Jim Mora National COY | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Jim Mora National COY

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
I think if we win at Army, Mora (7-5) has a chance. The cupboard wasn’t empty at TCU for Sonny Dykes. They had lots of talent; the TCU players quit on Gary Patterson last year.

Reaction Score
Hate to say it, but I think the award is Sonny Dykes' barring a total collapse in next 2 weeks. TCU was 5-7 last year, now 9-0, clinched a spot in B12 championship.
With all due respect but what is the point exactly? We were 1-11 last year as a north east school without a Texas loaded roster.
Jim Mora has done more with less than any coach in the country in a very short period. Dykes went from one Texas school to another, oh the savior.

Jim came in out of the coaching game for a few years in TV and constantly keeping info and impressed DB with an amazing list of a coaching staff he could put together and executed it to perfection. (This with the budget restrictions at the time.) Other than a rehire that was excused from duty or so they say, and covered the position with aplomb.

He has now publicly addressed the money and staffing restrictions that previously would be hidden and reinvigorated the fan base that is left in the toughest market in the country for college football. There is no way possible if I had a vote it could not be for Jim Mora.
All fandom for UConn aside.

If TCU keeps winning, Dykes is probably the favorite.
You maybe right but I hope they look at things with a realistic attitude.
Mora was on the couch last year and there were Texas High schools that would have beaten us.
Not on the couch but working TV, and that means keeping in touch with the game. This season proved he did just that!

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
With all due respect but what is the point exactly? We were 1-11 last year as a north east school without a Texas loaded roster.
Jim Mora has done more with less than any coach in the country in a very short period. Dykes went from one Texas school to another, oh the savior.
P5.

Reaction Score
Buddies of mine who went to "real" football schools and always thought it was funny I'm a UConn football fan have taken notice. They agree Mora has done a better job than anyone in the country and they can't believe UConn was able to hire him in the first place. The Jim Mora name has always resonated with people around the game.

Reaction Score
No, Randy should reimburse the University for stealing so many paychecks.
wp-PPYR-YorkTownSquare-726-re.jpg

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Mora didn't just start thinking about what he was going to do when he got hired. He'd been working on the plan for years. What do you think he and AD Dave talked about in Idaho?

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
It's simply stunning what he's done. The laughingstock of college football to knocking off #19 and bowling in his first season. We know it's even more remarkable because all his playmakers got hurt right away and he had to throw a true freshman QB in right away. Anyone who truly studies what he's done this year will see how incredible it is.

This is one of the best coaching jobs I've ever seen.
I'm the 100th LIKE!!!

Reaction Score
He's not doubt coach of the year for me. Who else is even in the running? Heupel at Tennessee? That's probably it right?

Reaction Score
This year, if you got the right videos and the right behind the scenes docudrama stuff, this would make for a perfect documentary. 30 for 30 type stuff.
With what the social media team has done this year, editing all the movies together is practically a 30 for 30!

Reaction Score
If Mora had not coached in the NFL, then he would get no offers after this season. His NFL connections and experience could get him P5 offers.
He won’t consider any of them even if UConn goes to the Fiesta Bowl. Lol

Reaction Score
It would be hard to deny Dykes COY. Getting TCU to a Final Four is pretty remarkable.

But if Jim Mora comes in 2nd or 3rd, I just don't care. What the man has done with a bare cupboard is damn near extraordinary. I'm just glad he is ours. The perfect guy at the perfect time, and he delivered on every promise. It really doesn't get any better than that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom