Jim Mora National COY | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jim Mora National COY

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Hate to say it, but I think the award is Sonny Dykes' barring a total collapse in next 2 weeks. TCU was 5-7 last year, now 9-0, clinched a spot in B12 championship.

But I can't think of anyone else but Mora who would get 1st place votes.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Hate to say it, but I think the award is Sonny Dykes' barring a total collapse in next 2 weeks. TCU was 5-7 last year, now 9-0, clinched a spot in SEC championship.

TCU isn't in the SEC.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Colorado is in never never land in the conference shake-up. I think Staying here and hopefully, UConn ponies up more money for the staff.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Hate to say it, but I think the award is Sonny Dykes' barring a total collapse in next 2 weeks. TCU was 5-7 last year, now 9-0, clinched a spot in B12 championship.

Lance Leipold will definitely get votes in Kansas. But they are fading and we are rising, so I like Mora to get more votes than Leipold.

If TCU keeps winning, Dykes is probably the favorite.

Reaction Score

Mora was on the couch last year and there were Texas High schools that would have beaten us.

Reaction Score
Lance Leipold will definitely get votes in Kansas. But they are fading and we are rising, so I like Mora to get more votes than Leipold.

If TCU keeps winning, Dykes is probably the favorite.
I will actively root against TCU, then. I would love it if Mora got COY. It would be an incredible honor for him, the coaching staff and players. However, think about how much that will help recruiting.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Mora was on the couch last year and there were Texas High schools that would have beaten us.
All true. But TCU is positioned to potentially be in the CFP. And that likely makes it Dykes' to lose.

Reaction Score
If Mora had not coached in the NFL, then he would get no offers after this season. His NFL connections and experience could get him P5 offers.

Reaction Score
If Jim mora isn’t coach of the year no one should get the award. He took a program that was completely dead, beyond recognition and was beyond a shadow of a doubt the WORST division 1 program to bowl eligibility in one year….oh and lost his starting QB and running back and both receivers before the season ever got started…

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
6B9163DC-8E43-46E7-9028-D0117A2FAF30.jpeg

Reaction Score
From CBS Sports

National coach of the year race is insane: Fired coaches always seem to take center stage as everyone searches for the next best thing. But in a sport defined by turnover, let's take a second and credit what has been a legitimately outstanding year of coaching across the country.

Kansas coach Lance Leipold led the Jayhawks to a bowl game with a backup quarterback. UConn coach Jim Mora Jr. took a program that has won fewer than six games over the past three seasons to a bowl game in his first season. TCU coach Sonny Dykes has the Frogs in the College Football Playoff conversation. Despite a loss to UCF, Willie Fritz has Tulane in the AAC title race. And as previously mentioned, Kelly has LSU in the SEC Championship Game in Year 1.

The names hardly even scratch the surface. What about Bret Bielema at Illinois? Or the job Lincoln Riley and Chip Kelly are doing at the Los Angeles schools? Kirby Smart and Jim Harbaugh have engineered the most efficient killing machines in the country. The level of coaching continues to rise across college football, and that will make the national coach of the year race one of the most difficult decisions in years.

Reaction Score
Heupel most likely get it unfortunately. Mora deserves it, but the SEC is the cash cow so they want to please them as best as possible.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom