Jeff Jacobs with a bucket of cold water | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Jeff Jacobs with a bucket of cold water

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Oh brother... not all that again. How did initiating the idea of suing leagues. commissioners, schools, etc work out the last time for Uconn football's advancement ? Even suggesting on message boards that Uconn football should consider lawsuits again if things don't go their way is not helpful to Uconn's football quest to get themselves to a P5 Conf. league. But thats just me 2 cents worth here as an outsider looking in.

I don't care what happened the last time. If UCONN, who wants to play in a P5 conference AND has demonstrated that it can financially support very competitive athletics at the highest level, can prove that they are being unfairly shut out from competing, then , UCONN should sue. Not just UCONN either. This should go for any school that wants in and has shown a history of success.

It's not just about football program growth. We are also talking about the continued growth of our state's flagship and local economies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Who are we supposed to sue in this instance?

Everyone?

It's a non-starter.

Reaction Score
I didn't threaten you (or anyone else here ) with any" cheap shot"( as far as I can tell anyway from my reread of my own remarks). If you took my remarks as " a cheapshot ", I'm sorry that you took it that way, as that certainly was not my intent at all. If you believe that a future lawsuit should be considered if Uconn football does not get into a P5 conf, you are entitled to that assessment as a possible consideration. But I don't believe that its a " cheap shot " if I suggest to you that such a consideration ( and using history as our guide ) of a future lawsuit would be anything but counterproductive to Uconn football's future aspirations.
You are a BC insurgent. You cannot be trusted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104
Top Bottom