Jerome Dyson | The Boneyard

Jerome Dyson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Saw this on Twitter, thought I should share:

@JoeyBrander: Former UConn star Jerome Dyson has simply been dominating the D-League so far, averaging 23, 3.5 ast and 4.5 reb. Should be in the NBA soon

Good for Jerome. He's probably considered too small for the NBA, but I'm sure as hell rooting for him to make it.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

@JoeyBrander: Former UConn star Jerome Dyson has simply been dominating the D-League so far, averaging 23, 3.5 ast and 4.5 reb. Should be in the NBA soon

Good for Jerome. He's probably considered too small for the NBA, but I'm sure as hell rooting for him to make it.
Good for JD. Hope he makes it to the NBA. Have to give him credit for trying.

Those numbers are very similar to what he did the first third of his senior year. Had to say this to keep up my friendly tete a tete with Prezident!:)

All kidding aside he actually was one of two players in Div I averaging 20, 5 and 5, the first third of his senior season, before he was moved from the 2g to the 1g and most of the board was talking him up. And then the season turned bad and he became the scapegoat.

Four games ago DD was the next super wing and people were concerned about RS. Now DD is an after thought and RB is the new boy toy.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
saw this too... was going to post it but didn't know how people would react

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

i saw it retweeted by Durant

Reaction Score
saw this too... was going to post it but didn't know how people would react
Regardless of anyone's feelings towards his career at UConn, the more players we have in the NBA, the better for the program going forward.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Regardless of anyone's feelings towards his career at UConn, the more players we have in the NBA, the better for the program going forward.
yeah true, i know last year stix was going to be called up to the rockets but had a staph infection

Reaction Score

While normally I'd agree with you, I can guarantee our 2011 NC will do more in the immediate future than the number of players we have in the NBA. I doubt if Jerome Dyson was able to get into the NBA that the recruits would know or really care. The upcoming recruits didn't idolize Dyson.

They idolize Kemba duck**** Walker. And as far as I'm concerned, when Kemba is in the NBA, he'll be worth 5 lesser known names from UConn who are still in the NBA.

Reaction Score
It was pretty disappointing how the second half of his senior year went but I would imagine every UConn fan would root for Jerome making the nba and being successful in life.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
It was pretty disappointing how the second half of his senior year went but I would imagine every UConn fan would root for Jerome making the nba and being successful in life.
You would think this, but unfortunately, you would be wrong.

Reaction Score
For better or worse....He was a Husky! He drove us crazy with his stupid decisions with the basketball and dazzled us with glimpses of stardom.... He did graduate which is a plus.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
While normally I'd agree with you, I can guarantee our 2011 NC will do more in the immediate future than the number of players we have in the NBA. I doubt if Jerome Dyson was able to get into the NBA that the recruits would know or really care. The upcoming recruits didn't idolize Dyson.

They idolize Kemba duck**** Walker. And as far as I'm concerned, when Kemba is in the NBA, he'll be worth 5 lesser known names from UConn who are still in the NBA.
don't forget ray, rip and caron

Reaction Score
Gottlieb tweeted that the Thunder love his defense and that he will be in OKC soon. Who knows if he knows jack but he is from OKC. I sure hope he's right.

Reaction Score

"For better or worse....He was a Husky! He drove us crazy with his stupid decisions with the basketball and dazzled us with glimpses of stardom.... He did graduate which is a plus."

I honestly believe JD didn't deserve all the he got from the boneyard.

Reaction Score
Gottlieb tweeted that the Thunder love his defense and that he will be in OKC soon. Who knows if he knows jack but he is from OKC. I sure hope he's right.
For once, I hope Gottlieb is right!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
"For better or worse....He was a Husky! He drove us crazy with his stupid decisions with the basketball and dazzled us with glimpses of stardom.... He did graduate which is a plus."

I honestly believe JD didn't deserve all the **** he got from the boneyard.
Another player who got a lot of grief was Taliek. Kid played through turf toe and his best friend getting murdered. He was part of a NC and yet got no love by a lot of fans. He did nothing during his time wearing a Uconn uniform that people can point to and say he was a bad person.
JC loved him but he, like JD, was not a fan favorite.

Reaction Score
I think Taliek was polarizing. He had plenty of us in his corner, and some who would say "see, I told you we can't win with him" every time we lost. There are even some who, after he won a title, pointed to his one off game in the whole tournament (Duke) and said we won in spite of him. He's still picking pieces of Jarrett Jack out of his teeth, and the Alabama point guard had something like two points and two assists in the Elite Eight, but since he had a rough day against Duke, some people think we won the title without him.

Reaction Score

I think the one guy who got the same arguably unfair treatment was Albie Mouring. People wanted Mouring to be something he wasn't as a senior - i.e. more than a complementary piece and a guy who could take over games. When the two senior seasons faded into the NIT, they became the fall guys. Mouring at least had the ring as a complementary piece in 1999, whereas Dyson perhaps could have had one in 2009 if he stayed healthy (we'll never know). Had there been a Boneyard back then, Scott Burrell might have dealt with the same thing (his senior year was an NIT year when fans were hoping he'd be a superstar and his limitations showed through).

Reaction Score

Yeah, I never understood why people on this board rooted so hard for Stanley, but trashed Dyson (who was about 100 times the player) for being the sole reason that 2009-10 team failed.

But then again, there's people on this board who post things like "Drummond is a bust" after two games, "this team is horrible" after a November loss, and "Stanley Robinson isn't a Big East caliber athlete" (that dude still tries to argue that point), so I guess I shouldn't take anything the dimwits on here say seriously.

Reaction Score
I liked Stanley, too. They never officially gave reasons for his sabbatical, but reading between the lines, he probably had some bouts with clinical depression -- and easily could have folded up the tents and returned home. It really took being a man to fight through his issues, work in that scrap metal factory and fight his way back onto the team. He got better on the court - he developed a nice little mid-range game (he loved the bank shot as a senior), but he just didn't find ways to harness all of his raw ability. He did play hard and I never really questioned his effort, and I would love to see him make it in the NBA so he doesn't have the added burden in his life of coming so close to his dream and falling short. I usually tend not to look at it as having to be in one player's camp and blaming another - they all share in the success, and when things go wrong, it's usually a collective problem with the team construction or a missing piece or just one of those years when nothing seems to go right and you find ways to lose. I've only really been mad at kids who messed up badly off the court, or who on the court didn't seem to work hard or were overtly selfish, And by selfish, I mean stuff like not hustling back after a missed shot or turnover, sulking after not getting the ball, etc., not simply forcing shots or trying to do too much, since that's more of a basketball issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom