JC Distancing Himself | Page 8 | The Boneyard

JC Distancing Himself

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
How you people engage Chief as if he is some kind of UConn know it all. UConn's end of the year party for many years when Calhoun was the coach was held at a certain family's home, Chief if you know so much about Calhoun you should know the answer to this.

RoderickSpode

7th Earl of Sidcup
Reaction Score
How you people engage Chief as if he is some kind of UConn know it all. UConn's end of the year party for many years when Calhoun was the coach was held at a certain family's home, Chief if you know so much about Calhoun you should know the answer to this.
Why would Chief want to give away his family’s name?

Reaction Score
He's a great Plan B. But while his legendary status is unquestioned, he's not the future of this program.

swami7774

I know things.
Reaction Score
It will take years to rebuild the program. I'm not sure JC would be more than a 1- or 2-year stopgap.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
He's a great Plan B. But while his legendary status is unquestioned, he's not the future of this program.

A great plan B definately. Just imagine he comes back for a year to fill the void and gets the kids to play with passion/effort and they make it to the NCAAs. What a story that would be......

RoderickSpode

7th Earl of Sidcup
Reaction Score
A big thing we need in order to rebuild the program is a sense of stability. I don’t see how a short term hire of a previously retired coach, with known health issues, would contribute to that. I love JC but let the man be.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
First person to PM me the correct answer to the question, “what kind of car does JC drive” will win the title of Least Casual Fan.
Does he still have the Bentley?

Reaction Score
I’m not going to assume anything about their personal relationship (nor do I care that much about it).

But I think it’s a pretty damning indictment of KO that from a basketball standpoint, he was able to alienate a HOF mentor who literally handpicked him for the job.

Seems to me Ollie didn't like the idea that he only won the Championship because it was Calhoun's recruits. Simplest explanation is usually the right one. Otherwise, why would he try to alienate the guy who literally got him the job?

swami7774

I know things.
Reaction Score
Seems to me Ollie didn't like the idea that he only won the Championship because it was Calhoun's recruits. Simplest explanation is usually the right one. Otherwise, why would he try to alienate the guy who literally got him the job?
JC reinforced that last week with his "...they won with players we recruited" comment. Something really turned sour between those two guys.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Simplest explanation is that, after winning the NC, KO probably thought he knew more than he actually did.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
I don't understand the argument for bringing Calhoun back temporarily. The man is a legend, but he also turns 76 this spring and has been retired for 6 years after chronic health problems. We need to set the program on a course back to stability and certainty. There is nothing more uncertain and less stable to a recruit than not knowing who his coach will be in a year or two. It would be a bad move all around that only prolongs our ongoing plunge. We need to hire the right coach for the future now.

Reaction Score
Simplest explanation is that, after winning the NC, KO probably thought he knew more than he actually did.

I agree with that, too. Hubris. That's the only reason you push somebody like Calhoun out of the way after he got you the damn job with those last minute shenanigans (and the original 9 month contract he got from a very pissed off Warde Manuel, if I recall correctly).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wesw1963

Top Bottom