Joe Lunardi now has us as one of the last four in | The Boneyard

Joe Lunardi now has us as one of the last four in

Reaction Score
He has us as a play in game with Indiana. There are some storylines to that one...

Reaction Score
Considering, no complaints from me.

That would be a slugfest but if UConn beat Indiana in that kind of matchup, no #3 wants to see UConn, I can say that. After the top 3 or 4 or so teams in the country, there really aren't any teams that blow me away and outside of those top few there is no teams UConn can't beat if they play a solid 40 minutes and catch a 3 seed on a somewhat down night.

I would not be shocked to see Duke or MSU in the elite 8 challenging for a FF spot, even.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So many teams look like they can win any night and lose any night....except for Gonzaga and Baylor.

Nova getting beat by VT...UNC beating the Ville by 45 and looking unmotivated against Marquette....etc.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I read that UConn was a mortal lock for the tournament and should not try to schedule any more games.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
You think If UConn doesn’t schedule more games they’ll miss the tournament. Got it.

Does it bother you that no one outside of the UConn bubble agrees that UConn has a bid in the bag? Does UConn get something extra for not firming its bid up?

Reaction Score
There are teams with 8 losses locked in the Tourney. I know our schedule was abbreviated but it seems disrespectful to talk about us on the bubble with 6 losses, and the majority without Bouk (although I know that may not matter).

But still why is that teams with more losses are locked in and we're damn near outside looking in?

Reaction Score

Not sure who the author is here, but he indicates we are a lock with 2 more regular season wins.

Reaction Score
I think we have to win out and get a couple games in the big east to be comfortable
IF we win out and get to the BET Finals we're going to end up with a 6 seed. Our resume at that point would have 3 losses with Bouknight (the committee will factor this in) against Nova, Creighton, and whoever we lose to in the BET. That honestly might even be enough for a 5 seed

Reaction Score
There are teams with 8 losses locked in the Tourney. I know our schedule was abbreviated but it seems disrespectful to talk about us on the bubble with 6 losses, and the majority without Bouk (although I know that may not matter).

But still why is that teams with more losses are locked in and we're damn near outside looking in?
BE is obviously a huge inprovement over AAC but it is not P5 (and most of these pundits seem to think this has been a down year for the conference - - I think 8th in conference RPI currently) and the whole system favors the P5 schools unsurprisingly.

Look at Maryland’s resume. They are currently 8th in the conference at 14-10 (8-9) yet I think Lunardi has them as an 8 seed. Their quality wins are all in the B10 and they are 4-5 on the road. But, when you start the season with 6 or 7 teams from your conference ranked and you beat them that is automatically a quality win and when they beat each other none of them really fall in the NET rankings. I am not saying that a sweep of Iowa isn’t impressive or that Maryland isn’t one of the best 30+ at large teams out there but they have an advantage with the preseason rankings.

it really comes down to how many bids you think our conference gets? I worry that we lost the 5th bid to an 8th bid to a P5 conference. At 4 NBE teams, we are right there but we could miss out.

Reaction Score

Because they have a lot more wins and wins against NCAAT teams.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom