Jim Nantz is a P*tz | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Jim Nantz is a P*tz

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Baylor legit could not play non-conference games when Drew got there because of NCAA sanctions from Bliss but guys like @willie99 think Juwan Howard has done a better building job for taking over a Sweet 16 team and getting them to the Elite 8.

I feel like I am taking crazy pill with some of these posts

You should walk a mile in my shoes. I make a totally defensible statement about Scott Drew NOT doing the greatest build / rebuild in college basketball history, not even close, as I name scores of other candidates.....

And some people says it's all about Jim Calhoun, and / or they attack what they perceive to be the weakest candidate on an extensive list

Imagine that, simply crazy I tell you, crazy

OK, Baylor was on probation 18 years ago, that just doesn't change a thing. I'll concede this, Scott Drew stepped into a difficult situation, I'll give him credit for that. And his Baylor team is very good

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
A commercial in heavy rotation has Samuel L. Jackson saying "Nantz for the win". I imagine that and a new contract has ol' Jim is feeling pretty good these days.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
He built The University of Connecticut aka UConn. Thanks

I've made the same argument in the past. He didn't just build the basketball program, he enabled all the programs under him to benefit from all the revenues he brought in. Furthermore, his basketball success made UConn the shining light for the entire state, paving the path for politicians to spend billions of dollars yo upgrade the university. He even built the Rent, although I'm not sure that was such a good thing anymore.

Jim Calhoun made the University of Connecticut the institution it is today. I love Geno, even he rode the coattails in terms of financial benefits

Reaction Score
You should walk a mile in my shoes. I make a totally defensible statement about Scott Drew NOT doing the greatest build / rebuild in college basketball history, not even close, as I name scores of other candidates.....

And some people says it's all about Jim Calhoun, and / or they attack what they perceive to be the weakest candidate on an extensive list

Imagine that, simply crazy I tell you, crazy

OK, Baylor was on probation 18 years ago, that just doesn't change a thing. I'll concede this, Scott Drew stepped into a difficult situation, I'll give him credit for that. And his Baylor team is very good
You just vomited up a list of coaches with no ryhme or reason. I mean who will ever forget Bill Self and his tremendous of taking that floundering Kansas program coming off a loss in the national championship and rising them from the ashes.

Reaction Score
Either way, respect to the Baylor coach. Not many coaches could have done what he did.

Some of you guys I would worry about, if a women ever rejected you or told you your breath stinks.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
With a house at Pebble Beach, why would he live in Westport?

I think they mentioned during the 2020 US Open at Winged Foot that Nantz is a member there.

Reaction Score
Actually, not outside Connecticut. Nantz lives in Westport.
Two second google search tells you he moved form Westport to New Cannan to Pebble Beach. He has not lived in CT for at least four years.

Reaction Score
I think they mentioned during the 2020 US Open at Winged Foot that Nantz is a member there.
That’s Dan Hicks, NBC had the Open. Hicks used to be at my Club back when it was worth checking out Hannah Storm at the pool.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
That’s Dan Hicks, NBC had the Open. Hicks used to be at my Club back when it was worth checking out Hannah Storm at the pool.

I was referencing Nantz being a member at Winged Foot, not Nantz working as a commentator for the US Open.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
If Jim Nantz had any balls he’d be boycotting the masters. So yeah he’s a putz.

Reaction Score
Are we really crapping on Westport? Is it that bad? lol. It's only near the top of every "best places to live" list. It's a beautiful town with a nice beach, amazing schools, and an artsy feel that gives it less of a snobby vibe than most of FFC. And the obligatory "it's close to NYC" thing.

I say this as someone who's been to Pebble Beach/Carmel-By-The-Sea/Monterey. It is beautiful out there, don't get me wrong, but I don't consider it significantly better than Westport. So many people famous people have chosen to live in Westport over the years with good reason.

Reaction Score
If Jim Nantz had any balls he’d be boycotting the masters. So yeah he’s a putz.
1617743647025.png

Reaction Score
Are we really crapping on Westport? Is it that bad? lol. It's only near the top of every "best places to live" list. It's a beautiful town with a nice beach, amazing schools, and an artsy feel that gives it less of a snobby vibe than most of FFC. And the obligatory "it's close to NYC" thing.

I say this as someone who's been to Pebble Beach/Carmel-By-The-Sea/Monterey. It is beautiful out there, don't get me wrong, but I don't consider it significantly better than Westport. So many people famous people have chosen to live in Westport over the years with good reason.
I do not think there was one post in here of anyone bashing Westport.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom