John Silver killed it on Twitter today | The Boneyard

John Silver killed it on Twitter today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Terrific series of Tweets laying out the UConn coaching situation and the economics behind it - scroll a few hours down.

There's a response in there from the Waterbury Republican guy who somehow covered the Pasqualoni firing without hearing about the buyout, but that's the only hiccup in a pretty good conversation.

A great job by Silver.

Reaction Score
Agreed Fish. The "wait for a better job" crowd out in Michigan elsewhere fail to factor in the most important one -- salary.

BTW I saw Andrew C -- who usually does good work -- said this job isn't in "the top 60" of HC jobs nationally. Guess he doesn't think salary is important, either.

Reaction Score
Ed D didn't surprise me today with his complete ignorance of P's buyout clause. Silver definitely crushed it today...it was like 2 seasons of pent up frustration came boiling out!

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Largely agreed with him as I was reading all that too. Money can even out a lot of concerns about how the job "ranks", perception wise. If he comes here and does well he'll be that much further in future negotiating power - he'll be able to write his ticket. If not he's already established a good baseline salary.

Reaction Score
Great job by him. We have argued on this board over the years of just how good a job this is. What we lack in history and tradition we make up in salary. UConn is a middle of the road job. Not a bad gig at all.

Reaction Score
Ed D didn't surprise me today with his complete ignorance of P's buyout clause. Silver definitely crushed it today...it was like 2 seasons of pent up frustration came boiling out!

Maybe Ed D has info the $750K buyout is being paid over this and next 2 years? Not good if he thought P was getting full salary for 2014 & 2015.

Also saw a reference to '105 scholarships' in the twitter banter. Hope that was a slip, too.

Reaction Score
Maybe Ed D has info the $750K buyout is being paid over this and next 2 years? Not good if he thought P was getting full salary for 2014 & 2015.

Also saw a reference to '105 scholarships' in the twitter banter. Hope that was a slip, too.
P was due the $750K or what ever his contract stated when he was let go. I took Ed D's tweet as saying UCONN owed P the remainder of his contract not his buyout figure. The fact they even mentioned 105 scholarships when everyone here on the Boneyard knows we only get 85 is further reinforces the reputation they so willingly and easily earn!!!

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
John Silver came to work today. Great stuff. He basically sums up what I've been saying/thinking in my refute attempts of MSU fans to turn down the UCONN job: turning down a tripled/quadrupled pay raise is very risky unless you are 100% guaranteed of something offered to you in a few weeks.

Reaction Score
Interestingly, no one has reported that MSU has actually granted Narduzzi the right to interview with uconn. It's usually fair acompli when coordinator is interviewing for a HC job. Can we hammer this down?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I have too much free time on my hand right now and there's literally nothing preventing me from following this crap minute by minute.

So I was contemplating following Tweeter earlier today but decided getting a handle and following tweeterers was too much work.

I then asked myself, "Self who should be your go to guy for infomation and leads?" It took me about a half second to decide on Silver.

Rarely gets sucked in to hyperbole or crazy stuff. He's reliable and has good sources.

Glad to see I talked myself in to a good choice. But I'm only following him via his SNY updates.

No twittersphere for me.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
I am slowly getting into the Twitter thing and today I took a huge step in addict status as I was reading the Silver tweets. My fingers were scrolling as if my phone was treadmill. Great stuff. That exchange with Daigneault was excellent...duhh.

Now here I am a Twitter addict with 1 follower who happens to be my 70 year old aunt who admits she didn't know what she did when she signed up.

Reaction Score
Interestingly, no one has reported that MSU has actually granted Narduzzi the right to interview with uconn. It's usually fair acompli when coordinator is interviewing for a HC job. Can we hammer this down?

yeah, the Detroit News headline is misleading -- "Narduzzi to interview with UConn" not quite official yet.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I have had a Twitter account for a while (created it about a year ago and added all of these B1G media writers hoping for CR talk), but I NEVER checked it until the last few days. I've got to admit that I am officially hooked on it. I search "UCONN" and watch the tweets roll in. Only problem: I also get tweets from UCONN students complaining about ice and exams. If there is a way to filter those out, I'd be much obliged if somebody can teach me.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Instead of searching, you can choose a few UConn related folks to follow and just read what they tweet.

Reaction Score
Wake Forest: According to CBS Sports reporter Bruce Feldman, Bowling Green head coach Dave Clawson has been offered the head coaching job at Wake Forest.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I loved the line: "Michael Hogan happened in 2008"!

Reaction Score
Poor Ed D exposed himself today. I had no idea he was that ignorant.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Poor Ed D exposed himself today. I had no idea he was that ignorant.

Yep. Poor Ed and Des are wrapped up in yesterday's news and being tossed with the trash.

Reaction Score
This board is way, way too hard on Dez. He gets no breaks here. Silver was as much an empty cupboard soundboard as Dez.

I like both guys. Ed D, well I don't know what to say about that. Sports should probably just be his hobby. J/K.

Reaction Score
This board is way, way too hard on Dez. He gets no breaks here. Silver was as much an empty cupboard soundboard as Dez.

I like both guys. Ed D, well I don't know what to say about that. Sports should probably just be his hobby. J/K.

False. Desmond Conner was PGDL's mouthpiece. Silver was too, but not to such a great extent.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Des went all in on the "the players aren't good enough" line and that PP and GDL were recruiting higher caliber "prototype" players.

That and the fawning over Tebucky Jones, Jr. cost him credibility as a reporter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom