Jim Christian out @ Boston College | The Boneyard

Jim Christian out @ Boston College

Reaction Score
Surprised he lasted this long. Why mid-season though? Unless they're bringing in the new guy right now it doesn't make much sense. Wondering who's coaching the team the rest of the season?

Last edited:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Just not a great job for anyone, tough to win as the black sheep of the ACC but who knows, right choice? Didn't think the guy did an awful job considering. He had them competitive a lot just not good enough to win.

The entire purpose of their existence in basketball is to act as a schedule filler for the league. There is zero pressure from the league for BCU to accomplish anything in basketball.

Reaction Score
Just not a great job for anyone, tough to win as the black sheep of the ACC but who knows, right choice? Didn't think the guy did an awful job considering. He had them competitive a lot just not good enough to win.
Without looking up anything, I don't remember BCU being competitive very much in the last 7 seasons. They were the ACC's whipping boy. They had a few good wins but my recollection is that they were outclassed most games.

Reaction Score
Without looking up anything, I don't remember BCU being competitive very much in the last 7 seasons. They were the ACC's whipping boy. They had a few good wins but my recollection is that they were outclassed most games.

Not when I watched them, they had a few good guards a couple years ago and were in many games with that class but couldn't win. By no means do I suggest they were in them all to the last minutes/seconds of games but they were competitive for a while. Maybe I only saw the ones they played well in or over their heads.

Pitino would be real interesting for them but would a catholic school hire a pimp?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

They've been a non-entity for the past decade and a non-story for most of the past 20 years. Which, by the way, is the exact role they were expected to play.

Boston College Eagles Index | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com (sports-reference.com)

1613410308470.png

Reaction Score
Honestly, BC and Pitino make complete sense. New England guy who needs access to a power conference team and a program that needs invigoration and a reset.

If they hire a Porter Moser-eqsue coach, it's going to be more years of no one paying attention.

Reaction Score
I would love to see Pitino in the Big East (Providence). A big part of the success of the old Big East was big name coaches that fans loved to hate.
Providence would be a northeast powerhouse with Pitino. It would definitely be good for the Big East but would hurt UConn. They definitely sticking with Cooley.

Reaction Score

Honestly, if I'm any of the guys on this list other than Pitino (back to the ACC) and Schmidt (BC alum) I don't think I'd touch this gig.

If I'm BC I'm calling Johh Becker (Vermont), Tommy Amaker (Harvard) and maybe Joe Jones (BU). I'd have Becker and Amaker as my 1 and 1A...

EDIT: Didn't realize Eisely, also a BC alum, was an assistant at Michigan. Not a bad move either for either party...

Reaction Score
I would love to see Pitino in the Big East (Providence). A big part of the success of the old Big East was big name coaches that fans loved to hate.

I‘d rather see him in the obits.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom