Joe Zone | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Joe Zone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wonkster said:
This explanation from "Connecticut News" feed ought to clear up the Marchi situation - Former St. Paul quarterback Logan Marchi will try options Marchi pronounced he had been told by a aged coaching staff that his focus would go through, though that incited out to not be a case. Marchi pronounced he attempted to call UConn conduct manager Bob Diaco though had to leave a message. When asked about Marchi around email on Sunday, a UConn communications central pronounced that a propagandize can't criticism on a intensity student-athlete until he or she has sealed a minute of intent. Marchi skeleton to try other options. “I’m really looking elsewhere, perplexing to get somewhere before a finish of a signing era,” Marchi said.

That can't be real. Is it?

Reaction Score
This explanation from "Connecticut News" feed ought to clear up the Marchi situation -

Former St. Paul quarterback Logan Marchi will try options

Marchi pronounced he had been told by a aged coaching staff that his focus would go through, though that incited out to not be a case. Marchi pronounced he attempted to call UConn conduct manager Bob Diaco though had to leave a message. When asked about Marchi around email on Sunday, a UConn communications central pronounced that a propagandize can't criticism on a intensity student-athlete until he or she has sealed a minute of intent.

Marchi skeleton to try other options.

“I’m really looking elsewhere, perplexing to get somewhere before a finish of a signing era,” Marchi said.

Can someone explain this to me? I've read it about 10 times and I cannot even begin to grasp what is being said here. It's like it was originally in Chinese and someone just copy and pasted Google Translation.

Reaction Score
"First of all I want to clear up … I've seen where everybody has been talking that this is some deep conniving plan that's like beyond thought but it was an admissions decision by UConn," Marchi said Sunday morning. "I had no choice. I wasn't able to sign on Wednesday so my only option was to de-commit and explore my options with other schools. If nothing turns out there then I'll have to prep."

Asked if the admissions issue was related to academics, Marchi said: "I guess so because when they called they just said admissions denied the application and there was nothing they could do about it. I got the call Friday so it was a bit of a late call for me."

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure UConn knew Marchi wouldn't qualify back in Sept but held off telling him until close to signing day so BCU or anyone else in our conference couldn't get him. :eek:

Hey Joe O Zone...get the whole story and then get back to us.
Hmmn, maybe, or maybe, just maybe, they gave the kid every opportunity to qualify? Marchi's the biggest bag of nothing I've seen in quite a while.

Reaction Score
You People have an issue with Joe Zone, you keep it with Joe Zone, not a 17, 18 year old recruit, have a nice day!

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Can someone explain this to me? I've read it about 10 times and I cannot even begin to grasp what is being said here. It's like it was originally in Chinese and someone just copy and pasted Google Translation.
I was thinking "6 degrees of google translate". English>French>Mandarin>Kmher>Hebrew>Spanish>English. I'm not sure if that was 6 degrees or 7 degrees but I think it could suffice.

Reaction Score
I was thinking "6 degrees of google translate". English>French>Mandarin>Kmher>Hebrew>Spanish>English. I'm not sure if that was 6 degrees or 7 degrees but I think it could suffice.

I just gave up and read some Dr. Suess. Made me feel much smarter.

Reaction Score
You People have an issue with Joe Zone, you keep it with Joe Zone, not a 17, 18 year old recruit, have a nice day!

I see one negative post. "You people" should address things more directly.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
That can't be real. Is it?

After tweeting something about UCONN/Temple admissions last week, I had a DM chat with Marchi's old coach at St Paul's. He told me that WM promised Marchi his scholarship offer from PP would be honored no matter what. When Diaco was hired, he didn't want to carry 6 QBs on the depth chart and never pushed Marchi's application along. He said Marchi was not denied...his application was never sent because Diaco didn't want to have too many QBs on the depth chart. He said that Marchi loved UCONN and the fans but had no other choice but to re-open his recruitment and decided to go to Temple. Seems like a good kid and I have no reason to not believe what his old coach said.

From now on, I will stop making negative comments about this. I think Marchi was an unfortunate "casualty" of a mid-year coaching change. I wish him nothing but the best at Temple (except when they play against UCONN!). I can't blame Diaco either...no coach wants to be forced into making any kind of "grandfathered" decision, whether it is coaching staff or roster related. His decision also appears much clearer today after Davis' verbal. I don't know what WM said to Marchi or his old coach and what kind of promises were made so I can't comment on that. It just appears to be a very unfortunate situation that has, hopefully, ended well for all parties: Marchi a scholarship QB at Temple and UCONN with Davis (and a bit more class separation between Cochran/Boyle and Davis).

Reaction Score
After tweeting something about UCONN/Temple admissions last week, I had a DM chat with Marchi's old coach at St Paul's. He told me that WM promised Marchi his scholarship offer from PP would be honored no matter what. When Diaco was hired, he didn't want to carry 6 QBs on the depth chart and never pushed Marchi's application along. He said Marchi was not denied...his application was never sent because Diaco didn't want to have too many QBs on the depth chart. He said that Marchi loved UCONN and the fans but had no other choice but to re-open his recruitment and decided to go to Temple. Seems like a good kid and I have no reason to not believe what his old coach said.

From now on, I will stop making negative comments about this. I think Marchi was an unfortunate "casualty" of a mid-year coaching change. I wish him nothing but the best at Temple (except when they play against UCONN!). I can't blame Diaco either...no coach wants to be forced into making any kind of "grandfathered" decision, whether it is coaching staff or roster related. His decision also appears much clearer today after Davis' verbal. I don't know what WM said to Marchi or his old coach and what kind of promises were made so I can't comment on that. It just appears to be a very unfortunate situation that has, hopefully, ended well for all parties: Marchi a scholarship QB at Temple and UCONN with Davis (and a bit more class separation between Cochran/Boyle and Davis).

Thanks for that - unfortunate but makes sense on all sides. Sometimes things don't work out the way people intend.

(but I was also commenting on the grammar in that earlier post - not sure what language that is)

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Thanks for that - unfortunate but makes sense on all sides. Sometimes things don't work out the way people intend.

(but I was also commenting on the grammar in that earlier post - not sure what language that is)

Ah, my bad. I'm sorry, I misinterpreted your post. Yeah, that was written a bit differently, huh?

Agreed. My love for UCONN sometimes blinds me from remembering that these are 17 and 18 year olds that we are talking about. Kids change their minds and, sometimes, so do the schools. This is just a good reminder why I intentionally don't follow recruiting news too closely (other than when a kid announces their verbal commitment and/or signed LOI to UCONN). That said, I still don't like the way several members of the CT media cover UCONN. Just my personal bias speaking.

Reaction Score
So if I were to read between the lines here, Marchi doesn't meet UConn's general admission standards but likely gets accepted as an athlete.(No problem here. Lots of athletes get accepted to lots of schools, Ivys NESCAC, everywhere, who wouldn't if they were just considered in the general applicant pool) But when the coach didn't notify Admissions that this was a priority he pretty much was considered as a general applicant and was not accepted. That we could afford to pass on a quarterback in this class also makes sense, and I might get in some hot water for this, but the idea that we were going to have 3 Connecticut kids as the primary quarterback candidates made me a bit antsy. I know Pasqualoni loved and was loved by the local high school coaches, but I'm not sure that for a position that important we want to cast such a small net, particularly when the pool we are fishing in isn't particularly deep. Did I mix enough metaphors there?

Reaction Score
LM went a bit further in philly papers, suggesting he was not what new staff was/is looking for in measurables (see Davis), which was the reason for his app getting nowhere. If he feels he will fit in at Temple and that it will provide him with the right place to grow, god speed.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
LM went a bit further in philly papers, suggesting he was not what new staff was/is looking for in measurables (see Davis), which was the reason for his app getting nowhere. If he feels he will fit in at Temple and that it will provide him with the right place to grow, god speed.
I remember seeing a profile of the kid last fall on channel 3 (figures) and the kid really looked small.

Reaction Score

Unless the coach is also an athletic or admissions administrator at UConn, he's just speculating the way we are. I highly doubt anyone told him, "We just didn't think enough of your kid to push for him."

Ask yourself this - why did even Temple wait until the end of the high school year to offer a scholarship? It sure sounds like they wanted to see something on his transcript before committing.

Reaction Score
Unless the coach is also an athletic or admissions administrator at UConn, he's just speculating the way we are. I highly doubt anyone told him, "We just didn't think enough of your kid to push for him."

Ask yourself this - why did even Temple wait until the end of the high school year to offer a scholarship? It sure sounds like they wanted to see something on his transcript before committing.

Excellent point Kibbles. We will never know the real story. Marchi is quoted as saying the Diaco staff was recruiting QBs over him. The only recollection I had was the staff going after Linta when they realized Marchi would not get accepted. The fact that they were going after Linta shoots down the 6 qb statement. Marchi's camp and some in the press will spin this as Uconn and Diaco being the villain.

It seems quite apparent that admissions was waiting on a grade, be it a class or an SAT score, and it just didn't work out. As pointed out, the fact that no other schools jumped in and offered is a telling fact. Guessing that Marchi took other classes or got the required SAT score to get into Temple. Good for him. I hope he is successful and by the time he is a starting QB UConn will not be in the AAC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom