Joe Girard | The Boneyard

Joe Girard

Status
Not open for further replies.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Omg exactly what we need. Not sure if he can play a lick of D but who cares?! Sign him up now.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Yes, please! We need outside shooting so badly, it hurts...

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
A shooter is a huge need but not sure he wants basketball or football at the next level.

Reaction Score
He's not coming to UCONN. No recruits are going to commit to UCONN when our fans are holding signs to FIRE OLLIE. Our fans are helping to make this worse. If this continues Ollie is a dead man walking and so is the program.

Ollie has been. A dead man walking for the last month. But the program has one last gasp left. If only because the AAC is killing it in basketball.

If another coach can't right the ship in a few years, then we're done. Maybe for good.

Reaction Score
A shooter is a huge need but not sure he wants basketball or football at the next level.

He's higher ranked in bball, no? And getting better basketball offers? I have't followed him much since he's not a CT kid

Reaction Score
No, Ollie is a dead man walking because he’s the one killing the program.
Our fans are also killing the program. They are people getting paid a lot of money to make those decisions. Ollie may or may not be fired at the end of the season but in the mean time holding signs to FIRE OLLIE in a national televised game is only doing the program more harm. Possible future coaches and recruits will want no part of this dump fire. I understand fans may not be happy and want Ollie gone but they should also think of the consequences there actions may cause the program.

Reaction Score
Our fans are also killing the program. They are people getting paid a lot of money to make those decisions. Ollie may or may not be fired at the end of the season but in the mean time holding signs to FIRE OLLIE in a national televised game is only doing the program more harm. Possible future coaches and recruits will want no part of this dump fire.
OMG. If you think that's what is going to sway a recruit, you are nuts. The product in the floor and the guy sitting on the bench are the problem, not the fans. Please. If anything, the signs and the booing show that the fans care.

Reaction Score
Our fans are also killing the program. They are people getting paid a lot of money to make those decisions. Ollie may or may not be fired at the end of the season but in the mean time holding signs to FIRE OLLIE in a national televised game is only doing the program more harm. Possible future coaches and recruits will want no part of this dump fire. I understand fans may not be happy and want Ollie gone but they should also think of the consequences there actions may cause the program.
Exactly what I was saying, especially when we’re hosting a visitor to help us in the future and to see a fire Ollie sign is just flat out wrong .. I get it he’s not doing good but cmon fans

Reaction Score
The good news is the kid knows he can find minutes on this team. The bad news is does he really want to come to what could be a s**tshow while he is here?

Reaction Score
These kids are smart enough to know the boos aren't directed at them. Diaco was fired because the football program couldn't afford to become any less relevant, and one more year was only going to make things worse. There were plenty of people calling for Diaco's head, and plenty saying it was bad for the program.
Certainly seems like the basketball program is in about the same place. It sucks because KO is Connecticut basketball and bleeds blue, but that doesn't make up for the apparent lack of direction in the program. A well-coached team that plays like a team and has any semblance of a team on the court might actually win games. That might catch the interest of some recruits, but "Fire Ollie" signs aren't keeping ESPN's Top 100 from coming here right now.
And I was at the game yesterday. The boos weren't crazy. There weren't lots of signs (TV can hype with one or two) and the packed house mainly stayed right to the end. The fans still support the team and players. Don't fault some for wanting the right person running the ship.

There was a moment in the 2nd half when Ollie called timeout after 2 atrocious back to back plays that led to fast break layups. Boos came from every corner of the xl center. There was a guy sitting in like sec 110 who must have screamed fire Ollie 3-4 times throughout the game.

Anyone who went to the game knew it was going to be blowout before the game even started so why the boos when what was expected to happen happened

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
There was a moment in the 2nd half when Ollie called timeout after 2 atrocious back to back plays that led to fast break layups. Boos came from every corner of the xl center. There was a guy sitting in like sec 110 who must have screamed fire Ollie 3-4 times throughout the game.

Anyone who went to the game knew it was going to be blowout before the game even started so why the boos when what was expected to happen happened
Because expecting a loss is one thing. Watching yet another disorganized game of street ball without plays being run is another.

Reaction Score
From Jimmer's high school. I'd most definitely take a Jimmer-type, since we're probably not getting a Kemba-type with the way things are right now.

Reaction Score
I see him play regularly, his range is crazy.

He will become New York States All time leading scorer before the end of his Junior year. He’s a two sport kid and is being recruited in both sports (football and basketball).

From watching him and talking to a lot of coaches that have played against him is that he doesn’t deal with adversity all that great and I’ve seen some evidence of that on film.

He’s a real good talent. Probably won’t end up being as good in college and beyond as Heurter will be who’s at Maryland. Both are from the same general area.

Reaction Score
I am hearing that Boston college is the leader for Mr. Girard's services.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
The old man is a Northwestern grad. I'd guess they would be in the running.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score

Maybe some people still expect the players and coaches to compete and win?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom