Jaylen Nowell | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jaylen Nowell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Oz is very very connected. Shocked the staff have not told him to ssssshhhhh.
Hami was a sucker punch to the ribs.
Staff passed or held back on a few nice players with feeling that hami was in the bag.
Heard hami may never play college ball and is more then 50 50 on the nba draft. (My guess is early 2nd round, would be an odd move)
PSA coach said it when he left . He's afraid the wholes in his game will be exposed.

Reaction Score
Fwiw I heard Diallo was in the bag during the visit, this is from someone who has a connection to the staff. I really think they were convinced he was theirs for years, hence why Oz and other insiders kept saying so. I remember the staff also thought they had abu locked up for awhile as well, I suppose kids are hard to read. Hopefully the more aggressive aproach leads to greater success in the future.

Hami was on campus working out with the team most weekends.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Fwiw I heard Diallo was in the bag during the visit, this is from someone who has a connection to the staff. I really think they were convinced he was theirs for years, hence why Oz and other insiders kept saying so. I remember the staff also thought they had abu locked up for awhile as well...
Yup. And we stopped recruiting Bonzie Colson & Bruce Brown because of it.

In a different timeline we're going into next year with Adams-Brown-Larrier-Colson-Facey(RS-Sr) next year. Staff's gotten a lot better at recruiting, but there have been some hard lessons along the way. I'm glad that we're not hesitating to lock up the likes of Carlton, Polley, Cobb, etc even though the recruiting services don't think they're super stars.

If you go back and look at the guys we've offered, the vast majority – even the lower-rated ones – have turned out very well. Talent ID has been good, but prioritization has not been.

Reaction Score

In a different timeline we're going into next year with Adams-Brown-Larrier-Colson-Facey(RS-Sr) next year. Staff's gotten a lot better at recruiting, but there have been some hard -ing lessons along the way. I'm glad that we're not hesitating to lock up the likes of Carlton, Polley, Cobb, etc even though the recruiting services don't think they're super stars.

If you go back and look at the guys we've offered, the vast majority – even the lower-rated ones – have turned out very well. Talent ID has been good, but prioritization has not been.

I think Killings is going to help a lot here. Temple ID'd a lot of good talent while he was there.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Anyone who spends the majority of his time on that barren wasteland that is the Rivals board responding to posts from weeks ago since there's no activity just comes off as strange to me.

Also if you still think diallo was "ours until the last second" wake up.

Reaction Score
Anyone who spends the majority of his time on that barren wasteland that is the Rivals board responding to posts from weeks ago since there's no activity just comes off as strange to me.

There's activity everyday on that board but nice try .

Reaction Score
Oz is very very connected. Shocked the staff have not told him to ssssshhhhh.
Hami was a sucker punch to the ribs.
Staff passed or held back on a few nice players with feeling that hami was in the bag.
Heard hami may never play college ball and is more then 50 50 on the nba draft. (My guess is early 2nd round, would be an odd move)

Yes. He's an extraordinary athlete, but if he doesn't develop a shot (it is genuinely horrible), he won't have the career his ranking suggests.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
You mean like Brimah and shot-blocking?

Honestly, I like this kid's game a lot. Similar size to Diallo, good handle, enough athleticism and a much better shooter. Much better.
Looks like he has some toughness/swag in those videos as well.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score

In a different timeline we're going into next year with Adams-Brown-Larrier-Colson-Facey(RS-Sr) next year. Staff's gotten a lot better at recruiting, but there have been some hard -ing lessons along the way. I'm glad that we're not hesitating to lock up the likes of Carlton, Polley, Cobb, etc even though the recruiting services don't think they're super stars.

THIS X 99,000,000,000,000:

Reaction Score
larrier

Not sure how a 2 or 3 game sample over the past 2 years qualifies him as being a consistent shooter who can create his own shot especially with the level of competition in those games. Now he's coming of a serious injury which could impact his mobility so I'll adopt a wait and see attitude before I'd agree with you.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
Who are u.... ?
A very drunk man.

But let's be honest here, if the other board had anything resembling "activity" none of us would be here on the boneyard as we speak.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

Depends on anyone's definition of "last second" so there is no reason for the wake up retort
Diallo was UConn's until The Squid sold his quack medicine at the 23rd hour
We already have one who considers themself to be this board's "bouncer" - don't need another
If alcohol has that kind of affect on you......................................

BUConn10

Reaction Score
Depends on anyone's definition of "last second" so there is no reason for the wake up retort
Diallo was UConn's until The Squid sold his quack medicine at the 23rd hour
We already have one who considers themself to be this board's "bouncer" - don't need another
If alcohol has that kind of affect on you........
I have no idea what this string of words means. Please go back to finding KO bashers.

Reaction Score
Fwiw I heard Diallo was in the bag during the visit, this is from someone who has a connection to the staff. I really think they were convinced he was theirs for years, hence why Oz and other insiders kept saying so. I remember the staff also thought they had abu locked up for awhile as well, I suppose kids are hard to read. Hopefully the more aggressive aproach leads to greater success in the future.

Have to take the JC approach like he did with KO and not waiting on Travis Best back in the day. Nothing is a guarantee unless they say where do I sign? So if Beatty asked and you ignored then your loss. Not to say he'll be really good, but need to take the solid players who really want to come here. I am sure there were lessons learned!

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I don't really think you could call a lot of what happened a real mistake. He hadled it great then the kid got shaky in the face of the best bs artist. Maybe grab one of those other players when you don't get a full commitment. But he is a good recruiter. They all miss on occassion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom