Jim Fuller: Geno ticked.... abrupt end to practice | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jim Fuller: Geno ticked.... abrupt end to practice

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
IMO the most important part was the mention of ESPN adding some pressure to get a Baylor matchup. If ESPN ups the payoff Mulkey will fold. Which may have been Mulkey's plan from the beginning.
I believe her objection was to ESPN's desire for a January or February game which would be in the middle of Baylor's conference schedule. UConn is used to playing those games; Baylor, not so much. Mulkey is wisely being careful not to mess up what's been working so far.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Sorry Ice...no academic or athletic scholarships at Ivies, for anyone. All financial aid is need based.

I know, I wrote the checks.
Yeah, I knew that but wanted an easily recognizable $50,000+ spiel for Geno. I suppose I should have said Duke or Stanford.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I know Young when I see it. Here is Young:

images
images

By the way, I think the Huskies have a fairly young team.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Day off from work today?
Nah, I'm at work - and I have to work tomorrow, too - but it's very quiet here. There are three of us sitting at our desks surfing the Internet.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Nah, I'm at work - and I have to work tomorrow, too - but it's very quiet here. There are three of us sitting at our desks surfing the Internet.
The internet is really really great... for !

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Here's where the team misses Maya the most; those behind-the-scenes moments in practice where everybody has to dig down and give 100.0% for the entire session. Not 90%. Not 92.5%. Not 98%. Not 99%.

It takes a tremendous amount of focus, drive, determination, and perhaps most of all, desire to show the Big Guy (GA) that you can take what he dishes out and prove him wrong when he says things like "You're all worthless and weak! Now drop and give me twenty!" Maya often spoke of precisely this desire.

Not that she was never part of a team that got thrown out of practice or whatever, but Maya not only had the drive to push herself like no other, she also drove others to push themselves to the brink in practice throughout her tenure. Despite several very competitive types on the current team, there's probably no one capable of getting others to commit the way Maya did. Of course, Maya was legendary in this regard, so it's not surprising that we'd have a drop off this year. This year's team still has to find their own formula for showing True Grit when they really need to dig down and finish with focus, both in tough games and (always tough) practices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom