Joe D and gresh cancelled | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Joe D and gresh cancelled

Reaction Score
WTIC AM NewsTalk 1080 Announces Afternoons With Todd Feinburg

>>“Afternoons with Todd Feinburg” will focus on local issue, topics of the day, politics and more. Todd will talk about everything relevant and relatable to the local community, its residents and businesses. The station will continue to feature news at the top and bottom of every hour and traffic and weather together on the 8’s<<

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Reaction Score

>>“Afternoons with Todd Feinburg” will focus on local issue, topics of the day, politics and more. Todd will talk about everything relevant and relatable to the local community, its residents and businesses. The station will continue to feature news at the top and bottom of every hour and traffic and weather together on the 8’s<<

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Hope the "more" is sports mixed in with the local issues, topics of the day, and politics. I always thought a host who could converse intelligently about politics and sports in the same show would be a nice deviation from everything else out there. Time will tell.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I listened to a segment when this thread came out. The host mentioned that both Joe D and Gresh liked the 3:00 hour better than the rest of the show because T&Wat8s made it hard to carry on a conversation, take calls, or carry on a point because it was so choppy from 4:00-6:00. The host basically said that smarter people than both him and the listeners were in charge and made the decision to keep T&W because that's the way it's always been and it's their signature. He then went on to basically admonish listeners of the afternoon drive on how they dare strive for a better product.

I gave Joe D and Gresh a chance when they first came on, but as I've written about many times, the T&W breaks were insufferable (That and Gresh made it clear he hated everything about his audience.). As apt as the saying is, weather in New England does not literally change every 10 minutes and even if it does, listeners are not walking. They are in their car, and as timely as they think they update traffic, it is from a half hour ago.

If the powers that be made this decision, maybe the people who make up the powers that be should no longer be the powers that be.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Everyone has a constantly updating traffic and weather machine on them at all times. Anyone who doesn't isn't in their cars during "drive time." What people want, those that aren't listening to playlists and podcasts, is original content. A wide ranging local show that covers local news, politics, sports and pop culture is about as close as you can get to a sustainable show in this market provided you can find a good host for the pennies they pay these guys. Would help if it was somewhat funny instead of the default radio shtick or whatever Scott Grey does.

Reaction Score

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Courant: WTIC-AM Fills Afternoon Drive Time Talk Radio Slot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom