Joe Zone | The Boneyard

Joe Zone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Seems very bitter towards new coach ,made his " thanks coach P" comment referring to Newsome, sounded like a dig,then went on about Logan Marchi and how he was notified 6 days be signing day that he wouldn't receive a scholarship.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Remember somebody said something about some members of the Connecticut media not knowing how to cover college football? Exhibit A: Joe Zone.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure UConn knew Marchi wouldn't qualify back in Sept but held off telling him until close to signing day so BCU or anyone else in our conference couldn't get him. :eek:

Hey Joe O Zone...get the whole story and then get back to us.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Are people that dense?

It is not too hard to connect the dots and put together the puzzle pieces on the Marchi situation. He leaves a high school in the middle of his senior year to transfer to a local public school and at roughly the same time he is deemed not academically eligible at UConn. Obviously the high school and UConn cannot divulge the 'real' reason this all went down due to privacy laws, but it doesn't take a genius to figure out what happened here. To place any blame on UConn is ignorant and illogical...but why would a journalist look at common sense and dig into a story...if a 17 year old kid tells you something, then clearly it is the whole story! ;)

Reaction Score
Are people that dense?

It is not too hard to connect the dots and put together the puzzle pieces on the Marchi situation. He leaves a high school in the middle of his senior year to transfer to a local public school and at roughly the same time he is deemed not academically eligible at UConn. Obviously the high school and UConn cannot divulge the 'real' reason this all went down due to privacy laws, but it doesn't take a genius to figure out what happened here. To place any blame on UConn is ignorant and illogical...but why would a journalist look at common sense and dig into a story...if a 17 year old kid tells you something, then clearly it is the whole story! ;)

Agree with you GUY...
...a Catholic HS at that with a 4 year schollie on the ropes.....somebody didn't do something or "did" do something.
Wish him the best, hope he gets straightened out and let's move on......
MEANWHILE, A VERY CLEAR CUT EXAMPLE......Tale away Joe zone's PRESS PASS and give it to the BY so we can get the correct BIASED info out there.
Who should get the press pass on the BY???

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Agree with you GUY...
...a Catholic HS at that with a 4 year schollie on the ropes.....somebody didn't do something or "did" do something.
Wish him the best, hope he gets straightened out and let's move on.
MEANWHILE, A VERY CLEAR CUT EXAMPLE.Tale away Joe zone's PRESS PASS and give it to the BY so we can get the correct BIASED info out there.
Who should get the press pass on the BY???
Jimmy

Reaction Score
Joe Zone's background is he came from Syracuse, so he is probably a fan of PP.

From the WFSB website:

Before coming to Hartford, Joe worked at WSTM-TV in Syracuse, N.Y., where he covered the Big East, the New York Yankees, NASCAR and golf.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
Joe Zone has been stuck in Hartford for a long time.....the rest of the world doesn't think he's good....

Reaction Score
Here's more from this clown....feel free to destroy him on twitter

Joe Zone ‏@joezonewfsb 12s
Football standout sees UConn scholarship rescinded http://www.wfsb.com/video?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=9806059#.UvLf1qo5Ljw.twitter… #cthsfb

Reaction Score
I loved Joe Zone's Friday Night Lights when it first came out. But each year it was less enjoyable.
Each week, he seemed more sleazy!

Reaction Score
Joe Zone is best at the Friday Night H.S. highlights. Other than that, he's garbage.

Reaction Score
Joe Zone is best at the Friday Night H.S. highlights. Other than that, he's garbage.
Coach. You know Coach Kelly. Is there anything you might know that you're willing to share?

Reaction Score
"I just thought you should know." For Zone to call this situation sleazy on local TV he really needs to come up with more facts. This was a bush league comment by him. As for Marchi he does have a scholarship option, CCSU must have openings with their coaching change. I was questioning the Admission office at UConn as possibly screwing up. With the change in schools there is more going on here. Like what is Joe Zone's real name?

Reaction Score
The amazing thing is that he doesn't even mention Marchi's mid-year transfer. I assume he knows, because if he's ignorant of that he's a complete clown, and it just doesn't fit his "this is sleazy" rant because it will lead to obvious questions.

Reaction Score
Joe Zone's background is he came from Syracuse, so he is probably a fan of PP.

From the WFSB website:

Before coming to Hartford, Joe worked at WSTM-TV in Syracuse, N.Y., where he covered the Big East, the New York Yankees, NASCAR and golf.

Ya think?

joezonewfsb Jan 31, 3:11pm via web
UConn finally gets a Parade All American and the coach who recruited Arkeel Newsome isn't around to get any of the credit.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I was waiting for some no talent arse clown to bag about PP not getting credit for bringing in Newsome. I'd like to point Joe Bozo to Ray Rice. PP had Rice going to the Fruit before he was canned in favor of G-Rob. Rice flipped to Rutty shortly after. Joe Bozo should realize that Newsome committed to UCONN, not Pasqualoni. Pasqualoni probably would've gotten Newsome seriously hurt when he forced him to run behind GDL's OL. Newsome committed to UCONN. If anything, Diaco needs the bulk of credit for maintaining his commitment since it appeared (according to his high school coach) that some other programs came in late trying to sway him, ala Rice. Diaco had about 3 weeks to keep Newsome firm and I'm sure it was a bit challenging considering the mess that PP/GDL created, coming off a miserable 3 win season that we lost to a friggin' FCS opponent, and other vulture programs circling to try to sway him.

Joe Bozo should read a book.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I was waiting for some no talent arse clown to bag about PP not getting credit for bringing in Newsome. I'd like to point Joe Bozo to Ray Rice. PP had Rice going to the Fruit before he was canned in favor of G-Rob. Rice flipped to Rutty shortly after. Joe Bozo should realize that Newsome committed to UCONN, not Pasqualoni. Pasqualoni probably would've gotten Newsome seriously hurt when he forced him to run behind GDL's OL. Newsome committed to UCONN. If anything, Diaco needs the bulk of credit for maintaining his commitment since it appeared (according to his high school coach) that some other programs came in late trying to sway him, ala Rice. Diaco had about 3 weeks to keep Newsome firm and I'm sure it was a bit challenging considering the mess that PP/GDL created, coming off a miserable 3 win season that we lost to a friggin' FCS opponent, and other vulture programs circling to try to sway him.

Joe Bozo should read a book.

I don't think PP would have gotten Newsome hurt, because he probably would have Cochraned him and left him on the sideline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom