Joe Moorhead rumors (and others) | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Joe Moorhead rumors (and others)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Joe Moorhead may prefer an East coast P5 school like an NC State tha5 may come open next year but is that more attractive than Minnesota?
The weather sure is.

Reaction Score
Maybe he knows the job is going to PJ Fleck anyway, kind of a done deal, so rejecting it rather than being shunned, is better for his mojo/image. Moorhead's stock is high right now and with another year like this season, he should have some pretty good choices. Jerry Kill said he would never step foot on the MN campus after what they did to Tracy Claeys. So for sure toxicity exists in Gopher land.

And so, if this is what reality is for Minnesota, bet it wasn't all peaches and cream for DB either.
HMMMM... Tracy Claeys. Potential defensive coordinator. Went 9 and 4 as HC for Minnesota .
Potential recruits.
Potential BIG10 transfers.
DB and Beth Goetz from MN.
LOL...
Best not to think in logical terms that there could have been interview or
Discussion .
Delay and extension of job posting.

Reaction Score
Tell us how you really feel.
I have no tolerance for guys who think they are too good for UConn. It's a great place to raise a family, it's a great school and it's has fantastic facilities with people that care. Moorhead thinks he's ready to jump for the big leagues but few are capable of handling the immense pressure and demands for immediate success. I'll take Edsall and back him 100% because he's our guy.

Reaction Score
I have no tolerance for guys who think they are too good for UConn. It's a great place to raise a family, it's a great school and it's has fantastic facilities with people that care. Moorhead thinks he's ready to jump for the big leagues but few are capable of handling the immense pressure and demands for immediate success .

Well, maybe he does realize that he's not ready just right now and content to stay where he is - I mean he's already run his own program and had success, why chance regression as a head coach. Remember, he's not a CT native.

Reaction Score
Fleck to Minnesota? I guess. They were willing to wait until after the bowl but I think this is likely one of those situations where a guy takes a job where it is almost impossible to do much more than be pretty average.

Reaction Score
I have no tolerance for guys who think they are too good for UConn. It's a great place to raise a family, it's a great school and it's has fantastic facilities with people that care. Moorhead thinks he's ready to jump for the big leagues but few are capable of handling the immense pressure and demands for immediate success. I'll take Edsall and back him 100% because he's our guy.

Joe Moorhead, a coach in demand, on why he's staying at Penn State

"There were people who were interested in speaking to me about their head coaching positions, and I was willing to listen," he said. "Ultimately, I made the decision that personally and professionally, that my family and I wanted to be at Penn State. So [it was] a little bit hectic at times, but it comes with the territory."

Moorhead, a native of Pittsburgh, said he turned down a job as an FBS head coach when he was at Fordham and noted that coming to Penn State presented a "pretty special opportunity for me to leave there."

"But I was told by a coach a long time ago that when there's an opportunity offered to you, to utilize a couple of different criteria, personal and professional," he said. "I'm two hours from my folks. My wife's a couple of hours from her family. My kids love it in State College. We're a program on the rise and James is great to work for. We have great kids. It just made the most personal and professional sense to stay here because great things are on the horizon."

That sounds like someone who is happy where he is, not someone who thinks they are too good for UConn. Unless you read somewhere where he said "I'm too good for UConn", you're projecting why you think he wasn't interested. The guy was at UConn for 3 seasons, and was demoted from OC/QB coach to just QB coach prior to leaving. I can understand why he wouldn't be jumping at chance to leave an OC position at Penn State having just played in the Rose Bowl after winning the B1G championship, to come try and rebuild this mess we have here.

Reaction Score
It will be interested to see what success he has at Minnesota in light of the fact that many here would have loved to have him as our head coach.

Reaction Score
Awful take

Reaction Score
Well, maybe he does realize that he's not ready just right now and content to stay where he is - I mean he's already run his own program and had success, why chance regression as a head coach. Remember, he's not a CT native.
I suppose that's true. I just don't feel the need to fawn all over the guy.

Reaction Score
Joe Moorhead, a coach in demand, on why he's staying at Penn State

"There were people who were interested in speaking to me about their head coaching positions, and I was willing to listen," he said. "Ultimately, I made the decision that personally and professionally, that my family and I wanted to be at Penn State. So [it was] a little bit hectic at times, but it comes with the territory."

Moorhead, a native of Pittsburgh, said he turned down a job as an FBS head coach when he was at Fordham and noted that coming to Penn State presented a "pretty special opportunity for me to leave there."

"But I was told by a coach a long time ago that when there's an opportunity offered to you, to utilize a couple of different criteria, personal and professional," he said. "I'm two hours from my folks. My wife's a couple of hours from her family. My kids love it in State College. We're a program on the rise and James is great to work for. We have great kids. It just made the most personal and professional sense to stay here because great things are on the horizon."

That sounds like someone who is happy where he is, not someone who thinks they are too good for UConn. Unless you read somewhere where he said "I'm too good for UConn", you're projecting why you think he wasn't interested. The guy was at UConn for 3 seasons, and was demoted from OC/QB coach to just QB coach prior to leaving. I can understand why he wouldn't be jumping at chance to leave an OC position at Penn State having just played in the Rose Bowl after winning the B1G championship, to come try and rebuild this mess we have here.
Time will tell. We are only a mess to the extent we created our own mess with bad hires. UConn has a lot going for it. It just needs a couple of breaks. Unless there is tainted water in Storrs, there's no reason we cant be a very, very competitive program. I also appeal to base tribalism, if he rejected us then I don't like him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom