Jim Nantz is a P*tz | The Boneyard

Jim Nantz is a P*tz

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
On CBS Saturday morning, he declared that Scott Drew's coaching at Baylor is "the greatest rebuilding job In NCAA basketball history." I hope next time the GOAT Jimmy C runs into him at Ed Mitchell's in Westport (where they both buy their suits), he kicks him in the nuts....for the Boneyard

Reaction Score
On CBS Saturday morning, he declared that Scott Drew's coaching at Baylor is "the greatest rebuilding job In NCAA basketball history." I hope next time the GOAT Jimmy C runs into him at Ed Mitchell's in Westport (where they both buy their suits), he kicks him in the nuts....for the Boneyard
I appreciate the headline

Reaction Score
Might be semantics but maybe the argument is JC is the greatest building job in the history of college hoops? UConn was not a National player ever before JC. They had regional success and he took it to the next level and then some! Not sure what Baylor has in the past though. Would need to look it up

Reaction Score
To be fair, Calhoun “built” UConn BBall, he didn’t “re-build” UConn BBall.
That's my thought also. Baylor was coming off a huge scandal. The program had to be torn down and rebuilt.

UConn's program was built by Calhoun into a national power, which they weren't before that.

Reaction Score
Just another journalist/broadcaster filling the world with hyperbole. And.... because Baylor hasn't ever been dominant (a two/three year spurt in the late 40's isn't enough track record, sorry), how could it be rebuilding?

Reaction Score
Just another journalist/broadcaster filling the world with hyperbole. And.... because Baylor hasn't ever been dominant (a two/three year spurt in the late 40's isn't enough track record, sorry), how could it be rebuilding?
The world is on 11.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
In order to be. “rebuild” it implies that the program was once something. Aside from 2 WWII era “final fours” Baylor basketball was nothing.

Scott Drew “built” this program. And he is no where near the program builder Calhoun was.

Calhoun had already won 2 championships in his tenure by the time Scott Drew reached his first final four in his.

love Jim Nantz, but this was a stupid comment.

Reaction Score
The one thing I'll give Nantz credit for is that he was one of the few or only outside CT that didn't think Duke would roll UConn in the championship game. Everybody and their grandma was picking Duke to win and win comfortably. Something in his gut or the eye test told him otherwise.

Reaction Score
God, how do people get through life with this level of hypersensitivity? It’s not like Nantz said Drew was a better coach than Calhoun. And even if he did, if someone thinks Nantz is a putz why in the world is it necessary to give his opinion airtime or be upset by it?

Reaction Score
There's so many questions about Drew's recruiting tactics but Baylor's program was absolutely in shambles to put it lightly.

Their program had a scandal where not only money was exchanged but involved a murder of a player in their program by their own teammate.

I'm not sure if it's the greatest rebuild but it's up there.

Reaction Score
I would look at this sort of thread on another team’s message board and think “this fandom is insufferable”.

God, how do people get through life with this level of hypersensitivity? It’s not like Nantz said Drew was a better coach than Calhoun. And even if he did, if someone thinks Nantz is a putz why in the world is it necessary to give his opinion airtime or be upset by it?
This fanbase's whining about literally anything it can even remote conceive of as an insult is embarrassing.

Remember people got their panties all in a wad because Jay Bilas was horrible and UConn was super tough and would never lose to Maryland and how dare anyone ever doubt UConn ever? Whoops.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
The one thing I'll give Nantz credit for is that he was one of the few or only outside CT that didn't think Duke would roll UConn in the championship game. Everybody and their grandma was picking Duke to win and win comfortably. Something in his gut or the eye test told him otherwise.
Actually, not outside Connecticut. Nantz lives in Westport.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom