JC Technicak Foul | The Boneyard

JC Technicak Foul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I dont know about a technicak foul but I think JC got a technical foul after shabazz got smacked and roscoe got ran into after a rebound. ;)

Reaction Score
It was a called charge when the defender was clearly in the circle.

Reaction Score
^^ Both are wrong. Rakim Sanders jumped on Olander's back, after he had already secured the rebound.JC thought it was a foul and let the ref know how he felt.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
^^ Both are wrong. Rakim Sanders jumped on Olander's back, after he had already secured the rebound.JC thought it was a foul and let the ref know how he felt.
This was the play. But it was an incidental play. Sanders turned and started running back on d and accidently ran into TO. It was not a play to get excited about. Furthermore the team was starting to play well and just went up by twelve for the biggest lead in the game.

This was JC's worst coaching game in two seasons imo. No way to prove anything, but it was my opinion JC let his upcoming three game suspension get the best of him and it bled through in this game.

Reaction Score
I'm in agreement with that. JC pulled Alex after he made a nice block on a layup that set a weird tone early in the second half. That game seemed so fragmented, and JC just seemed even more upset than usual. The suspension must have really gotten to him.

Reaction Score
This was the play. But it was an incidental play. Sanders turned and started running back on d and accidently ran into TO. It was not a play to get excited about.

That's the play I thought ticked him off. I was surprised because to me it was a good no call, and certainly not worthy of a reaction to get a T (strategically or not). Maybe he is stressed out, with the suspension.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Fairfield was all jumping on UConn's back and the refs were all 'that's cool'. So JC said, 'what's up with that?" And the refs said, 'take a chill pill and go to Hilton Head already, old man'.

Then, JC lost his s*** and yelled, 'I'm 6'6", 250! Say that to my face!'

It was crazy.

Reaction Score
Did I miss something? Always possible (probable??). But did I not see the ball in-bounded by Huskies immediately following the foul shots??

Reaction Score
All I remember is Calhoun saying to the ref, "Ya got rabbit ears"

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Fairfield was all jumping on UConn's back and the refs were all 'that's cool'. So JC said, 'what's up with that?" And the refs said, 'take a chill pill and go to Hilton Head already, old man'.

It was crazy.
OK that was too funny

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
The best part was when JC pulled on his ears to indicate that the ref has rabbit ears. LOL. That deserved a "T" more than anything that happened before it.

Reaction Score

It was crazy.

Wow, I never realized the connection! How far is Hilton Head from South Tampa?

Reaction Score
Calhoun must have had an early flight out to SC last night because when he did his 'rabbit ears' trick he was clearly trying to get ejected and head for the airport...;)

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It was funny later on when, after a scrum, JC gets right in the middle of it under the hoop. The Fairfield coach starts walking toward the crowd and one of the refs stops him, telling him to get back in the coaches box. He puts out his hands and gives a look like, "WTF!"

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
It was funny later on when, after a scrum, JC gets right in the middle of it under the hoop. The Fairfield coach starts walking toward the crowd and one of the refs stops him, telling him to get back in the coaches box. He puts out his hands and gives a look like, "WTF!"

To which the ref replied, "you're about 800 wins short of that long a leash, son."

Reaction Score
It was a called charge when the defender was clearly in the circle.

He would've been justified getting a T there, because that call was absolute trash. (Maybe not justified because a T there would've been detrimental, but that call was garbage).

I was sitting several rows behind the UConn bench last night, but I noticed that he was riding Alex real hard after pulling him. At one point when he seemed to be extolling the players to stop sulking he outright mocked Alex's body language on the bench, mimicing his arms-crossed posture before giving a dismissive hand gesture.

I'm interested to see what happens with Oriakhi during Calhoun's suspension. He's obviously had success with Calhoun before, so I'm not saying he's not able to work with him, but if there is one player I'd think might benefit from Blaney's lighter touch it would be him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom