Joel Ayayi | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Joel Ayayi

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I read somewhere he shies away from contact, has a weak handle, and isn't tough.

Also went to the line 0 times in 73 minutes at some tournament.

Reaction Score
Just curious what y'all are thinking:

Would you prefer Blake Harris or Joel ayayi if you could have your ideal?

I still don't see anywhere other than follow by Chillious that were even recruiting this kid. Wondering if the hype here is overblown

Reaction Score

I still don't see anywhere other than follow by Chillious that were even recruiting this kid. Wondering if the hype here is overblown
Probably Harris. Although I don't necessarily think it's one or the other. Ayayi just turned 17. Could very easily wait a year to go to college if he ever goes

Reaction Score

Probably ayayi. He is taller and seems to have more upside than Harris.

Reaction Score
I read somewhere he shies away from contact, has a weak handle, and isn't tough.

I see you are enjoying your newfound role of Mr. Negative.

Reaction Score
Not sure the kid can jump over a deck of cards, but I agree he looks smooth. He reminded me distinctly of somebody as I was watching but I can't think of who. Almost seems like there's a little Justin Jackson in his game but Jackson is 6'8.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Not sure the kid can jump over a deck of cards, but I agree he looks smooth. He reminded me distinctly of somebody as I was watching but I can't think of who. Almost seems like there's a little Justin Jackson in his game but Jackson is 6'8.

I had a bunch of immediate comparisons in my head when I saw the video too, but like you I couldn't place who, or what combination of players... But his game is familiar for sure.

Reaction Score

Blake Harris without a doubt. I don't like Ayayi at all, he would be a bust.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

As long as he doesn't have a helicopter parent those aren't necessarily bad things. Too much too soon?

Reaction Score
Looks like Zags will be after this kid also after they win the title. Just read the mention is an article. He is very Zaggy.

Reaction Score
Wouldn't be shocked if he came over to play in college next year. Didn't Svi Mychailuk (sp?) come over at 17 too?

Reaction Score
Wouldn't be shocked if he came over to play in college next year. Didn't Svi Mychailuk (sp?) come over at 17 too?
Yes he did, but I think Svi was MUCH further ahead of this kid

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
He was and still couldn't contribute in a limited role until this year. This kid might contribute when he's an upperclassman, but hopefully we have higher priorities.

Reaction Score
He was and still couldn't contribute in a limited role until this year. This kid might contribute when he's an upperclassman, but hopefully we have higher priorities.
My point was more I wouldn't mind him redshirting as the 13th scholarship next year if we can get 2 other solid guys who can contribute next year

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure Tony Parker was barely 17 when he came to the NBA from France. Full 5 o'clock shadow though.

Reaction Score
Took a trip to Gonzaga and will visit Georgia Tech.

Reaction Score
Took a trip to Gonzaga and will visit Georgia Tech.

These are the type of guys Few loves. I just read a good article on his recruiting philosophy the other day. It was a quick good read. It dealt with the whole self entitlement concept with today's players etc ...what he likes about euros.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom