Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Wow that's some great news. ND, Depaul, Duke and SC. 3 of those are for sure top 25 teams and Depaul is hovering right around that at the moment...

HGN

Reaction Score
Good news.....for UConn, the other teams, fans, and for WCBB.

Reaction Score
This is good news but we need those games in January and February (not only in November and December)....I have to wonder if Coach P will be really interested to continue the games against UConn when she is ridiculed after each of those games by the media and even by the Duke fans...

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Would be great for A'Ja if she got to play a marquee game like uconn-ND, not to mention coming to South Carolina to play at her home state.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Fuller is saying he thinks she is going to a school "with Carolina in it's name".

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Would be great for A'Ja if she got to play a marquee game like uconn-ND, not to mention coming to South Carolina to play at her home state.
Perhaps that's the reason we're going to S Carolina because A'ja will be on our team.

Reaction Score
Excellent news. Actually, Tony, it may be the other way around....not that she's coming to UConn so they scheduled SC, but that UConn probably looks more attractive with SC on the schedule.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Fuller is saying he thinks she is going to a school "with Carolina in it's name".

Fuller isn't out there guessing (like the rest of us), but likely has a pretty good source with pretty good instincts on these things.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Excellent news. Actually, Tony, it may be the other way around....not that she's coming to UConn so they scheduled SC, but that UConn probably looks more attractive with SC on the schedule.
Here's another, SC looks more attractive with UConn on their schedule. That could be Staley's thinking.

ETA: Personally, I think there's no way JPM renews series with UConn.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Rich Elliott tweets that the UConn/ND game will be in South Bend next season.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Playing So Carolina I think bodes well for our chances to get Aja. I still think she's not going to So Car because of the delayed decision. Not sure if she's comin here, but i don't think it's So Car- great tactic by Geno!!! IMO

Reaction Score
ND is for ND. UConn is making a terrible mistake renewing a series with these people, unless they are paying UConn a lot of money to do so. This does not help UConn. They would be better to schedule the likes of Tennessee or other P5 teams. ND did not support UConn in conference realignment. Never did. Never will. Big, big mistake.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
ND is for ND. UConn is making a terrible mistake renewing a series with these people, unless they are paying UConn a lot of money to do so. This does not help UConn. They would be better to schedule the likes of Tennessee or other P5 teams. ND did not support UConn in conference realignment. Never did. Never will. Big, big mistake.

Totally agree. ND is nobody's friend. ND teams can't lose often enough.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score

Conference realignment had absolutely nothing to do with Woman's BB.
We can't go around making up excuses to not play the best teams (even if the reasons have merit).
For the sake of our team and Woman's BB, we have to play against ND and yea, UTenn and the rest.
And I hope Duke comes back as well; as cruel as I've been to coach P.

Reaction Score
So glad Notre Dame is back on the schedule. They would have given UCONN the most competitive game this season. The last few ND games on CBS were exciting to watch and reminded me of dare I say that other rivalry that is now long gone.
Glad the rivalry will continue. Does anyone know if the games will be broadcast on CBS?

Reaction Score
Totally agree. ND is nobody's friend. ND teams can't lose often enough.
I do think Notre Dame's athletic department is garbage. They are parasites that have absolutely no one's interest but their own at heart. Their decisions have been all about greed and friendship and loyalty are virtues that they know nothing about. I can't wish them enough bad things to happen. I would love to see Muffet McGraw leave them and coach somewhere like Ohio State or wherever so as their women's program goes back into a black hole where it and all things Notre Dame belong.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Wait a minute, I read on the Boneyard that Muffett didn't want to play UCONN anymore in order to kill off the program Geno built. Or that she was scared. Or something.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
those tweet (like most of them) are weird when you "@" the enemy. seems kind of mean. (@ means you're expecting a response, guess they are)

# "hashtags" would seem more appropriate

Reaction Score
Conference realignment had absolutely nothing to do with Woman's BB.
We can't go around making up excuses to not play the best teams (even if the reasons have merit).
For the sake of our team and Woman's BB, we have to play against ND and yea, UTenn and the rest.
And I hope Duke comes back as well; as cruel as I've been to coach P.
You are absolutely right in your approach to this. When it comes to the Hate Notre Dame Club, I, for the reasons stated by others on this thread, as well as for a variety of other reasons, refuse to take a back seat to anyone. But for fans of WCBB, and especially for fans of the undisputed premier program of the sport, our first concern should be for what is best for the game. As passionate as we are, we cannot forget how tenuous is the "hold" that women's athletics still has on the national consciousness. We desperately need heated national rivalries, and should support any effort to schedule the very best competition we can throughout the season. The hate factor only serves to make the matchups better and piques the national interest more. Bring 'em all on!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I do think Notre Dame's athletic department is garbage. They are parasites that have absolutely no one's interest but their own at heart. Their decisions have been all about greed and friendship and loyalty are virtues that they know nothing about. I can't wish them enough bad things to happen. I would love to see Muffet McGraw leave them and coach somewhere like Ohio State or wherever so as their women's program goes back into a black hole where it and all things Notre Dame belong.

Maybe Pope Francis called them and said they've been focused on the wrong things.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Football is the dog that wags the tail in conference realignment. ND kept its football and its other programs lived off the Big East. Not to rehash the whole history of ND in the conference, but if their sometimes not great fb program was in, it's quite possible the history of conference change would be radically different if existent at all. It all began with the ACC raid on the BE. Like ND or not, who thinks BC, Miami, VTech, Cuse, WV or Pitt would leave a fb conference with ND in it? ND doesn't care, didn't care and will do whatever it wants which is their prerogative. Is a hoops game with their women attractive? Yes. Does it do more for them than us? Well, any top team without us on the schedule has doubts around just how good they are. We'll survive and women's hoops has problems if it can't overcome not having a game between us and the Fighting Selfish.

Jim Calhoun refused to schedule BC after they left the conference. It's worse for UConn now overall, never mind just women's hoops, being stuck in this unattractive AAC and I think ND is as responsible for the whole chain of events as anyone because they kept their fb just the way they wanted while the BE burned. Muffet seems like a nice person. Why don't we just send her a Seasons Greetings card and leave it at that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22