Jerry York Retires | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jerry York Retires

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Some things that will not change. UConn is the largest academic institution in Hockey East. It has new, top flight facilities coming online. UConn players are beginning to make an impact in the professional ranks with Tage Thompson being exhibit A. UConn will be a very attractive landing spot for both recruits and potential head coaches.

Summoner

demoniac
Reaction Score
Some things that will not change. UConn is the largest academic institution in Hockey East. It has new, top flight facilities coming online. UConn players are beginning to make an impact in the professional ranks with Tage Thompson being exhibit A. UConn will be a very attractive landing spot for both recruits and potential head coaches.

Especially with the monster season T.T. is having this year.

Reaction Score
This kid is legitimately well connected at BC (family member played there) but has a long history of exaggeration and wildly false statements.
I didn’t believe it for an instant. The kid is like 12 years old and we’re supposed to believe he’s juiced into the BC process? Someone lied on the interwebs? I’m shocked.

Reaction Score
So what’s the story with Nathan Strauss who makes it sounds like it’s virtually a done deal. It appears he just graduated from UMass where he announced college hockey. Has 2k followers which is impressive for a college kid.
Do we think hes got the connections to have the right insiders here?

Reaction Score
So what’s the story with Nathan Strauss who makes it sounds like it’s virtually a done deal. It appears he just graduated from UMass where he announced college hockey. Has 2k followers which is impressive for a college kid.
No, we don’t.

Reaction Score
He does. He has a source inside BC. He is also connected at BU, one of his relatives was a HUGE donor to the hockey program. So much so that multiple BU coaches attended their funeral when they passed. For all the two programs hate each other, they're basically connected at the hip and they all know what the other is doing.

Whether his info on Cav is 100%, 90%, or 0% right, I don't know. If I had to guess, he may have taken the source's info a bit further or misread the finality of the situation regarding Cav.

But, despite being a UMass guy, he does have legit connections to the BC program.

Reaction Score
Really thought we turned the corner this year. We we so close to making NCAA tourney this year and I thought next yeah under Cav would be the year of UConn Hockey. That being said, if BC comes calling he absolutely should go. He came from there as an assistant so it would make sense for him to go back as HC. I'm all on board for Lang. He will absolutely take us to the promise land.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Really thought we turned the corner this year. We we so close to making NCAA tourney this year and I thought next yeah under Cav would be the year of UConn Hockey. That being said, if BC comes calling he absolutely should go. He came from there as an assistant so it would make sense for him to go back as HC. I'm all on board for Lang. He will absolutely take us to the promise land.
With the turnover that this team is experiencing, next year is going to be a tough one no matter who our coach is.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

This reminds me of a story I heard when Jimmy Johnson took the Dolphins job. A reporter spoke to him about why Miami and not Tampa (who's job was also open). The Bucs at that time had an enormous amount of cap space while Miami was saddled with a bunch of onerous contracts that would make it difficult to make the kinds of personnel moves Jimmy wanted to make.

Johnson took a look at the data and admitted the Tampa situation was a lot better. He went to Miami anyway.

BC is a top program no doubt, but Cav may find it's not the better job, today.

IMO, BC nor BU have the huge advantage that they used to have, nationally nor in the NE. The influx of foreign players makes their lock on the MA guys less of a factor.

Reaction Score
This reminds me of a story I heard when Jimmy Johnson took the Dolphins job. A reporter spoke to him about why Miami and not Tampa (who's job was also open). The Bucs at that time had an enormous amount of cap space while Miami was saddled with a bunch of onerous contracts that would make it difficult to make the kinds of personnel moves Jimmy wanted to make.

Johnson took a look at the data and admitted the Tampa situation was a lot better. He went to Miami anyway.

BC is a top program no doubt, but Cav may find it's not the better job, today.

IMO, BC nor BU have the huge advantage that they used to have, nationally nor in the NE. The influx of foreign players makes their lock on the MA guys less of a factor.
True, but he was an assistant there for awhile and the will most definitely pay more than UConn in hockey. It's like going to Notre Dame in football now. Still has the name and occasionally will make the playoffs, but overall has a pretty mediocre record as of late.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Opening a new barn must have some appeal. Assuming he's paid competitively.

Reaction Score
I can’t imagine he leaves UMass unless he’s not getting the type of support he’s looking for from the AD and university but who knows.

Reaction Score
Pipe dream. If he thinks the institutional support at UMass is poor, he'd love being third on the totem pole at BC...

Reaction Score
Pipe dream. If he thinks the institutional support at UMass is poor, he'd love being third on the totem pole at BC...
Can you explain who is in front of hockey?? I don't know much about BC Athletics. Football I guess.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Can you explain who is in front of hockey?? I don't know much about BC Athletics. Football I guess.
Because of the ACC it’s both football and basketball. Big money there. The contract with ESPN alone pays the ACC 240 million per year through 2036. It’s all about the money.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Because of the ACC it’s both football and basketball. Big money there. The contract with ESPN alone pays the ACC 240 million per year through 2036. It’s all about the money.

Basically this.

Not in terms of success but in terms of media and fan notoriety. You could make the argument that hockey is above basketball, but it's probably not. At last check, the hockey team still is second on the totem pole for facility use of Conte Forum behind MBB. That could have changed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom