Joe Girard | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Joe Girard

Status
Not open for further replies.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
They do compete the problem is, in case you didn't figure it out there are a lot of bag fans. Oh my bad, you certainly understand that!
Look around bud, you in a shrinking but shrieking minority that defends KO amd the yes-men squad he has assembled. You put more effort into defending him than he puts into coaching or recruiting.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Look around bud, you in a shrinking but shrieking minority that defends KO amd the yes-men squad he has assembled. You put more effort into defending him than he puts into coaching or recruiting.

Didn’t you say that issuing a boilerplate statement welcoming Wichita to the conference was legitimate cause for firing a few months ago?

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
The Mau/Stair alliance never fails to hold up, lol. Do you guys have alerts to defend eachother?

I’m not the one arguing that a minuscule quote about someone joining the conference is a legitimate reason to fire a coach. Get your act together.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
I’m not the one arguing that a minuscule quote about someone joining the conference is a legitimate reason to fire a coach. Get your act together.
Your handle is based on an empty motto coined by a coach who has recruited a middling mid-major roster, and has us on the verge of sanctions doing so. I know I wasn't happy about his press release regarding Wichita State; I don't know if I did, but if I called for KO to be fired then it seems I have been only been vindicated in my assessment. Thanks for the reminder.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Your handle is based on an empty motto coined by a coach who has recruited a middling mid-major roster, and has us on the verge of sanctions doing so. I know I wasn't happy about his press release regarding Wichita State; I don't know if I did, but if I called for KO to be fired then it seems I have been only been vindicated in my assessment. Thanks for the reminder.

If you have any inside info on pending sanctions, please share it.

Funny that we keep getting beat by teams who recruit far worse than we do - Cincy, Wichita, et. al.

Your premise is correct but you’ve made a point to take the dumbest possible path to get there — just like all those cries of “KO needs to get angry with these players and stop acting like their buddy!” Just..no...

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
This is the issue. I dont want to speak for them..but I don't think @Stairmaster or @mauconnfan or myself are so much defending Ollie as we are of the belief that he deserves more time. I think we have all agreed mistakes have been made. It's also tough when some of the fire KO group just spew lies or false information. I'm sure it goes both ways. I just want the constant bickering to stop. Please. Please?

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
This is the issue. I dont want to speak for them..but I don't think @Stairmaster or @mauconnfan or myself are so much defending Ollie as we are of the belief that he deserves more time. I think we have all agreed mistakes have been made. It's also tough when some of the fire KO group just spew lies or false information. I'm sure it goes both ways. I just want the constant bickering to stop. Please. Please?

You’re not reading me well. He doesn’t deserve more time. I’m as disatisfied with KO as I am with the people whose overly emotional reaction to him sends them off the deep end.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
My bad, Capt.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
You’re not reading me well. He doesn’t deserve more time. I’m as disatisfied with KO as I am with the people whose overly emotional reaction to him sends them off the deep end.
My bad

Reaction Score

Look around you champ, oh crap there's probably no one there my bad.

Reaction Score
^^^ Can't blame him if he went to the Nova game.

Seems like an ideal Beilein kid, bet he ends up at Michigan.

Reaction Score
Why would we want a shooter? We have plenty already.......

Reaction Score
If you have any inside info on pending sanctions, please share it..

Dan Hurley would love to move to a job where he’s ineligible for postseason play his first season. Totally.

So on Friday you state that a potential new coach will be ineligible for postseason play in their first season, then on Saturday act like sanctions are some far fetched idea...

Keep moving those goalposts.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
So on Friday you state that a potential new coach will be ineligible for postseason play in their first season, then on Saturday act like sanctions are some far fetched idea...

Keep moving those goalposts.

Okay buddy

Reaction Score
Folks were on him last year and we should have been as well - he's practically in UCONN's backyard.

Does anyone know if UConn offered Huerter? Seemed like a natural for us but never heard anything about him. Maybe I just didn't pay enough attention at the time.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know if UConn offered Huerter? Seemed like a natural for us but never heard anything about him. Maybe I just didn't pay enough attention at the time.

I have no idea, but never heard us talked about in his recruitment. There's some quality kids out of the Capital Region and Central NY that I never hear us involved with - some guys have left CNY to prep and raise their profile, but I never hear us involved with them - here's 5 I can think of off the rip.

Joe Girard
Nika Adams Woods
Symir Torrance - I think he was coached by Dove at SAS before both left.
Hamir Wright
Tyler Betram

We may be involved, but if so it's pretty quiet.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
UConn recruited Hamir Wright, just not particularly effectively.

He’s having a pretty quiet freshman year at UW.

Reaction Score
I can't see many quality recruits coming into this obvious instability. You really would have to have your head examined. Plus, I think his body of work shows he's not turning out superstars. Adams in the right system with some second and third scoring options would be killing it. Instead he's been run into the ground and been enabled by KO to play hero ball. Kind of sad.

Reaction Score
UConn recruited Hamir Wright, just not particularly effectively.

He’s having a pretty quiet freshman year at UW.

Yup he is, but that's a better team than the one in Storrs, unfortunately. I think he'd get more run here, but you never know. Hopkins did a good job with him.

I actually should have pulled him and put him in a separate category with KH.

Hell at this point I suppose we should be looking at the Isiah Moll's of the world - UVM commit 6'7" 230 from the Albany area - I kid, kinda of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom