and the final year at Stanford because she wants that degree..

Better to get a grad degree at Stan. :)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I'm thinking I shouldn't wait until November and should start freaking out now.
81io-BEpkpL._SX385_.jpg

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
In all likelihood these young ladies are leaning towards a particular school, if they have not actually made their decisions already. To some degree they are probably following through on a process that they established with input from parents and other advisors.

The one thing we have seen often in these situations is that a recruit may cut the process short after taking her OV to the school of her choice (Griffin) or typically announce right after her last visit (Horston), and frequently the last visit is the school of her choice (fingers crossed).

If my theory is correct, UConn will receive good news from Boston. I’ve been saying she’s a lock for some time and I’m not partial to eating crow. It would be fantastic if Jones cancelled her trip to Stanford, but it’s hard to imagine that she will. For that reason Jones may be a more difficult “get”.

If Geno feels really confident about Boston, and not as confident about Jones, the idea of having the 2 Under 17 World Championship teammates visit UConn together makes a lot of sense.

Reaction Score
In all likelihood these young ladies are leaning towards a particular school, if they have not actually made their decisions already. To some degree they are probably following through on a process that they established with input from parents and other advisors.

The one thing we have seen often in these situations is that a recruit may cut the process short after taking her OV to the school of her choice (Griffin) or typically announce right after her last visit (Horston), and frequently the last visit is the school of her choice (fingers crossed).

If my theory is correct, UConn will receive good news from Boston. I’ve been saying she’s a lock for some time and I’m not partial to eating crow. It would be fantastic if Jones cancelled her trip to Stanford, but it’s hard to imagine that she will. For that reason Jones may be a more difficult “get”.

If Geno feels really confident about Boston, and not as confident about Jones, the idea of having the 2 Under 17 World Championship teammates visit UConn together makes a lot of sense.

I have a feeling when all is said and done the 2020 class will be even more important then originally thought............perhaps UConn will have more then just four targets to consider next year

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I have a feeling when all is said and done the 2020 class will be even more important then originally thought..perhaps UConn will have more then just four targets to consider next year
I’m sure the 2019 class started out with more than 4 targets (SB & others were in the mix), but clearly Geno is looking for a haul of Blue Chip talent. It’s a high wire act for sure. If it works out, like it did with the HS Class of 2012, UConn can expect more championships. If it doesn’t, the challenge of getting back to the top is extremely difficult.

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Could you imagine if we got all three?! #1 #2 #3....WOW

Last time UCONN got #1 & #2 we won 4 str8 championships

Yes! :D

Reaction Score
I have a feeling when all is said and done the 2020 class will be even more important then originally thought..perhaps UConn will have more then just four targets to consider next year

I agree that the 2020 class is going to be instrumental in deciding the future of UConn women's basketball. I have said from the beginning that Griffin would be the only recruit of the 2019 that would chose UConn. I don't know why I feel the way I do, but I have Jones going to Stanford, Boston heading to ND, and Horston at either Tennessee or Ohio State. Hopefully I am wrong, we shall soon see.

Reaction Score
with Horston choosing Tennessee, UConn needs to lock down at least one of these two or 2019 recruiting will go down as a miss for Geno and company...........thank goodness for Aubrey Griffin.........unfortunately there's a real chance she'll be rooming with an upperclasswoman................

Reaction Score
I agree that the 2020 class is going to be instrumental in deciding the future of UConn women's basketball. I have said from the beginning that Griffin would be the only recruit of the 2019 that would chose UConn. I don't know why I feel the way I do, but I have Jones going to Stanford, Boston heading to ND, and Horston at either Tennessee or Ohio State. Hopefully I am wrong, we shall soon see.

unfortunately you're one third of the way there............ I somewhat share your pessimism...............the fact that Jones and Boston will be in Storrs together is encouraging but hardly a guarantee of a commitment..........hoping for the best

Reaction Score
what no uniform picture!!!.......I guess ND just pulled their offer.......:rolleyes:

I doubt she ends up at ND. I think Muffet tells her that we are no longer interested. I hope so. I have no doubt she finds a decent landing spot.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I doubt she ends up at ND. I think Muffet tells her that we are no longer interested. I hope so. I have no doubt she finds a decent landing spot.
You are not serious are you? Why would ND no longer be interested? Who would you rather have than Jones?

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Somebody that would at least appear to want to be a part of ND.
That makes sense. Was not aware she did not show interest. Thank you.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Wait, what? Haley Jones is no longer interested in Notre Dame? When did this happen?

Reaction Score
Don’t know. Charliebball said that ND pulled her offer because she refused to wear an ND jersey. I support the action.
Maybe she did maybe she didn't. Not all recruits want to. Muffet started doing that just two years ago when she had Walker and Westbrook on campus. It's not that big of a deal. Some young ladies don't put everything on social media. She kept it short and to the point with her post. Herself and the coaching staff and then one of her family at ND. I bet that she will keep it consistent for all of her visits.

But IMO she isn't going to ND. I feel like she will go to Stanford or Oregon. I think she wanted to see what ND was about since they have been an elite programs for years, and because they just won it all.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Don’t know. Charliebball said that ND pulled her offer because she refused to wear an ND jersey. I support the action.
Maybe Haley Jones feels that it would be inappropriate to put on a team’s uniform until she earned the right to do so. Now where have I heard that sentiment expressed before.....

Reaction Score
Maybe Haley Jones feels that it would be inappropriate to put on a team’s uniform until she earned the right to do so. Now where have I heard that sentiment expressed before.....

Earn the right to wear the uniform? How about go to the bookstore and buy one. Does $119 earn you the right?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Earn the right to wear the uniform? How about go to the bookstore and buy one. Does $119 earn you the right?
Obviously, you are not familiar with my reference. UConn steadfastly refuses to participate in this growing trend to outfit and photograph recruits in team uniforms. In the past Geno has made it very clear that you earn the right to wear a UConn Husky uniform by your effort in practice, in the classroom and by your attitude as a teammate.

It is my sincere hope that Haley Jones and Aliyah Boston will both earn their right to wear a UConn uniform at 1st night, on October 2019 in Storrs, CT.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom