Jim Fuller update on A'ja Wilson | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Jim Fuller update on A'ja Wilson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Let me just say this. There is UConn and then there is everybody else. There is parity in WCBB but not with UConn. UConn is at a different level. Everybody else is pretty much in the same category. After UConn my next 3 teams are in order ND Duke and Stanford. IMO the LVs have and have had a lot of talent the past few years. If you gave that talent to Jeff Walsh, the coach at Marist, Tara, Muffet or Geno and perhaps a few more they would've had a better chance of going further in the NCAAs then they did with Pat or Holly. JMO. I keep hearing Tenn has one of the best front courts well they should be able to make the FF if ithey really do. So the proof will be if they do make the FF. If they don't they aren't as good as you think. They definitely have the talent, and height and Massingale has improved at the point but when I watch them this season something is missing. I think its playing as an unselfish team and being able to execute. Pretty much they are out talenting their opponents. Then again a lot of teams in WCBB are doing that and that's why when the NCAAs come around you see upsets.

This is a thread about Wilson. Bottom line is UConn built to Win NCs. Not make the FF, at UConn the FF is expected. Other teams have a big "IF" as was mentioned in some of these posts. IF they get Wilson they Could make the FF. No "IFs" at UCONN. So if you want a guarantee of going to the FF its UConn and no other team can say that. You say Tonyc gurantee. Well maybe that's a little strong but based on past performances.... you decide.

Last edited:

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
If UConn meets the LV in the post-season, the Huskies will spank them by at least 20, prolly more. I hope it happens.

Reaction Score
UConn vs Tenn....I dont think its this year unless they end up in the same region. However, next season I believe it's a clear path as long as there are no major injuries. Notre Dame, Maryland, Kentucky, Duke, Stanford & Louisville all take major losses to graduation. Wilson should be happy to play for UConn, there is no post depth and the 3 & 4 position will be available to her depending on the line-up. Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
Why does a thread about an important recruit have to turn into a tiresome 50+ post (which I'm now ironically adding to) pissing match between UConn and Tennessee?

All was fine until stwainfan and LadyVolFan starting making absurb statements about their team. HINT: That's what The Summitt is for!

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
depends....you can get gen admission for 10 bucks. the floor seats are very expensive and mostly for season tix holders. people usually donate thousands of dollars for those seats and then pay more at the beginning of the season.

Therein lies a big difference. "thousands" is not enough to get floor seats at UConn. For that matter, tens of thousands isn't enough. Last time I checked 50K would get you close, but not the very best seats.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Why does a thread about an important recruit have to turn into a tiresome 50+ post (which I'm now ironically adding to) pissing match between UConn and Tennessee?

Because everyone seems to have something to say, even if it is to say that there's not much to say.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Two reasons.

The same Tennessee fans run to the defense of any perceived slight of their program, players or coach.

The same Uconn fans have to respond to the Tennessee fans defensive points.

And off we go.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Therein lies a big difference. "thousands" is not enough to get floor seats at UConn. For that matter, tens of thousands isn't enough. Last time I checked 50K would get you close, but not the very best seats.

cplfny6.gif

Reaction Score
Two reasons.

The same Tennessee fans run to the defense of any perceived slight of their program, players or coach.

The same Uconn fans have to respond to the Tennessee fans defensive points.

And off we go.
Added to that, there are those who have to explain why there are so many threads mentioning Tennessee.

Reaction Score
All was fine until stwainfan and LadyVolFan starting making absurb statements about their team. HINT: That's what The Summitt is for!
Actually I was responding to the sec not having any signature wins to negate your point.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Actually I was responding to the sec not having any signature wins to negate your point.
Thank god you did that. Folks here were think the SEC sucked otherwise.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
and on the Summitt... not a peep about UConn (their stance is impressive)

Reaction Score
Thank god you did that. Folks here were think the SEC sucked otherwise.
You're welcome. This board always prides itself on being factual, so I didn't want to see a poster steer it in the wrong direction:)

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
"and on the Summitt... not a peep about UConn (their stance is impressive)"

Well, Tennessee actually played last night while Uconn has been off for a week.bnot so impressive.

You pay for the Summitt?

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
You're welcome. This board always prides itself on being factual, so I didn't want to see a poster steer it in the wrong direction:)
Then where were you when Stwainfan said Tennessee would sell out in the LSU game?

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
"and on the Summitt... not a peep about UConn (their stance is impressive)"

Well, Tennessee actually played last night while Uconn has been off for a week.bnot so impressive.

You pay for the Summitt?
why you keep asking me that... you want to contribute a few payments for me, it is the hoilday season!

and if I did?

and if UConn did play last night... this would be going on, weak excuse... I know you can do better than that.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
"why you keep asking me that... you want to contribute a few payments for me, it is the hoilday season!

and if I did?

and if UConn did play last night... this would be going on, weak excuse... I know you can do better than that."

I asked because you said there were no Uconn posts. How would you know that without reading it. Are you seriously just going by thread names? Weak.

If you did? He'll, it's your money. I'd just laugh at you.

UConn playing last night has nothing to do with Tennessee conversations here. It has everything to do with what they talk about on the Summitt. You said there were no Uconn posts. Of course not, Uconn hasn't played in a week. Not a weak excuse,but a week excuse.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
The real question is why are all the Voles scurrying over here. I thought it was simply because we are free; when the SUMMITT went payers-only it seemed there were many more threads that morphed from blue to orange. But I guess I was wrong about that. It is strange though. I wish there were a way we could mark the highjacked threads as they usually (not always, of course) are creepily OT.
Here's a link, with a story on how to identify voles and get rid of them:
http://landscaping.about.com/cs/pests/a/vole_control.htm
He speaks about "numerous little feet beating over the same path" which I found bizarrely relevant.

Reaction Score
The real question is why are all the Voles scurrying over here. I thought it was simply because we are free; when the SUMMITT went payers-only it seemed there were many more threads that morphed from blue to orange. But I guess I was wrong about that.
I guess the Tennessee fans are here on their own volition.:)

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Personally, I enjoy reading posts from supporters of other programs and it would be remarkable if they did not do a little boosting. I think we should feel secure enough about the Huskies to not go postal over it. Noblesse oblige, and all that, doncherknow.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Personally, I enjoy reading posts from supporters of other programs and it would be remarkable if they did not do a little boosting. I think we should feel secure enough about the Huskies to not go postal over it. Noblesse oblige, and all that, doncherknow.

I try not to go postal but I do feel like pointing out the inaccuracies is in their best interests.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
The fact is that Tennessee fans are absolutely giddy that A'ja decided to take an official there. Giddy might be an understatement. Hence their fans feel happy about coming over here and talking about how thrilled they are that this is happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom