Jerry York Retires | The Boneyard

Jerry York Retires

Reaction Score

Have to believe Cav will at least be a candidate given his time there. Likely would behind Greg Brown and Mike Ayers in line, but I'd be surprised if he doesn't get an interview. Has the most HC experience of the three.

Reaction Score
And there's a very, very real chance Michigan moves on from Pearson after their internal review is finished. 3 of the biggest jobs in the country open the same year.

Ironically, I'd be shocked if any of the three schools interviewed the same candidates.

Reaction Score
I think Cav will get consideration but doubt BC goes in that direction. If they do I am not sure how I would feel about it. Like Cav but as I said elsewhere is his tenure here great? I think it’s OK. Sorry to have high expectations but it’s been a lot of years now.

That said if we lost our coach now that would really make next year a step back.

Reaction Score
What the frig.
I mean this has become Cavs baby here. He’s not going to accomplish anything at BC that hasn’t been done already.

Reaction Score
The two people who have that information are solid. I'd consider it almost a done deal.

Eric Lang to UConn is very, very, very much a possibility and that would be an enormous positive for UConn hockey.
I suppose. I’ve had my moments for I’ve called for cavs head at times but then usually he runs off a nice steak and I apologize lol.

Reaction Score
If Coach Cav goes to BC (he should…) it would be a massive fail by Benedict to not replace him with Lang.

Reaction Score
What the frig.
I mean this has become Cavs baby here. He’s not going to accomplish anything at BC that hasn’t been done already.
And following legends almost never works out for that guy. He has recruited real well but it’s not like he has had a ton of success here. He did a heck of a job building it up from ground just seems like he might have hit his ceiling here…

Reaction Score
So would this have something to do with the bizarre transfers over the last couple weeks that made no sense?

Reaction Score
So would this have something to do with the bizarre transfers over the last couple weeks that made no sense?
Probably. But i assumed they had issues with Cav. I don't have inside info just a hunch. I like Cav but he should take this opportunity if offered.

Reaction Score
You have no idea how much Lang would be more than a suitable replacement for Cav. This is not a bad thing for UConn.

I can separately confirm Lang is very interested in UConn.
I find it weird that there was a job posting posted recently that closes tomorrow for the role of director of operations for the program if Cav is leaving

Reaction Score
I think this is good for us in the long run. Wish him well. Except when we play them. I don’t think this will work for them. Always tough to replace the legend. Never seems to work. I think he did a good job here but I am fine moving on.

Next year may be a long year though.

Reaction Score
I think this is good for us in the long run. Wish him well. Except when we play them. I don’t think this will work for them. Always tough to replace the legend. Never seems to work. I think he did a good job here but I am fine moving on.

Next year may be a long year though.
It was going to be a tough road to hoe next year anyway going from a veteran team to very young one.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom