Jeff Jacobs: As the season dies, it’s worth asking if UConn football is worth keeping alive? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Jeff Jacobs: As the season dies, it’s worth asking if UConn football is worth keeping alive?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I don't know - but once the field has been built I will feel compelled to go to a softball game and sit next to it. One of my buddies bought the other one.

(that's what happens when you go out drinking and decide f-it! let's buy foul poles!)

Alcohol: making men think only about their poles since 3045 BC... :eek:

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I don't know - but once the field has been built I will feel compelled to go to a softball game and sit next to it.
If the athletic department falls on harder times, they may ask you to do the upkeep on your pole. Hope you're not afraid of heights.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
The "football drives the bus" guys have been wrong every step of the way, and are responsible for the current condition of UConn athletics.
We'll be Georgetown without FBS football.

Georgetown hasn't been relavant in many years.

Reaction Score
For starters, the program needs to cut costs and reduce the $6 million it loses annually. Also, no more away games that require airfare. Can you imagine the cost to fly everybody, football equipment, hotel, food. Fly to Tusla or Florida and lose by 40 and not be competitive. Going forward, only bus trips, play BC, Syracuse, Rhode Island, UMASS, schools in the Northeast. Reduce the number of scholarships from 85 to 65 since there are at least 20 players that don't dirty their uniforms in 4 years and I don't feel like subsidizing athletic scholarships each worth $250,000 over 4 years for waving a towel on the sidelines.

Reaction Score
For starters, the program needs to cut costs and reduce the $6 million it loses annually. Also, no more away games that require airfare. Can you imagine the cost to fly everybody, football equipment, hotel, food. Fly to Tusla or Florida and lose by 40 and not be competitive. Going forward, only bus trips, play BC, Syracuse, Rhode Island, UMASS, schools in the Northeast. Reduce the number of scholarships from 85 to 65 since there are at least 20 players that don't dirty their uniforms in 4 years and I don't feel like subsidizing athletic scholarships each worth $250,000 over 4 years for waving a towel on the sidelines.

You sure you know how this conference stuff works?

Reaction Score

Hell why not go D2 and play New Haven, Trinity and Tuft...and have the state sell the Rent...serves two things... the State can raise money on the sale of the Rent and we don't need to embarrass ourselves on TV...

I'm joking...and I hope LouieLouie is, too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom