Jim Christian out @ Boston College | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Jim Christian out @ Boston College

Reaction Score
Lots of talk already about Howard eisley who is at Michigan as an assistant to Howard. No head coaching experience but he is an alum on a team that is having regular season success. Point being there isn’t going to be a deep pool of names we have all heard of clamoring for that job despite it being an ACC gig.

Reaction Score
I don't think most disagree much with you on this. The only thing potentially about it is maybe a high ranking assistant takes a chance on getting his feet wet. Or a really good coach like Becker gets a better paycheck. Other than that it'd a lose-lose job. Don't get me wrong a cheater may make it something competitive so maybe what's his name who's at Illinois now takes it after his gig at USF.
Antigua? And thanks for hearing me out brother

Reaction Score
Lots of things make UConn a much better job than BC. But if you could be successful in the ACC vs the new Big East, I guarantee 9 out of 10 coaches would take the ACC.
Why exactly?

Reaction Score
I am a huge northeast basketball fan, a BC alumni and I live 15 mins from campus. I did not know the full name of the BC basketball coach until today. They have NO juice even within the 128 belt. Nobody with options let alone Dan Hurley will look at this job.

they are likely firing the coach now because they realize how far down the pecking order they are this there best shot at getting an assistant with any talent is by offering months before any other program would reach out.

Reaction Score
Such a shame Christian is out at BCU; hoped he stayed around with Bugger Eater for a few decades

Reaction Score
Lots of talk already about Howard eisley who is at Michigan as an assistant to Howard. No head coaching experience but he is an alum on a team that is having regular season success.
Add the NBA asst coaching experience and this seems like a no-brainer. But can he recruit?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
They have NO juice even within the 128 belt. Nobody with options let alone Dan Hurley will look at this job.
I caught WEEI discussing this. They spent about 10 minutes on it. Half was explaining that they hardly ever discuss college hoop on the show, the other 5 minutes were spent laughing. Especially about the .217 ACC win pct.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Without looking up anything, I don't remember BCU being competitive very much in the last 7 seasons. They were the ACC's whipping boy. They had a few good wins but my recollection is that they were outclassed most games.
All of the old BE teams that moved into the ACC have not done very well in basketball (in football either). The ACC wanted the Northeast/NYC exposure for recruiting. Unfortunately they didn't get NYC or New England's basketball team and football is an after thought in the Northeast. BC is very happy to win its 6th Frozen Four.

Reaction Score
I caught WEEI discussing this. They spent about 10 minutes on it. Half was explaining that they hardly ever discuss college hoop on the show, the other 5 minutes were spent laughing. Especially about the .217 ACC win pct.
Mazz is a BC guy but otherwise there is a mix of apathy and hate for the beagles.

Reaction Score
Just not a great job for anyone, tough to win as the black sheep of the ACC but who knows, right choice? Didn't think the guy did an awful job considering. He had them competitive a lot just not good enough to win

UNDERSTAND it might be a geographical recruiting challenge but BRELIN is a GREAT COACH and should be in college basketball. they so screwed up when they got rid of O'BRIEN w all his boston connections. the yahoos wanting Pitino back will be the first dip shi** blasting hurley for losing recruits if that happened.

Reaction Score
Not when I watched them, they had a few good guards a couple years ago and were in many games with that class but couldn't win. By no means do I suggest they were in them all to the last minutes/seconds of games but they were competitive for a while. Maybe I only saw the ones they played well in or over their heads.

Pitino would be real interesting for them but would a catholic school hire a pimp?
understand it could be a geographical challenge but BREILIN is a GREAT GREAT coach and belongs in college basketball
BC messed up when they got rid of O'Brien, HE had had them rolling w all his boston connections.
It showed they were not serious about being big time players in college bball.
The Pitino YAHOOS will be the first to blast Hurley for recruiting when mr do anything to get recruits started operating.

Reaction Score
understand it could be a geographical challenge but BREILIN is a GREAT GREAT coach and belongs in college basketball
BC messed up when they got rid of O'Brien, HE had had them rolling w all his boston connections.
The Pitino YAHOOS will be the first to blast Hurley for recruiting when mr do anything to get recruits started operating.
SKINNER was solid and underrated, look at the job he did!!

Reaction Score
BEILEIN.. and no worries cause they arent getting him or slick Rick for that matter..

Reaction Score
He had a 2 year tenure at PeeCee already and brought them to Final 4 in year 2
Don't think the Friar administration would consider Pitino
BUT - Cooley may look at BC and the ACC
I'll bet BC sends feelers out to DH or maybe his brother (to counter the recruiting war) but DH really hasn't earned that look quite yet, IMO
The way I just laughed while reading this LOL

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Was thinking that beilein gotta be a pipe dream
He's 67. Why go to a complete rebuild of a program with no fanbase and no history?

Reaction Score
Hah, interesting. I love their show, always assumed he was an alumni. Thinking he roots for BC to troll Felger.
There's probably some truth to that! Besides Felger with college hockey they both always mention they don't like college sports and they don't talk about it much.

Reaction Score
I am a huge northeast basketball fan, a BC alumni and I live 15 mins from campus. I did not know the full name of the BC basketball coach until today. They have NO juice even within the 128 belt. Nobody with options let alone Dan Hurley will look at this job.

they are likely firing the coach now because they realize how far down the pecking order they are this there best shot at getting an assistant with any talent is by offering months before any other program would reach out.
It's weird, even when BC had good teams in the past I don't remember anyone ever caring. I get that it's a pro sports town but so is NYC and they really get into it when the Johnnie's have good squads. They care about college hockey in Boston but never seemed to give a cr@p about college hoops.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom