OT: - Jeopardy Host Search | The Boneyard

OT: Jeopardy Host Search

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
We just finished up last season's Jeopardy. They really saved the best for last. Nobody was better than Joe Buck. I wonder if he wants the gig?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I hear Randy Edsall has some free time on his hands these days…

“What is the Louisiana compact?”

“No, I’m sorry, that was a good effort but you are young and you just didn’t execute.”

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
The way Aaron Rodgers is playing so far...

Too bad about Richards' behavior. I thought he was a top 3. I wasn't a fan of Blossom or Buck. Burton screwed up a lot. I think my top three were Richards, Whittaker, and Couric, IIRC. Dr. Oz was in a category of his own for awful. Also didn't like Jennings, something about him rubs me the wrong way. fwiw, Buzzy did a pretty good job with the college championship.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Fk Joe Buck please don’t ruin my 7:30 appointment with that arrogant pos.
I was no Buck fan at all going in. But it didn't take long to realize he was the smoothest and most natural of all of them. I'm stunned. I think I have Buzzy next.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I still vote for Aaron Rodgers.

Reaction Score
They’ll never be able to hire anyone because the second they try, the super online nerds will instantly search and find some Twitter post that deeply offends them.
Bingo. Then the people who cancelled him/her will get cancelled for something they posted when they were 12.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Matt Amodio still laying waste to the competition. 24 or 25 consecutive wins. A woman this week had him, too, but whiffed on Final Jeopardy.

I suddenly went from rooting against him to rooting for. Very likeable guy. From New Haven.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I applaud Americans for putting this much energy in to the AT replacement.

I didn't think collectively we had enough faux outrage to rip through candidate after candidate, but by golly don't underestimate the will of Americans.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
I don't like the brain pill lady. Bring back Joe Buck you could tell he hated hearing those nerds tell their little fun facts.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I applaud Americans for putting this much energy in to the AT replacement.

I didn't think collectively we had enough faux outrage to rip through candidate after candidate, but by golly don't underestimate the will of Americans.
I don’t know why they don’t just pick a nobody. The game is the attraction, not the host.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I thought Katie Couric did a tremendous job

Richards was very decent (as a host)

Gupta was OK, kiinda interesting.

I HATE Mayim Bialik. horrible
Dr. Oz made me actually turn off the show once.
Robin Roberts, mediocre.

I like Ken Jennings but not as the host.

want Levar Burton to be better than he was, he was just OK.

Anderson Cooper was underwhelming.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Matt Amodio still laying waste to the competition. 24 or 25 consecutive wins. A woman this week had him, too, but whiffed on Final Jeopardy.

I suddenly went from rooting against him to rooting for. Very likeable guy. From New Haven.
Couple times since last week I actually thought he was intentionally taking a dive. Maybe he was just playing around to see how far into the game he could go before "turning it on". He'd miss some really easy questions in the first round so it would look competitive, then in the second round, give correct answers to questions no white college guy from CT should have any business knowing.

borninansonia

Neandertal
Reaction Score
A friend of mine who works in Burbank said that the producers, working with 25 years of tape and AI (artificial intelligence), will bring back Alex Trebek as the host.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I don’t know why they don’t just pick a nobody. The game is the attraction, not the host.
Coincidentally, I'm currently listening to some old Norm Macdonald call-ins to Dennis Miller's show. It occurred to me I'd love to see Miller do Jeopardy for a week. It would either be the most cringe-worthy week in Jeopardy history or pretty damned funny. But now I want to see it.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
people watch Jeopardy?

What is "yes"?

I'm as confused as you are. Seems like there is still a group of people who watch it on TV at its scheduled time. No streaming, no DVR'ing and watching later.

I honestly just thought it was reruns. Turns out Wheel of Fortune churns out new shows too.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
A friend of mine who works in Burbank said that the producers, working with 25 years of tape and AI (artificial intelligence), will bring back Alex Trebek as the host.
Or maybe a video link with Walt Disney's head from Orlando.

Reaction Score
I'd love to see a Jennings, Holzhauer, Amodio match battled out over the course of a week. It would be epic.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom