Jim Fuller: Are there too many former UConn players on the U.S. women’s basketball team? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Jim Fuller: Are there too many former UConn players on the U.S. women’s basketball team?

Jmpenn

LVFan; Equitable Visitor
Reaction Score
It's funny that USA today is using a picture of Candace for the schedule for women's basketball. Out of all the players they picked her. I guess they didn't know she wasn't on the team.

Reaction Score
During the USA-Spain game the commentators spoke about the UConn domination of the team. One of them said this isn't new & that when Dean Smith took over the men's team in 1976 there were 4 UNC players /alumni on that team. There was quite a bit of squawking that promptly vanished when the US team won the gold medal in Montreal.

Reaction Score
Kelsey Bone, when she sounded off criticizing Parker's non-selection, admitted that Parker (I'm paraphrasing here) has a somewhat difficult attitude, but argued that this shouldn't matter because Geno "only" has to put up with the attitude for a short period of time for the Olympics.

I don't know if Kelsey has ever been a teammate of Candace's, but take that for what you will.

So .... without a four year scholarship or a pro contract hanging in the balance, the coach should just let the players run with whatever they want to do, and hey its only 9 games so to hell with the coach..... what are you going to do replace the player when the Olympics only last two weeks?

sound like something you want to be involved with?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA
Top Bottom