Jewell Loyd better than Bria? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Jewell Loyd better than Bria?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think Bria gets a bad wrap because of the situation she is in. She is busting he butt out there the entire game on both ends. She frequently has the ball in her hands when the clock is running down and/or when others aren't looking for a shot. Subsequently she has to take some shots outside of the normal flow of the offense. This can make her shooting numbers look worse than they should. Although lets face it, tonight in the first part of the game no one shot well.
I think that a number of the shots that Bria "tanks" on are shots well before the shot clock runs out and not "forced" shots as you depict. She can sometimes be impulsive but she's been a special player for the Huskies throughout her career, particularly in key situations. Okay, a good part of last year she struggled mightily but once she got healthy and got the "demons" out of her head, she was the Bria we've come to know and love.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Jewell (two l's) Loyd (one L) is a terrific basketball player. So is Bria Hartley.

Anyone wants to diss Bria should remember that her cumulative stats compare with those of Diana and Maya. Her name is "on the Gampel wall," which places her in select company of UConn's all-time greatest players. So she must be pretty good.

Reaction Score
I have watched some Notre Dame games this season and J-Lo ain't that shabby. She is aggressive, athletic, and can shoot. She has a nose for the ball. I mean there were some games this year where she was out rebounding some of the taller players. This is will be nice match-up to watch. But I got my girl, Bria. She will step up and play huge tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits
Top Bottom