• 4yrs $11.5mm

Votes: 13 12.1%
  • 5yrs $15mm

Votes: 48 44.9%
  • 6yrs $19.5mm

Votes: 19 17.8%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
I’m leaning towards Kevin Kelley now. We don’t have to break the bank and based on the salary we’ll give him, he can get get a nice salary pool for some good coaches.
No. Please no

Reaction Score
I’m leaning towards Kevin Kelley now. We don’t have to break the bank and based on the salary we’ll give him, he can get get a nice salary pool for some good coaches.
If we can't get Moorhead, we need to go after Cignetti or Entz. Call Herman as well. Lashlee is off the table. He ain't coming back because his family hates it up here.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
benedict-miracle.jpg

Reaction Score
What I want to see is DB bringing in someone from a big time school. I'd love to see Moorhead back, but I want someone who will be here for 5 or 6 years, young and intelligent. Someone who isn't mentioned as the next UConn coach. Maybe a Saban/Meyers/Bowden type coach.

Reaction Score
This is really crazy talk. Why would any P5 coach; head, assistant or coordinator take the UCONN job? The future of the program is uncertain. We lost to Holy Cross, and last week Holy Cross lost to MERRIMACK, How much lower of a program can UCONN be? Unless there is some secret plan to revitalize this program, just give Lou Spanos the job and save the cost of a new search.
Do you remember Al Golden? Temple had recently been thrown out of the Big East for non-competitiveness, was 3-31 in the 3 years before he arrived and was 30-137 in the 15 years before he arrived. Facilities were dreadful. He had been the DC at Virginia for 5 years and he took the Temple HC job. At the time, he was the second youngest coach in FBS. He went 0-11 his first year, but then went 4-8, 5-7, 9-4, and then 8-4. He used the Temple job to get the head coaching job at Miami.

There will be plenty of people interested in the UConn HC job. UConn just needs to make the right hire.

Reaction Score
If Moorehead is such a great coach then please explain why he failed in his one and only FBS head coaching job where he registered a pitiful losing conference record of just 3 wins in 12 games and registered a lackluster overall record of just 14 wins and 12 losses which caused Mississippi State to can him.

Note that no FBS team offered Moorhead a head coaching position after being canned by Mississippi State.

Come on, UConn should aim higher than someone that wins just 3 out of 12 conference games over a 2 year period.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
It says a lot that we don't think the school would come up with the money for a home run hire. 3 mil over 5/7 years I'd think would do it. Guess we'll settle for some unproven FCS rando instead.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The OC from Oregon doesn't need UConn to be a head coach. Not happening. Maybe after he gets fired from another middling P5 team. But if you want him to call you back, start at 5yrs/20M plus another 4M/yr for staff.

Reaction Score
He said he would take the Kansas job for 90K a win….Talk about a performance based contract! lol

Reaction Score
Everyone has a price. What is his price to come to UConn?
I agree everyone has a price but your choices are too low. Fickell is making 3.4M. Would you rather coach at Cinci or UConn right now?
3.25M should have been you lowest choice, not the highest

Reaction Score
To those who say Moorhead is impossible to get - I say nonsense. Nothing is impossible. It just takes money
He is a great recruiter, and he definitely knows the Northeast and mid Atlantic regions. He’s the one that got Nebrich to come to UConn.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
If Moorhead was OC at Temple instead of UConn, would there be the same clamoring for him? I doubt it. AD David Benedict is doing this correctly, he is open to anyone and anything. Let's not just narrow it down to former UConn staffers, etc.

Reaction Score
If we can't get Moorhead, we need to go after Cignetti or Entz. Call Herman as well. Lashlee is off the table. He ain't coming back because his family hates it up here.
Herman would be one of Benedict’s best choices IMHO, but he will be expensive. Why is Lashlee off the table? Who says he is off the table?

Reaction Score
Herman would be one of Benedict’s best choices IMHO, but he will be expensive. Why is Lashlee off the table? Who says he is off the table?
Herman isn't going to be the guy. He's an a hole and doesn't fit the profile Benedict just laid out.

Reaction Score
Lashlee’s family was said to be unhappy in CT. Too far from family, too cold and too many cultural differences. Very possible that was the case, but he and Randy clearly did not gel, so who knows.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
This is really crazy talk. Why would any P5 coach; head, assistant or coordinator take the UCONN job? The future of the program is uncertain. We lost to Holy Cross, and last week Holy Cross lost to MERRIMACK, How much lower of a program can UCONN be? Unless there is some secret plan to revitalize this program, just give Lou Spanos the job and save the cost of a new search.
Thank you for your interest in Connecticut football.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Lashlee’s family was said to be unhappy in CT. Too far from family, too cold and too many cultural differences. Very possible that was the case, but he and Randy clearly did not gel, so who knows.
He’d take 2 or 3 million a year, and his family can rough it living up in the wilds of Connecticut. Lol

Reaction Score
4yrs - 12m
Lol. The next head coach will get $1.5 —- max. Assistant pool will probably be around $2M.
If they could go $3m for a coach, and say $3-4m for coaches. That would be a pretty good haul.

think about this. The men’s and women’s top basketball assistant coaches all make more than any other coach besides head coach on the UConn FB staff.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Lol. The next head coach will get $1.5 —- max. Assistant pool will probably be around $2M.
If they could go $3m for a coach, and say $3-4m for coaches. That would be a pretty good haul.

think about this. The men’s and women’s top basketball assistant coaches all make more than any other coach besides head coach on the UConn FB staff.
If you know this to be true, then we are DOOMED. I'm inclined to think you are being realistic, but I really hope you are wrong. At the very least, this might dampen down the dreamers.

Reaction Score
Herman isn't going to be the guy. He's an a hole and doesn't fit the profile Benedict just laid out.
The thing with Herman is he is a quick mover, 2 or 3 years and he moves on, but he has had success quickly getting a faltering program to some winning ways. In that sense you are right.

Reaction Score

$1.5m ? No way and if true, then coaches like Moorhead are definitely out of the question. Isn’t chadwell down in Coastal Carolina about to get $3m ?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom