Jewell Loyd Leaving for WNBA | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Jewell Loyd Leaving for WNBA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I am pretty emotional about our Huskies and I can't imagine what it would feel like to be a diehard fan of ND hearing the news.
Now it looks like Muffet (in her own words- see other thread) didn't know how to react either. Bottom line- Loyd had her reasons and she acted on them. I wish her well.

Reaction Score
Obviously you're not paying attention to what year we are in either lol - that was last year, it's 2015!

This was your original quote "... So the Final Four teams will slightly change next year I think. They'll be UCONN, Baylor, South Carolina, and Tennessee all 1 seeds, but I don't thinks that's possible because Tennessee and SC are in the same conference!"
To which I responded "... BTW. Both Tennessee and South Carolina were #1 seeds in 2014. There's no prohibition in having 2 #1 seeds from the same conference in the NCAA playoffs."
I brought up 2014 to demonstrate that, contrary to your stated belief, it is possible for both Tennessee and South Carolina to be #1 seeds even though they play in the same conference.
All it would have taken for all this to have ended amicably was for you to admit that you made a mistake.

Last edited by a moderator:

JS

Reaction Score
And if you would google: NCAA women's bracket, you would see in the Spokane region that Tennessee was a 2-seed, and Maryland was the 1-seed!
DeeHusky, you missed rvwsleep's point about whether there can be 1-seeds from the same conference. He wasn't using this year as his example, as he has explained, but rather last year's tournament.

Unfortunately, this misperception led to some post deletions and edits on account of personal attacks, which are against the forum rules. You're new to the board and we can cut you some slack.

Advice:
  • When answering a post that you think to be wrong, double check to make sure you aren't misunderstanding what was said.
  • If it's said that you erred, consider carefully whether that's the case, and if so admit it rather than fighting on.
  • Resist the temptation to launch personal attacks, even if it seems the other person started it.
Good luck.

Reaction Score
After thinking about this all week I have a theory about why she came out early.

She mentioned the word "chance" a few times in interviews. I think she may have gotten tired of playing second fiddle to Stewie in everything and saw that she had a chance to be first in this draft. Next year it would've probably been the same old thing- #2 in the 2016 WNBA Draft.

It may have been about "Brand" or whatever you want to call it. It's in her resume now forever. She was the #1 pick in the 2015 WNBA Draft. Noone can take that away from her. She took a chance that Seattle wouldn't draft Zowie B. ahead of her.

That may be why she didn't want to tell Muffet about it cause she was afraid she would be talked out of it.

Reaction Score
That may be why she didn't want to tell Muffet about it cause she was afraid she would be talked out of it.

I thought the same thing about this. I just don't know her reasons and thus I wouldn't think it was about "brand."

I think it's possible she waited because she felt Muffett could talk her out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom