Jewell Loyd better than Bria? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jewell Loyd better than Bria?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
If you were to ask me before the tourney started I would have said no. But after the first 5 games, I'd say yes.

Moriah edge over Allen
Loyd edge over Bria
McBride edge over KML
Stewie big edge over Braker
Dolson edge over Reimer

I actually gave UCONN bench the edge over the ND bench because I think while we only go 6 deep, Kiah is much better than any of the reserves ND will bring in.

caramel

A potential star is born from the dust over time
Reaction Score
Loyd is very good.In fact,she could be best at her position.She could be the best in the country.However,the goal of every girl,every team that I know of,is to get the trophy.Seems to me,that Bria is ahead in that catagory as well as her team,and when Lyod graduates,who's team has won the most trophies between the two,will tell me who was better.

Reaction Score
Contrary to what appears to be setting in here as conventional wisdom, Notre Dame plays team ball, very good team ball.

Reaction Score
Jewell is better athleticism.
But, Bria is better as a generalist of the game. If Bria thinks about the team not about her scoring we will prevail. She has the heart of champion.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I'll go out on a limb and say I agree with Doris insomuch as Stewie and Stef make for a superior frontcourt.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
The thing is, when you say one all-American has the edge over another, it seems to me that when you put both Bria and KML (who is not an AA this year based only on her circumstances, not her ability) in second place, it is based only on a difference in athleticism and their roles on the team and if they are better at all, it's by a very slim margin. Loyd and McBride, as good a duo as there is, would seem not to make up for the fairly large difference between our other 3 kids (and I'd say 4 with Stokes thrown in} and NDs other starters. Stewie and just about any of our other starters are as good a duo as anyone else has. ND is obviously really good and plays excellent team ball. But I like our D and the seeming fact that if Loyd or McBride is held below par, there aren't many kids left on ND to make up for them, while UConn has may capable scorers. And I think the margin between Dolson and NDs need to use anyone not named Anchowa (forgive misspell, too lazy to double check) in the post is not just an edge, it's a big edge. When Stokes is in the game, that edge doesn't disappear. Should be an interesting game.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Jewell is better athleticism.
But, Bria is better as a generalist of the game. If Bria thinks about the team not about her scoring we will prevail. She has the heart of champion.

Agree. Jewell has to score more for her team for them to win. Bria has to score but the pressure is not as much because of who Bria is surrounded with.

Reaction Score
After muffet's dis of Stewie at the AP POY award ceremony, it would be a perfect time for Stewie to flush one! Preferably with a 12+ point lead and 1 minute left...
I've been saying that for the past couple of weeks. Let Stewie throw down right in front of their bench since you know ND has gotten so good at beating UConn. If DT had the ability to dunk she would have just to show a certain team up.

Reaction Score
Agree. Jewell has to score more for her team for them to win. Bria has to score but the pressure is not as much because of who Bria is surrounded with.

I would love to see Bria penetrates and dishes out or to the big guys, I don't like her jumpers and treys at the early stage of the games, she seems to try to hard that it effects her accuracy. However, her shots are much better when we're up by a dozen or more.

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
I'd call Loyd and Bria a wash and I'll give them McBride over KML this year.

I agree but only because KML has been inconsistent. When she is on her game I'd take KML over McBride in a sec. We will see tomorrow.

Reaction Score
I agree but only because KML has been inconsistent. When she is on her game I'd take KML over McBride in a sec. We will see tomorrow.
If KML and Stewart can hit their shots early, I think it's pretty much game over no matter who ND throws at the Huskies. I like the big line up. Get the three bigs out there and dare their guards to bring it in the paint and run into a wall, though of course tomorrow night there will be lots of blocking calls.

Reaction Score
Watching the game, I thought Bria played a little too fast today, faster than the pace of the rest of the team,
both on offense and defense. Unless she settles down a little, I think Jewell Loyd will have an edge.

I just watched the game over again and Bria had a tough night for sure. She was off from the outside, couldn't make a free throw, and just looked out of sync overall.

Reaction Score
I'm about as big a McBride fan as there is, but are we really giving her the edge over KML?

She's not the better player.

Reaction Score
After muffet's dis of Stewie at the AP POY award ceremony, it would be a perfect time for Stewie to flush one! Preferably with a 12+ point lead and 1 minute left...
Yes - "In your face disgrace!"

Reaction Score
Lloyd's better than Hartley. Hartley needs some space, Lloyd can create her own. Lloyd is also a better shooter. Hartley's
gets a bunch of transition layups but other than that she misses (and takes) a lot of shots.

I think MoJeff gets Lloyd and I hope they let them play cause it'll be a great matchup.

Reaction Score
KML is not at her peak but I would love to have her on the team over McBride. I think that if we can shut down McBride, and not allow her to score 28 the game will be different than the Maryland/ND game. IF KML hits her threes... that will be the difference maker.

Reaction Score
I will give McBride the best compliment I can..... her shooting reminds me of KML. She elevates quickly with little room and releases just as fast. She didn't have much of an arc on her shot tonight and that may be susceptible to being blocked. She was really good tonight but they weren't guarding her tightly like Orange did KML. She drives much better than KML but I think KML plays better D. They both rebound well. I give them a draw.

Reaction Score
Oh hell no. Someone needs to take a step back! And someone needs to share this with Bria!!!!!
I'd take Lloyd over Bria. She is playing great, but Bria isn't that far off by any stretch. McBride is (& Geno knows this when he had her with team USA) the 2nd best player on the floor, and will be hard for the Uconn guards to deal with her physical style. There is a reason they are here and kicked MD butts without their starting center. The team that imposes their style on the other wins. If Uconn scores early, and stays out of foul trouble I think they put to much pressure on ND and win. Remember the word IF.

Reaction Score
Jewel Loyd looked much better than Bria tonight.
I hate to admit it but I think Jewel is a lot quicker than Bria and that could be a factor if Bria was her defender tonight. I'm actually thinking it'd probably be Moriah who is like lightening herself. Bria is a heckuva player and particularly in the really significant games and I hope she continues that tradition tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom