Joey Calcaterra commits to UConn - San Diego transfer | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Joey Calcaterra commits to UConn - San Diego transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I look forward to seeing Joey C hitting some 3s and getting everyone fired up even if it's just a limited sample. I equally look forward to hearing about how the California native (Novato then San Diego) handles the walk to class in January when that wind just cuts you to the bone! I'm sure the Big East will be a blast for him. Win win for him and UConn.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
People aren’t talking about injuries either. We haven’t had the depth to weather an injury in the backcourt in recent years. We’ve been lucky to avoid disaster. Now we have insurance.
This is huge as I can't remember a year in the recent past where we weren't plagued by injuries. Danny just might observe all this talent in practice and decide to play a more up tempo game to run down opponents. I'm still hoping for this despite his reluctance in the past,

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
I look forward to seeing Joey C hitting some 3s and getting everyone fired up even if it's just a limited sample. I equally look forward to hearing about how the California native (Novato then San Diego) handles the walk to class in January when that wind just cuts you to the bone! I'm sure the Big East will be a blast for him. Win win for him and UConn.
Get his NIL program going and he can call an Uber.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Looking forward to him being a spark plug off the bench.

To me the best case scenario for the starting lineup is:
Newton
Hawk
Jackson
Johnson
Sanogo

Alleyne Diarra Joey karaban clingan all getting some burn. The second unit looks like a nice little squad to be honest. Lots of shooting and Diarra can drive and defend with clingan in the post. I'd love to be able to get sanogo less wear and tear so he's not gassed come tourney time again

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Seems like a nice kid. None of us knew who he was before yesterday, so really impressed by all the armchair analysis.

In any event, it’s mid-June, he is definitely better than an empty chair and he seems like a good locker room guy. Fine.
This dude will never admit that he was dead wrong about what the staff was doing this off-season with departures and reloading.

Seems like there is too much mercury in the water where this fishy swims…

Reaction Score
This dude will never admit that he was dead wrong about what the staff was doing this off-season with departures and reloading.

Seems like there is too much mercury in the water where this fishy swims…

The swapping of players via the portal has definitely resulted in a net gain. Possibly even a big net gain. Hurley has had a very successful offseason, the team will be very different with all of these shooters.

Now if we can just put a Castle on top.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I want this kid to play just to hear my dad butcher his name.

I'm going with "Joey Coldcuts" or "Joey Gabagool."

Is your dad the guy who gives mob guys their nicknames?

Joey Gabagool? Oh you won’t see him around here no more.”

Reaction Score
Good use of an 11th (or whatever) scholarship. Good locker room guy, could provide a shooting spark off the bench here or there. Maybe a Craig Austrie type.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Calcaterra translates as "doing math in the dirt"
More like “walks the earth.“ So, essentially, I figure we have to worry about him getting a lot of traveling calls.

Reaction Score
I want this kid to play just to hear my dad butcher his name.

I'm going with "Joey Coldcuts" or "Joey Gabagool."
My dad butchered many basketball player names, especially ones from Europe. I remember watching a game with my him and his British friend. My dad kept calling Toni Kukoč Toni Kucock and the Brit was amazed by the leaping ability of Lleyton Spruell AKA Latrell Sprewell.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
So if he is now fully healed and can improve upon his JR season we might really have a valuable player off the bench.
Isn't it the second year when the players are truly back. Why not here? I would love to see him drain a couple on the road and drive the fans crazy.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Is your dad the guy who gives mob guys their nicknames?

Joey Gabagool? Oh you won’t see him around here no more.”
Joey Potsandpans.

Reaction Score
Jesus would you let the Castle quote go already? Kid said he wanted to bring UConn back to the promised land and you're still whining about a couple words... give it up....
Making an initial comment. Referencing it when commenting on Joey's quote. And responding to someone who addressed me by addressing the Joey quote without rehashing the Castle quote is somehow not letting it go and whining... Got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom