OT: - Jeopardy | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Jeopardy

Reaction Score
Here in Virginia, they moved the episodes around the draft as well. They started advertising as early as monday that Thursday's episode would be moved up a half hour and Friday's episode is on tonight.

Last Friday, people complained because they moved it to Saturday, because they were reporting about tornadoes being on the ground and covering the weather instead of airing Jeopardy.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
as compared to an area that worships ben rothliesburger. sure.

There are plenty of dim bulbs here and I've always been appalled at Rapistburger, and Steelers worship in general. But at least the folks out here that wanted to watch Jeopardy got to see it in its usual time slot. What's CT's excuse? Jeopardy ratings are through the roof. Giants fans running the show out there now?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
There are plenty of dim bulbs here and I've always been appalled at Rapistburger, and Steelers worship in general. But at least the folks out here that wanted to watch Jeopardy got to see it in its usual time slot. What's CT's excuse? Jeopardy ratings are through the roof. Giants fans running the show out there now?

I’m pretty sure our excuse would be that Jeopardy is on our ABC affiliate. In Pittsburgh it’s on NBC.

Scathing indictment.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I’m pretty sure our excuse would be that Jeopardy is on our ABC affiliate. In Pittsburgh it’s on NBC.

Scathing indictment.

Obviously your ABC affiliate doesn't think highly of your regional demographic.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

or they know we are smart enough to set our dvrs because only a madman watches jeopardy in real time.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I was surprised to see round two of the draft being broadcast during prime time on one of the majors. I don’t recall that before. I would be even more surprised if it was broadcast here and not there. Was it not on your ABC affiliate?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I was surprised to see round two of the draft being broadcast during prime time on one of the majors. I don’t recall that before. I would be even more surprised if it was broadcast here and not there. Was it not on your ABC affiliate?

I have no clue what our ABC station airs between 7-7:30. I only know it's not Jeopardy. So we here in Whaler's stupidland, we didn't have to even think about options.

Come to think of it, other than local news and Kimmel, I have no idea what ABC airs at any hour these days.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I have no clue what our ABC station airs between 7-7:30. I only know it's not Jeopardy. So we here in Whaler's stupidland didn't have to even think about options.

Come to think of it, other than local news and Kimmel, I have no idea what ABC airs at any hour these days.

Pittsburgh is fine - you are the one who came after us for having Jeopardy on an ABC affiliate. It’s way weirder you watch in real time with the interviews.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
or they know we are smart enough to set our dvrs because only a madman watches jeopardy in real time.

When you get someone like James on the show, I'd say it's the opposite - only a madman wouldn't watch in real time.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
When you get someone like James on the show, I'd say it's the opposite - only a madman wouldn't watch in real time.

I’m sure he wins every day until the break - they wrapped up the season already. I liked watching Ken Jennings but a runaway everyday gets tedious.

They should start a second Jeopardy with Jacob, Jennings, Colby, Buzzy, James and a handful of other champions and play it like the Premier League. 15 players, you play once a week - relegate the bottom two and bring in the two best from the standard show for the next season.

Watching Man City drub the Pittsburgh Riverhounds every night gets old.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Is today the day? Best game since he started.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Nope. He’ll get this if I did.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Tantalizingly close.

Sucks to be sitting with >$50K and come in 2nd and only get $2,000.

(I let J! bleed into Wheel of Fortune, which I usually don't watch, but man, there is an amazing set of knockers on the contestant on the right... I might have to keep watching.)

Reaction Score
Tantalizingly close.

Sucks to be sitting with >$50K and come in 2nd and only get $2,000.

(I let J! bleed into Wheel of Fortune, which I usually don't watch, but man, there is an amazing set of knockers on the contestant on the right... I might have to keep watching.)

Can you not spoil this please???

Here in Indiana it airs at 730, not 7.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Here's what my comment said: close game, two players had more than $50K.

No mention of who won or lost.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Yeah Alex Jacob is the one who made boucing around the categories an obvious winning strategy.

It’s cringeworthy when some on goes to the top row without all the daily doubles uncovered now.

Not just about the DDs either. Jumping around forces others to think on their feet quicker. You can't get into a rhythm on a category. If you're able to think quick, you can capitalize.

Other big winners say the most important thing is getting the buzzer dialed in. The timing of it. There's a bit of skill to it. You sometimes have to buzz in before you've even really processed the question.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Not just about the DDs either. Jumping around forces others to think on their feet quicker. You can't get into a rhythm on a category. If you're able to think quick, you can capitalize.

Other big winners say the most important thing is getting the buzzer dialed in. The timing of it. There's a bit of skill to it. You sometimes have to buzz in before you've even really processed the question.
The best part about today is that it was the first time that it seemed that the other contestants were adjusting their strategies in an attempt to beat him. Quicker buzzers and going for higher value answers right off the bat. And James getting—and missing—the daily double out of the gate definitely set him off-kilter.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
you cant spoil jeopardy unless you post the answers. the point is playing along any yelling at the diaco like strategy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom