Jim Nantz is a P*tz | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jim Nantz is a P*tz

Reaction Score
Please understand what happened at Baylor before you dismiss that stance. Everything that is said that doesn’t kiss UCONN’s ass isn’t a shot at our program.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Just plain dumb, he should know better

Drew had been there for 18 years, get that poppycock outta here

18 years, 1 Final Four, how incredible is that?

Awesome baby

Reaction Score
Just plain dumb, he should know better

Drew had been there for 18 years, get that poppycock outta here

18 years, 1 Final Four, how incredible is that?

Awesome baby
LOL. He took over a team that had been the the NCAAs once since 1950 and was coming off a MURDER SCANDAL. Like, their head coach helped cover up a murder.

This is his first Final Four, sure, but he's turned them around enough that in the last 6 years they've been the the NCAAs more than they had been in their history before he showed up. 5 Sweet 16s, 3 Elite 8. Now a title game appearance (formality).

I'd say that's not dumb, it's pretty darn impressive. They had 2 Final Fours in 1948 and 1950, but hadn't won a conference championship since then (they had one tourney title in 1988). In a real sense they were nowhere near where we were when Calhoun showed up.

Reaction Score
On CBS Saturday morning, he declared that Scott Drew's coaching at Baylor is "the greatest rebuilding job In NCAA basketball history." I hope next time the GOAT Jimmy C runs into him at Ed Mitchell's in Westport (where they both buy their suits), he kicks him in the nuts....for the Boneyard
Jim Nantz has not been in Mitchells since he moved to CA several years ago.

Reaction Score
This fanbase's whining about literally anything it can even remote conceive of as an insult is embarrassing.

Remember people got their panties all in a wad because Jay Bilas was horrible and UConn was super tough and would never lose to Maryland and how dare anyone ever doubt UConn ever? Whoops.
It is incredible how little so many posters on this board know about college basketball outside of UConn. This cringe worthy thread is a perfect example of some posters ignorance.

Reaction Score
On CBS Saturday morning, he declared that Scott Drew's coaching at Baylor is "the greatest rebuilding job In NCAA basketball history." I hope next time the GOAT Jimmy C runs into him at Ed Mitchell's in Westport (where they both buy their suits), he kicks him in the nuts....for the Boneyard
"Re-build". Chill bro. Youre generation is so triggered.

Reaction Score
At first I thought this had to do with Jim Nance to get a raise and make more then Romo.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
well, he is the voice in the barkley lounger, so there's that.
i gotta get me one of those barkley loungers. our men's and women's teams have a great future, so im gonna do my part, and snag me one of those. im not buying that 'head rubbing' attachment tho. that looks lame. on second thought, mebbe they have a rafferty upgrade for the nance voice thing. i'll spring for that.

willie99

Reaction Score
LOL. He took over a team that had been the the NCAAs once since 1950 and was coming off a MURDER SCANDAL. Like, their head coach helped cover up a murder.

This is his first Final Four, sure, but he's turned them around enough that in the last 6 years they've been the the NCAAs more than they had been in their history before he showed up. 5 Sweet 16s, 3 Elite 8. Now a title game appearance (formality).

I'd say that's not dumb, it's pretty darn impressive. They had 2 Final Fours in 1948 and 1950, but hadn't won a conference championship since then (they had one tourney title in 1988). In a real sense they were nowhere near where we were when Calhoun showed up.

What's dumb is calling it the best turnaround in history

Every program build has a story to tell

I'm not calling him a bad coach, he stepped into a bad spot, it's just not the best build in history. Not even close

Better builders

Calhoun
K
Wooden
Smith
Pitino
Donovan
Izzo
Self
Meyers
Lemon
Higgins
Few
Knight
Wright
Boeheim
Samson
Ryan
Stevens
Howard
Sutton
Squid

and I like Drew

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Actually, not outside Connecticut. Nantz lives in Westport.
Sorry. I didn't realize that, but he still was someone who covered the NCAA in general nationally at the time.

Reaction Score

I'm not calling him a bad coach, he stepped into a bad spot, it's just not the best build in history. Not even close IMO
When Jim Calhoun took over UConn, they had 13 NCAA appearances and 24 conference championships.
When Scott Drew took over Baylor, they had 4 NCAA appearances. and 5 conference championships..and he took over almost 20 years later.

UConn was a pretty good regional program before Calhoun. Otherwise they wouldn't have been invited to the Big East.

Whatever you think about the position Nantz took, it's hardly dumb. It's an entirely reasonable take that probably any reasonable non-UConn fan would agree with.

willie99

Reaction Score

I'm not calling him a bad coach, he stepped into a bad spot, it's just not the best build in history. Not even close

Better builders

Calhoun
K
Wooden
Smith
Pitino
Donovan
Izzo
Self
Meyers
Lemon
Higgins
Few
Knight
Wright
Boeheim
Samson
Ryan
Stevens
Howard
Sutton
Squid

and I like Drew

How can I forget Geno :)

Reaction Score

Better builders

Calhoun
K
Wooden
Smith
Pitino
Donovan
Izzo
Self
Meyers
Lemon
Higgins
Few
Knight
Wright
Boeheim
Samson
Ryan
Stevens
Howard
Sutton
Squid

and I like Drew
Your spelling is as bad as your list

Reaction Score
How hard would it be to recruit to a team where someone on the team just murdered someone else on the team?

"Yeah we've got a lot of playing time at power forward, because our one power forward murdered the other one, so we lost both. Oh and they had gotten guns because they were concerned about their safety from someone different in the area out to get the guy who got murdered. Ya gotta commit quick, lot of interest out there."

Last edited:

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Calhoun did a fantastic and historic job
Drew is in the process of doing a fantastic job

Nantz misspoke and it wasnt the 1st nor the last

Some folks have to be a little less sensitive about UConn basketball, it's players and the coaches

Reaction Score
Baylor legit could not play non-conference games when Drew got there because of NCAA sanctions from Bliss but guys like @willie99 think Juwan Howard has done a better building job for taking over a Sweet 16 team and getting them to the Elite 8.

I feel like I am taking crazy pill with some of these posts

Reaction Score
I am not, obviously, a regular poster, although I am a regular reader, I appreciate that it lightens my load when I am having a rough day, neurologically (MS), so thanks, all, for the continued chuckles that this site brings to me. Please allow me to, hopefully, add some of my own......sometimes I expect there to be a thread on here arguing who gets wetter water during rainstorms that are occurring from NY, through CT and into MA and beyond.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom