Joe Zone | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Joe Zone

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Just watch the first 5 minutes or so... this was a classic. Eagle and Oranges talking UConn Football.

I made it until I saw P's face on screen as the camera panned left and just burst out laughing. He just looks stoned or something. I couldn't watch anymore after that.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
HFD tweeted to UconnFootball to yank the press passes of Zone and Des with the hashtag #cuseclowns. Des retweeted it, I did a spit take when I saw it on the Courant feed. #sofunny

Reaction Score
HFD tweeted to UconnFootball to yank the press passes of Zone and Des with the hashtag #cuseclowns. Des retweeted it, I did a spit take when I saw it on the Courant feed. #sofunny

So Des didn't block HFD yet?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Something happened to change his ability to be admitted, that you can be sure of. Otherwise you are saying UConn knew weeks or months ago he wouldn't get in and just didn't get around to telling him.

I'm just saying that it stinks for whatever reason and 2nd guessing UConn for this is fair game. And reading someone telling this kid to "pick himself up by his bootstraps" makes me ill. I've found that people that actually think and say crap like that are the first to go ballistic when similar happens to them.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I'm just saying that it stinks for whatever reason and 2nd guessing UConn for this is fair game. And reading someone telling this kid to "pick himself up by his bootstraps" makes me ill. I've found that people that actually think and say crap like that are the first to go ballistic when similar happens to them.
Bless you if your life has/is turned(ing) out exactly as you planned. I have been screwed before. I worked at Arthur Andersen in 2001, when they began to lose all their clients due to the fall out of Fraud related to a certain energy company in Houston, 1,500 miles away. I was 24. S*i* happens, but life goes on.

Andersen was exonerated 5 years later but it did nothing to give me back my job that I did not want to leave in the first place.

Last edited:

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Not Joe Zone this time, but one of his WFSB buddies. I guess the Channel 3 "sports team" has it out for Diaco and is still sore about Marchi...

John Holt ‏@JohnHoltWFSB 1h
Former St Paul QB Logan Marchi has accepted scholarship offer from Temple. Can't wait to see him play Diaco and Huskies. #cthsfb

Reaction Score
Name another state who's media consistently takes a negative stance towards the states flagship university. You can't.
Well there is one but a lot is on them!?! Is it a NE thing starting in SE Pa(Greater Philly)/NJ working its way up to Maine? Where's the state pride in the media. Too many pro interests here maybe!?!

Reaction Score
Not Joe Zone this time, but one of his WFSB buddies. I guess the Channel 3 "sports team" has it out for Diaco and is still sore about Marchi...

Former St Paul QB Logan Marchi has accepted scholarship offer from Temple. Can't wait to see him play Diaco and Huskies. #cthsfb
I just sent him a reaponse tweet...I encourage all Boneyarders who are on twitter to do the same! It's time to stand up to these guys!

Reaction Score

If he wants to play he chose the worst situation....QB P.J. Walker is the next Russell Wilson IMO and we'll see him live and in color this yr!! He'll be a difference maker and RU wanted him for DB only and let Temple benefit!! Temple will be better than advertised till he's gone !!

Dooley

Reaction Score
I just sent him a reaponse tweet...I encourage all Boneyarders who are on twitter to do the same! It's time to stand up to these guys!

Already did! But not as direct as you!! :)

Dooley

Reaction Score
If he wants to play he chose the worst situation....QB P.J. Walker is the next Russell Wilson IMO and we'll see him live and in color this yr!! He'll be a difference maker and RU wanted him for DB only and let Temple benefit!! Temple will be better than advertised till he's gone !!

Agreed. But this has less to do with Marchi and more to do with some members of our CT media who are still sore at Pasqualoni's departure, despite 3 declining years and our firm placing as kings on the irrelevant G5 throne. Some of these nitwits will have it out for Diaco because he's not Pasqualoni.

Connecticut deserves a better class of media. And I'm going to (wish for) give it to them.

Reaction Score
Already did! But not as direct as you!! :)
I have had enough of the WFSB guys and this BS regarding Marchi. Zone took his shot at Diaco...then has him on his show w/ Jacobs and DiMauro acting like he is his best buddy. Now this..screw these idiots.

Reaction Score
Ha. My infamous playground post thread.

Again, we lose out on recruits while Temple, Ville, RU, and the rest of college football move forward.

PJ Walker, Zaire Williams, Tyler Matakevich. We couldn't use those guys on the roster.

Reaction Score
New Jersey.
I wonder if "Newhouse" has something to do with the local negative slants on the major flagship public's? Why except for PSU in the NE we get no state pride news stories yet Cuse or BC f#rts gets a positive spin?

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
I wonder if "Newhouse" has something to do with the local negative slants on the major flagship public's? Why except for PSU in the NE we get no state pride news stories yet Cuse or BC f#rts gets a positive spin?

Aaaand a certain Kitty's antennae just went up...

Reaction Score
I can't wait until I maybe see Kevin Murphy sack Logan Marchi and plant him into the Rentschler turf in 2016 - maybe.

78 days until kickoff vs. BYU - really.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
While Temple has had some good players from CT - the fact he ended up at Temple should tell you something...

UConn's quarterback depth is pretty young as well - it can be as simple as not wanting to be behind guys who aren't upperclassmen.

Reaction Score
This explanation from "Connecticut News" feed ought to clear up the Marchi situation -

Former St. Paul quarterback Logan Marchi will try options

Marchi pronounced he had been told by a aged coaching staff that his focus would go through, though that incited out to not be a case. Marchi pronounced he attempted to call UConn conduct manager Bob Diaco though had to leave a message. When asked about Marchi around email on Sunday, a UConn communications central pronounced that a propagandize can't criticism on a intensity student-athlete until he or she has sealed a minute of intent.

Marchi skeleton to try other options.

“I’m really looking elsewhere, perplexing to get somewhere before a finish of a signing era,” Marchi said.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This explanation from "Connecticut News" ought to clear up the Marchi situation -

Former St. Paul quarterback Logan Marchi will try options after …
February 3, 2014 Bristol

Marchi pronounced he had been told by a aged coaching staff that his focus would go through, though that incited out to not be a case. Marchi pronounced he attempted to call UConn conduct manager Bob Diaco though had to leave a message. When asked about Marchi around email on Sunday, a UConn communications central pronounced that a propagandize can't criticism on a intensity student-athlete until he or she has sealed a minute of intent.

“I’m really looking elsewhere, perplexing to get somewhere before a finish of a signing era,” Marchi said.

Speechless.

Reaction Score
This explanation from "Connecticut News" feed ought to clear up the Marchi situation -

Former St. Paul quarterback Logan Marchi will try options

That reads like a text message form my iPhone where auto-correct incorrectly corrects my typos.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Joe Zone and John Holt are the ch3 equivalent of the Blockheads from Gumby and Pokey fame. Our nemesis'.
Pollyanna status quo apologists.
Are they even CT natives? Where'd these tools attend HS?

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Digging the old Espn guy at channel 30 J.P. Stewart ? Might be killin his name.

Reaction Score
Just another Syracuse loser like Dez. One thing is clear is Diaco is going to get HIS message out either with their help or going around them. The chummy crap with PP and inside access I think has come to halt. Diaco will talk to whoever wants to listen, and he'll leave the rest behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom