Jeremy Lamb's year summed up in one play | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jeremy Lamb's year summed up in one play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This was after he "stole" the ball from a guy standing there with 5 seconds left in the game running out the clock. Very nice.... yeesh...

boing.gif

Reaction Score
Wow, how fitting. Just a dud in every sense of the word.

He is the worst of Rudy Gay and the worst of Jerome Dyson all in one package.

All the talent in the world but just no competitiveness at all.

Oh, hush your mouth. This is a kid who has struggled to understand how good he is. He didn't start as a junior in high school. He was a mid-level recruit. Last year he played off Kemba. This year, he struggled trying to take on the role of "the man". His teammates - also struggling to figure things out post-Kemba - didn't exactly help in this regard.

He's a very talented guy. I hope he comes back, but if he doesn't I wish him the best.

But the bottom line is that if Jeremy Lamb had never stepped on campus, we never would have won #3. Period.

Reaction Score
That failed windmill pretty much sums up his season. I'm sure he feels much worse than any of us, despite how personally we may take this season. Maybe if he showed more emotion, fans would feel differently, but that's just not the makeup of this kid. And he is still a kid - that is about to enter a man's world. I think both he and Drummond aren't ready, and will need good people around them to help them transition to the NBA.

Reaction Score
I don't think you can compare Jeremy to Jerome at all.... Rudy maybe, but Jerome def not...

People want Jeremy to be something he's not- he's a shooting guard who needs to work off the ball, as he did last year. He needs a guy like kemba to be the man while he makes 3's and gets to the middle for his floater when they can't send 2 defenders his way...

Jeremy is a great player, but he doesn't have the mentality of a ben gordon or even a ray/rip....

some people are going a little nutso here trying to rip jeremy.... he missed a dunk at the end he shouldn't have taken... so what.... be more upset about the bad 3's shabazz and jeremy took when we were down by 6

I don't think people are trying to rip into the guy personally. It's just the whole steel was unnecessary and showed bad sportsmanship. Not to mention he missed it which just looked foolish on top of that. If he had made it he would have just looked like a bully.

Reaction Score
I don't think people are trying to rip into the guy personally. It's just the whole steel was unnecessary and showed bad sportsmanship. Not to mention he missed it which just looked foolish on top of that. If he had made it he would have just looked like a bully.
understandable... but it's one play and i'm sure he was frustrated.... doesn't mean he single-handedly tanked a season a la jerome...

he was the wingman on a NC team last year... and we did lose our best player and undisputed leader from that team.... that's what hurt us more than anything i think... that sums up our season more

Reaction Score
People perceive lambs nonchalance as not caring. I'm sure he cares very much but I don't blame people for thinking other wise

Reaction Score
I don't think you can compare Jeremy to Jerome at all.... Rudy maybe, but Jerome def not...

People want Jeremy to be something he's not- he's a shooting guard who needs to work off the ball, as he did last year. He needs a guy like kemba to be the man while he makes 3's and gets to the middle for his floater when they can't send 2 defenders his way...

Jeremy is a great player, but he doesn't have the mentality of a ben gordon or even a ray/rip....

some people are going a little nutso here trying to rip jeremy.... he missed a dunk at the end he shouldn't have taken... so what.... be more upset about the bad 3's shabazz and jeremy took when we were down by 6

You hit the nail on the head. The hate for him is out of line IMO and I'm not one to protect every player that puts on a Husky uniform. He's nothing like Jerome or Rudy IMO. Rudy was in another stratosphere talent-wise but I'm not too hard on his time here anyway. Dyson loafed, had a terrible basketball IQ, fooled half our fanbase into thinking he was some tough/warrior-type and made bone-headed plays on the regular.

It's simple IMO, most of fanbase had ridiculous expectations for Lamb coming into this season. He had an extreme up-and-down freshman year and then had a great run last March as Kemba's wingman. Almost all of his looks were created by Kemba, after Kemba broke down the initial defense. He shot a ridiculous % last March because of Kemba. The funny thing is that even last year people were getting on him, in a semi-joking way, for not looking for his shot enough. The same carried over to this year, only this year it was out of necessity.

Fast forward to this season - being THE guy is an entirely different animal obviously. Lamb isn't great at creating his own shot, has never been able to get to the FT line with any sort of regularity and he was in a shooting slump most of the year. And of course the opposition focused on stopping him all year. He's a nice college player for sure, but he's not one of our all-time studs that will tear up any defense. There is no way I'd classify him as "having all the talent in the world." He still needs to put on weight, learn to get to the line, improve his driving ability, etc. I would have liked to see him be more aggressive like everyone else on here but geez, he's a 19 year old kid still learning to play the game. If he decides to go pro I'll remember his UConn career fondly. And he'll be just fine in the NBA as a role player given the nature of the pro game. That being said I would not take him in the lottery of I'm an NBA GM.

Reaction Score
I think a contributing factor to jeremys disappointing play this year was the fact that we didn't have a legitimate 2 gaurd behind.him. there were times last year when he would struggle defensively fighting through screens and JC would bench him (Texas game). Add to that the boatright suspensions Jeremy could get away with his lack of effort on defense without worrying about losing minutes to someone else, just my thoughts

Reaction Score
The man is content with his one ring. Guess he didn't care to have his number retired.

Reaction Score
it wasn't just the dunk, his play this whole season has been insignificant. don't throw meaningless stats at me either

Reaction Score
People perceive lambs nonchalance as not caring. I'm sure he cares very much but I don't blame people for thinking other wise
His attempted dunk at the end of the game proves he didn't care deep down. He wasn't upset about the loss, obviously.

Reaction Score
That last play was petty and embarrassing. It reeked of poor sportsmanship. Not many players would do that. Steal the ball when a team is simply dribbling out the clock with the game already won. Simply petty and disappointing.

I had such fond memories of Lamb's floaters, 3s, dunks, stretch-armstrong-snatch-rebounds, etc. That play just tainted it all for me. Over time that will fade and the good will be remembered. Just very dissapointed with him. I heard a story about how he wouldn't sign something for some guys kid even when his teammates encouraged him to stop and do so. I didn't want to believe that and chalk it up to maybe it was just a bad day, but his demeanor during the season and that last play makes me wonder about his character. I hope he is and/or grows into a special person who looks out for the good of others even when it costs him some. A lot of athletes are like that giving a lot of their time, energies and emotions. Guys like Ray Allen. Okay, I'm spiraling here, but that last play really bothered me.

Reaction Score
That last play was petty and embarrassing. It reeked of poor sportsmanship. Not many players would do that. Steal the ball when a team is simply dribbling out the clock with the game already won. Simply petty and disappointing.

I had such fond memories of Lamb's floaters, 3s, dunks, stretch-armstrong-snatch-rebounds, etc. That play just tainted it all for me. Over time that will fade and the good will be remembered. Just very dissapointed with him. I heard a story about how he wouldn't sign something for some guys kid even when his teammates encouraged him to stop and do so. I didn't want to believe that and chalk it up to maybe it was just a bad day, but his demeanor during the season and that last play makes me wonder about his character. I hope he is and/or grows into a special person who looks out for the good of others even when it costs him some. A lot of athletes are like that giving a lot of their time, energies and emotions. Guys like Ray Allen. Okay, I'm spiraling here, but that last play really bothered me.
Hate to say this, but he's not humble, if that's what you're wondering. Crazy to watch people tear up Andre when he seems to be a humble, quality person. But I guess spectator sports are more important than character these days. The same people tearing apart Andre fed Jeremy's ego.

Reaction Score
I think it's very difficult to speculate on a player's "real life" personality without actually knowing the person. We may have an idea one way or another, but I think it's unfair to speculate.

Reaction Score
That's idiotic.

He was frustrated, he tried to throw one down.

Big duck*ing deal.

Some of you people are unf***ing believable.
You see his reaction after the missed dunk?

You can calm down now.

I am not crying over this season or any other season.

Speak for yourself when you say some people are unf**king believable. ;)

Reaction Score
While Jeremy missed a dunk that further embarrassed UConn fans and probably JC, it was Shabazz, not Jeremy, who showed no class and "stole" the ball and passed it to JL .
Did anyone ask Hoiberg or JC for their reaction in the post game pressers?

Reaction Score
While Jeremy missed a dunk that further embarrassed UConn fans and probably JC, it was Shabazz, not Jeremy, who showed no class and "stole" the ball and passed it to JL .
Did anyone ask Hoiberg or JC for their reaction in the post game pressers?
I guess you have a point there. I'll take back whatever I said.

Reaction Score
Caught that too. Bazz should have just backed off. Whatcha gonna do? They're college kids venting frustration.

Reaction Score
The 19-20 year old players line is getting really tired.

Can I not criticize Kyrie Irving or Bismack Biyombo? They're both 19. Is it different because they're in the League? If so, why? They're still 19 regardless. This isn't t-ball. Not everyone gets a trophy and told that they did a great job.

Can someone let me know at what age criticism is allowed? It obviously doesn't coincide with the age at which you can be drafted, so is it the legal drinking age? At 21 are you mature enough accept criticism from an online message board? Or maybe we should hold off until they're around 25. Wouldn't want to damage those fragile psyches. And what if you're around the same age as the "kids" that you're posting about. Does that change anything? I guess by some people's logic, a poster calling out another poster, who happens to be college aged, would make them just as guilty.

Can somebody give me some definitive answers, I know we have a businesslawyer on this board, but is anyone registered under the name 'licensedtherapist' that could help out?

Please excuse me, it's 4 am and I'm losing my mind, what were we talking about again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom