Jerry says he horsed-around & showered | The Boneyard

Jerry says he horsed-around & showered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Wonder why Jerry Sandusky would not appear on camera. IMHO he was at the facility where the taping occurred but just in another room. If his lawyer was there, then so was Sandusky.

Mike&Mike stated there are reports that McQuery did in fact stop what was happening in the shower. If that is the case, then he's been maligned. If this is true, then why didn't the Attorney General come to his defense and correct the situation.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
A possibility would be that the AG and the prosecution do not want to show all of their cards at the moment.
Another is that they didn't know.
Another is McQueary is refacing that Sandusky stopped and left the area because of McQueary and is interpreting that internally as having stopped him.
We simply don't know.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
"In a telephone interview Monday night on NBC News' "Rock Center," Bob Costas asked Jerry Sandusky if he's a pedophile and Sandusky responded, "No.""

Phew. That clears that up.
Perhaps Sandusky doesn't fully understand big words like "pedophile" and "inappropriate".

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
"In a telephone interview Monday night on NBC News' "Rock Center," Bob Costas asked Jerry Sandusky if he's a pedophile and Sandusky responded, "No.""

Phew. That clears that up.
Yeah, now that we all know the truth we can relax.
One thing that most will not know is that his lawyer Amendola got a 17 year old he was filing emancipation papers for pregnant when he was 49. They did marry but later separated. Gosh who could have seen that separation coming.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
No wonder why Sandusky's lawyer said he would trust his kids with Jerry.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I listened to the interview this morning. He reminds me a bit of Michael Jackson. Or rather MJ's situation.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
But at least Michael's dancing wasn't limited to words.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Yes, I was wondering if the Police would be taking pictures of Sandusky's "junk" as evidence, much the same as they did with MJ. But, even if witnesses can correctly identify Sandusky from the pictures,he has a built in excuse: "Hey, it was only a shower."

I apologize for making light of a very serious situation.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Wonder why Jerry Sandusky would not appear on camera. IMHO he was at the facility where the taping occurred but just in another room. If his lawyer was there, then so was Sandusky.

Mike&Mike stated there are reports that McQuery did in fact stop what was happening in the shower. If that is the case, then he's been maligned. If this is true, then why didn't the Attorney General come to his defense and correct the situation.

The source for McQ stopping the shower assault is an email from McQ to friends in which he said "I made sure it stopped" and "I didn't just turn and run." If that's true then there's no way the investigators and GJ don't know that. He was clearly asked what he did immediately after seeing Sandusky and the boy in the shower as the report references his testimony that he went to his office and called his father. The investigators and lawyers' questions about incidents like this are meticulous and in painstaking detail. They want and need to know everything. Plus, McQ had good reason to tell authorities if he did stop the incident as it makes him look better.

EDIT: Reportedly this account of the incident has been confirmed by a knowledgeable source in the investigation. The questions then are if McQ stopped the assault then why not take the step to remove the boy so a) it doesn't happen again, and b) so the boy can receive treatment. I'm not trying to crucify the guy but these are all fair questions that people will continue to ask. McQ will have his chance to tell his full story at some point.

I don't think Sandusky was with his lawyer. Costas and his lawyer were in NY (NBC studios) and I feel certain Sandusky was in State College. I don't understand the decision to allow him to do the interview but I do understand not bringing him to Rockefeller Center in midtown New York.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Yes, she did. She and the son are separated or divorced and she took that action. Rightfully so.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
wow... think about that, he could have "touched" his own grandkids who loved 'Pa
I think all his children were adopted. Just sayin', not blood relatives.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I think all his children were adopted. Just sayin', not blood relatives.
Yes, he has 6 adopted children and has had numerous foster children. One son is the head of player personel for the Cleveland Browns and another is an Assistant Coach at West Chester State University in PA.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
The source for McQ stopping the shower assault is an email from McQ to friends in which he said "I made sure it stopped" and "I didn't just turn and run." If that's true then there's no way the investigators and GJ don't know that. He was clearly asked what he did immediately after seeing Sandusky and the boy in the shower as the report references his testimony that he went to his office and called his father. The investigators and lawyers' questions about incidents like this are meticulous and in painstaking detail. They want and need to know everything. Plus, McQ had good reason to tell authorities if he did stop the incident as it makes him look better.

EDIT: Reportedly this account of the incident has been confirmed by a knowledgeable source in the investigation. The questions then are if McQ stopped the assault then why not take the step to remove the boy so a) it doesn't happen again, and b) so the boy can receive treatment. I'm not trying to crucify the guy but these are all fair questions that people will continue to ask. McQ will have his chance to tell his full story at some point.

I don't think Sandusky was with his lawyer. Costas and his lawyer were in NY (NBC studios) and I feel certain Sandusky was in State College. I don't understand the decision to allow him to do the interview but I do understand not bringing him to Rockefeller Center in midtown New York.
i'm no laywer, but if you witness a crime, aren't you legally obligated to report it? or if i see someone being murdered but i'm able to stop the attacker from finishing, it's cool to just walk away and let the victim bleed to death? after all, i made sure i stopped the attacker...

JS

Reaction Score
Asked if there was anything he had done wrong, Sandusky said, "I shouldn't have showered with those kids." -- 2011

[H]er then-11-year-old son came home with hair wet from showering with Sandusky. At the end of the second conversation, Sandusky was told he could not see the boy anymore. "I understand," State College Detective Ronald Schreffler testified Sandusky said. "I was wrong." -- 1998

Predatory pedophiles (PPs, let's call 'em, as Sandusky is alleged to be) don't ever "learn their lesson." Or if they do it's just for a brief period of remorse and embarrassment before the same urges take over again. So the PP, if not stopped, "learns his lesson" again and again.

It's a bit like Mark Twain's statement that quitting smoking is easy, and he'd proved it many times.

I think people alleged to be enablers may not be bad people at all, but they simply under-appreciate the compulsion motivating the perp -- so that all half-measures and talkings-to, the levers that work in their normal experience, won't work as containment for a PP.

It certainly didn't work by taking away the keys to the PSU football locker room in 2002 (while continuing to allow access at satellite PSU campuses; shades of the priests being moved around). Half measures. "Let's deal with it in-house."

IMO a PP can't help what he does, or at least what he's very strongly tempted to do when the opportunity presents itself or can be arranged. While that consideration may cut against some types of condemnation, i.e. that the PP is "evil," it also cuts absolutely in favor of stopping him by removing his freedom to be around kids -- which generally means removing him from society.

And that's why stronger reporting laws will be a crucial positive outcome of this case.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
i'm no laywer, but if you witness a crime, aren't you legally obligated to report it?

Generally no, unless you fall under a specific mandatory reporting requirement (e.g., doctors, teachers, nurses, etc., with child abuse).

JS

Reaction Score
i'm no laywer, but if you witness a crime, aren't you legally obligated to report it? or if i see someone being murdered but i'm able to stop the attacker from finishing, it's cool to just walk away and let the victim bleed to death? after all, i made sure i stopped the attacker...
Google Kitty Genovese, and follow that issue forward.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Asked if there was anything he had done wrong, Sandusky said, "I shouldn't have showered with those kids." -- 2011

[H]er then-11-year-old son came home with hair wet from showering with Sandusky. At the end of the second conversation, Sandusky was told he could not see the boy anymore. "I understand," State College Detective Ronald Schreffler testified Sandusky said. "I was wrong." -- 1998

Predatory pedophiles (PPs, let's call 'em, as Sandusky is alleged to be) don't ever "learn their lesson." Or if they do it's just for a brief period of remorse and embarrassment before the same urges take over again. So the PP, if not stopped, "learns his lesson" again and again.

It's a bit like Mark Twain's statement that quitting smoking is easy, and he'd proved it many times.

I think people alleged to be enablers may not be bad people at all, but they simply under-appreciate the compulsion motivating the perp -- so that all half-measures and talkings-to, the levers that work in their normal experience, won't work as containment for a PP.

It certainly didn't work by taking away the keys to the PSU football locker room in 2002 (while continuing to allow access at satellite PSU campuses; shades of the priests being moved around). Half measures. "Let's deal with it in-house."

IMO a PP can't help what he does, or at least what he's very strongly tempted to do when the opportunity presents itself or can be arranged. While that consideration may cut against some types of condemnation, i.e. that the PP is "evil," it also cuts absolutely in favor of stopping him by removing his freedom to be around kids -- which generally means removing him from society.

And that's why stronger reporting laws will be a crucial positive outcome of this case.
All excellent points. It is an uncontrolable compulsion for PPs. It must be dealt with in the strongest measures. Sadly, many PPs are very charismatic and charming people very capable of supplying all sorts of "reasonable" rationalizations.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Just howthehell do you touch a 10-year-old's legs in a shower "in a non-sexual way"? sheesh!

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Sandusky struggled to answer Costas' question about whether he's sexually attracted to boys. He eventually denied it but that was the most poignant Q&A in that interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom