OT: - Jay Young Out At Fairfield | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Jay Young Out At Fairfield

Reaction Score
It does but I could also see a guy like Kimani end up being the next hot coach at Fairfield like Ed Cooley was and parlay that into running his own high level program.
...or He could end up being the next Tom Moore! Lol

Not a shot at Tommy, but select your 1st job wisely. He lasted a decade at QU, but maybe Kimani wants more than that.

Does Kimani have kids going to school in CT? That might be more than enough reason to stick around a while.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score

Not a shot at Tommy, but select your 1st job wisely. He lasted a decade at QU, but maybe Kimani wants more than that.

Does Kimani have kids going to school in CT? That might be more than enough reason to stick around a while.
Maybe for that level for Luke. But Kimani will need a good offer before considering it. He’s a well paid assistant and likes where he’s at. Lots of added nonsense when you move over a seat too, he knows that. Can’t go for just any job.

Reaction Score

Fairfield’s program is looking strong these days isn’t it?

Reaction Score
Fairfield’s program is looking strong these days isn’t it?
Is it? They are having a very good year on the court. But there’s a huge difference between a good basketball team and a program looking strong. Programs don’t become strong merely because they have a good year on the court.

Reaction Score
Is it? They are having a very good year on the court. But there’s a huge difference between a good basketball team and a program looking strong. Programs don’t become strong merely because they have a good year on the court.
Yes I’d say it is. They have found their coach, have a new facility that is regularly full, play an exciting and high scoring style of play, and are near the top of the conference. I’d say things are looking bright.

Reaction Score
I'm genuinely asking this, but does he actually want to be a HC? I mean, making close to $1M/yr at a blue blood as an AHC seems like a dream gig to me...Life at a mid-major for marginally more money and infinitely less job security doesn't seem like a great trade off to me.

Do you want a promotion to be the boss and more money? Kimani is a competitive person, of course he wants his own program.

Reaction Score
Fairfield hired their interim coach Chris Casey, so no UConn asst's headed there.

Chris Casey has fit perfectly with Fairfield.

First the summer trip issue and then multiple injuries, Casey has proven that he's a flexible leader, especially in the variety of ways they can win.

Honestly, I thought Fairfield was a bottom-barrel team, but Fairfield is now my pick to win the MAAC tournament.

Reaction Score
great for Casey!

This is crazy, when I covered the 2002 ccsu team, that went 27-5 and 19-1 NEC here were Howie’s assistants:

Chris Casey
Patrick Sellers
Anthony Latina

Of course, Casey had taken over for Pikiell that year.

That was a great staff back then.
Could Latina be on the hot seat at Sacred Heart? They were picked to win the conference this year and underwhelmed. They finished third and got bounced in the first round of the NEC Tournament. In the 11 years he's been head coach they've never won the regular season and have never made it to the finals of the conference tournament. Lifetime he's 141-193 at SHU. New conference next year (MAAC). Major renovation to their home court next. Could a new coach be in the mix?

Reaction Score
Could Latina be on the hot seat at Sacred Heart? They were picked to win the conference this year and underwhelmed. They finished third and got bounced in the first round of the NEC Tournament. In the 11 years he's been head coach they've never won the regular season and have never made it to the finals of the conference tournament. Lifetime he's 141-193 at SHU. New conference next year (MAAC). Major renovation to their home court next. Could a new coach be in the mix?
I hope not. Anthony is a great guy person and good coach. It’s hard to win at that level. They lost some players to NIL and even still were best teams in the conference.

MAAC is good for them. I am hoping ccsu can also move up for NEC. They need investment in a hoops building though.m

Reaction Score
That’s the rumor that’s been circulating since Latina got a clean slate of assistants last off-season.

With so many fifth-year seniors graduating, it would make sense for a transition. I’m not vouching for it, but just saying the stage is set.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom