Jaylen Nowell | The Boneyard

Jaylen Nowell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
With Romar being ousted at UW. This is a guy we should make a call to. Seems li like e what we are looking for

Reaction Score
Likely will stay at UW. Obviously it depends on the coach that's hired. If Will Conroy is retained as an assistant he's likely staying. Cal was his 2nd option with UNC being his dream school. I don't think UConn gets a look from him. Daejon Davis his teammate and fellow commit could be open to anything though.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Love his game, though. Would look really good in National Flag Blue.

Reaction Score
Oz said he's trying to get in touch with this guy. I'm guessing to get an idea if he solid commitment or opening things up.

Said staff is looking for 6'4/5 type playmaker not just a shooter

Reaction Score
Oz said he's trying to get in touch with this guy. I'm guessing to get an idea if he solid commitment or opening things up.

We have enough playmakers, we need a shooter who can also create his own shot.

Reaction Score
We have enough playmakers, we need a shooter who can also create his own shot.

We have a bunch of guys who can make shots, but could use another who is 40 plus from range. I mean if they can bring in a scorer who can rebound I would never say no, but would love some radar.

Reaction Score
We have a bunch of guys who can make shots, but could use another who is 40 plus from range. I mean if they can bring in a scorer who can rebound I would never say no, but would love some radar.

Range is good, but also need someone who can create their own shot. Other than JA, I don't believe we have a proven guy who can do that consistently. Don't know about AG, but neither Vital or Jackson have shown YET that they are that guy.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Range is good, but also need someone who can create their own shot. Other than JA, I don't believe we have a proven guy who can do that consistently. Don't know about AG, but neither Vital or Jackson have shown YET that they are that guy.
larrier

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Ollie prefers a guy who is ok at many things than a guy who is great at one thing.

Doctor Hoop

Reaction Score
Ollie prefers a guy who is ok at many things than a guy who is great at one thing.
You mean like Brimah and shot-blocking?

Honestly, I like this kid's game a lot. Similar size to Diallo, good handle, enough athleticism and a much better shooter. Much better.

Reaction Score

What is the deal with Oz? He is on the other board asking for tips on guys who he can contact. Is this common and really how recruiting works? Random dudes acting as intermediaries reaching out to players to see if they have interest? The whole thing seems so bizarre to me. I know he is connected to KO and have seen them hanging together at the Peach Jam but still.

Reaction Score
What is the deal with Oz? He is on the other board asking for tips on guys who he can contact. Is this common and really how recruiting works? Random dudes acting as intermediaries reaching out to players to see if they have interest? The whole thing seems so bizarre to me. I know he is connected to KO and have seen them hanging together at the Peach Jam but still.
I think he's more connected to the program than people think. If he's reaching out to players then he's been asked to. I doubt he is rogue

Reaction Score
I think he's more connected to the program than people think. If he's reaching out to players then he's been asked to. I doubt he is rogue

I don't think anyone doubts he is connected. The situation is just weird as hell to me so I am wondering if people who are plugged into recruiting know if this is common. I just imagine the looks on a HS kid when they have some random guy named Ozzie calling them and telling them about UCONN.

Reaction Score

Agreed. I have a feeling he might have a lot of AAU connections or something. Seems to go to a lot of high school tournaments and talks with a lot of high school players

Reaction Score
I don't think anyone doubts he is connected. The situation is just weird as hell to me so I am wondering if people who are plugged into recruiting know if this is common. I just imagine the looks on a HS kid when they have some random guy named Ozzie calling them and telling them about UCONN.
True lol. I'm just wondering if Oz is actually apart of the recruiting "team" for a lack of a better word. Or if he is just checking the temperature on some of the guys on his own, and then reporting back to KO who is worth going after. But it is rather peculiar

Reaction Score
True lol. I'm just wondering if Oz is actually apart of the recruiting "team" for a lack of a better word. Or if he is just checking the temperature on some of the guys on his own, and then reporting back to KO who is worth going after. But it is rather peculiar

Yea I wonder as well. He is the only truly connected person who posts on message boards. Other folks I think have connections to loose lipped Glenn Miller and/or his kid.

Reaction Score
Yea I wonder as well. He is the only truly connected person who posts on message boards. Other folks I think have connections to loose lipped Glenn Miller and/or his kid.
Yea Glenn seems to jump the gun a little.

Doctor Hoop

Reaction Score
Glengarry Glen Ross - you have to "get them to sign on the line which is dotted. A-B-C. Always be closing."

Reaction Score

OZ is a friend of the program, so to speak. My impression is he's sort of like the guy that says what the coaches can't type person. He's the SEC equivalent of the old rich guy with a deep drawl who says "I can't promise a Lamborghini in 2 years, but this program sure does love a good football game"

People like to complain about Oz Bc he got diallo wrong. He seems to know whatever the coaches know.

Reaction Score
OZ is a friend of the program, so to speak. My impression is he's sort of like the guy that says what the coaches can't type person. He's the SEC equivalent of the old rich guy with a deep drawl who says "I can't promise a Lamborghini in 2 years, but this program sure does love a good football game"

People like to complain about Oz Bc he got diallo wrong. He seems to know whatever the coaches know.
Anyone who judges Oz on Diallo instead of his very impressive past resume is a bozo

Reaction Score
Anyone who judges Oz on Diallo instead of his very impressive past resume is a bozo

Agreed. The coaches were blindsided.

I think it was '99 who said that Ollie has been way more pushy on the recruiting trail since then. I'd be pissed too if I were him.

Reaction Score
Agreed. The coaches were blindsided.

I think it was '99 who said that Ollie has been way more pushy on the recruiting trail since then. I'd be pissed too if I were him.

Yup. With 48 hours before committing staff thought they still had hami from what i heard. Since there has been a new mission statement on recruiting. No more nice guy....

Reaction Score

Oz is very very connected. Shocked the staff have not told him to ssssshhhhh.
Hami was a sucker punch to the ribs.
Staff passed or held back on a few nice players with feeling that hami was in the bag.
Heard hami may never play college ball and is more then 50 50 on the nba draft. (My guess is early 2nd round, would be an odd move)

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Fwiw I heard Diallo was in the bag during the visit, this is from someone who has a connection to the staff. I really think they were convinced he was theirs for years, hence why Oz and other insiders kept saying so. I remember the staff also thought they had abu locked up for awhile as well, I suppose kids are hard to read. Hopefully the more aggressive aproach leads to greater success in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom