Jay Wright: This is the Best BE | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Jay Wright: This is the Best BE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Remember last year when you trolled all year telling us how great the NBE would do in the tournament and how Nova was a legit national title contender? That worked out well for you.

Glad you are back.

P.S. Kenpom has the NBE 5th and AAC 7th.

I'm guessing you don't want to remember last year either. Remember, the conference gave you a home conference tournament and you still ended up in the NIT? How'd that work you for you?

No need to get snarky. The facts in all of this are very simple. UCONN has a wonderful history. The Big East is better than the AAC. We'll watch the rest play out.

Reaction Score
I'm guessing you don't want to remember last year either. Remember, the conference gave you a home conference tournament and you still ended up in the NIT? How'd that work you for you?

No need to get snarky. The facts in all of this are very simple. UCONN has a wonderful history. The Big East is better than the AAC. We'll watch the rest play out.
Remember 1997? That was the year the last time you won an NCAA tournament game.

In case you forgot what the world was like back then here is a refresher for you: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1997

Reaction Score

The Big East is better top to bottom than the AAC it would seem. They will get more teams in but let's see what they do before we get crazy. It's all opinion now but the reality will be in March/April. One never knows.

Another thing is he can get snarky, it's the UConn board and your visiting remember;) Play nice and the respect may show from some, not all.

Reaction Score
Remember 1997? That was the year the last time you won an NCAA tournament game.

In case you forgot what the world was like back then here is a refresher for you: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1997

You are fantastic at moving target discussions. That's what you do when you have little factual to debate about conference strength. Insult and distract, a message board classic.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
You are fantastic at moving target discussions. That's what you do when you have little factual to debate about conference strength. Insult and distract, a message board classic.

I think you've been moving the target, sport.

The topic of the thread was Jay Wright's indefensible statement about this Big East being the best Big East.

Reaction Score
I could care less who is better between the AAC and NBE, all I care about is how UConn does. The fans who need to pump their chest about their conference compared to others are those who root for programs that have never accomplished anything on their own and need the success of others to provide them some self-worth, like say fans of a program who has not won an NCAAT game in 18 years.

I find these fans to be the most sad and pathetic of all.

The NBE is better than the AAC, I hope that helps your self-esteem some, but I would rather be UConn in the MEAC than PC in any conference in the country. I get off on winning games and titles, not where my conferences RPI ranks.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I could care less who is better between the AAC and NBE, all I care about is how UConn does. The fans who need to pump their chest about their conference compared to others are those who root for programs that have never accomplished anything on their own and need the success of others to provide them some self-worth, like say fans of a program who has not won an NCAAT game in 18 years.

The NBE is better than the AAC, I hope that helps your self-esteem some, but I would rather be UConn in the MEAC than PC in any conference in the country. I like winning games and titles, not where my conferences RPI ranks.

It is so true Jerry, I mean the Big East lacked depth for a while as well as teams who could make a run on the tourney at all, besides UConn. Carried the flag for a while and that was fine, because who cares about the rest of them. Reality is I do root for all conference teams when in though, even the Cuse. (during the days)

Reaction Score

The NBE is better than the AAC, I hope that helps your self-esteem some, but I would rather be UConn in the MEAC than PC in any conference in the country. I get off on winning games and titles, not where my conferences RPI ranks.

That's all fair, just not at all the point of the thread. The thread was about conference strength. I suppose you could just litter every thread with UCONN IS AWESOME AND YOU GUYS SUCK!!!!....I mean it's a UCONN board, so I guess it's always on topic to say that. Just not sure the point, if you aren't interested in talking about conferences why you'd spend any time in a thousand post thread about....conferences.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
That's all fair, just not at all the point of the thread. The thread was about conference strength. I suppose you could just litter every thread with UCONN IS AWESOME AND YOU GUYS SUCK!!!!....I mean it's a UCONN board, so I guess it's always on topic to say that. Just not sure the point, if you aren't interested in talking about conferences why you'd spend any time in a thousand post thread about....conferences.
image.png

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
AGAIN, The thread is about Jay Wright's ridiculous statement which you continue to avoid addressing.
The Big East his year is better than when it had 3 teams in the final four? Better than when UConn, Pitt., Syracuse etc battled it out?
Whatever jollies you get by being here, has nothing to do with the topic of the thread which was comparing the real BE to the faux BE

caw

Reaction Score
From the two times I've seen them play, Xavier looks legit. Not a team I'd be excited about playing in March.

I have only watched them twice and the last time their PG was injured. The first being against some scrub team. I admit I don't have a good feel for them at all. Neither time did they look as good as KU and OU right now though.

caw

Reaction Score

Is DePaul still in the BE? Then #10 still sucks. Even you can admit that.

caw

Reaction Score

But it actually isn't about conference strength. It's about the BE being the best top to bottom this year compared to any previous year in history. Which is insane because the top isn't as good as previous BE incarnations and DePaul and SJU are two bad teams in a mediocre college year.

And we aren't supposed to discuss previous years according to you.

caw

Reaction Score
Who are these six teams? Maryland, OU, Kansas, UNC, Virginia, and Michigan State? I'll give you a maybe on Maryland, Kansas, UNC, and Virginia. I don't think Oklahoma and Michigan State are any better than the top of the Big East (and yeah, I know Oklahoma smoked 'Nova).

Feeling better about OU now. MSU is very good with Valentine. KU, Maryland, UVA (though they may lose today) and I like ISU (mainly from an eye test though). UNC has to show me a bit more, not sure their offense is good enough to make up for their defense.

OU has beaten Nova, ISU and is playing KU even at KU (win or lose, I think this shows they are legit).

Reaction Score
AGAIN, The thread is about Jay Wright's ridiculous statement which you continue to avoid addressing.
The Big East his year is better than when it had 3 teams in the final four? Better than when UConn, Pitt., Syracuse etc battled it out?
Whatever jollies you get by being here, has nothing to do with the topic of the thread which was comparing the real BE to the faux BE

This thread has become one of those bad SNL skits that don't know when to end. Good luck.

Reaction Score
Wow you called me dumb on an internet message board. Feel good? What's next, call me stupidhead on the way out too?

The discourse here is top of the line.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I have only watched them twice and the last time their PG was injured. The first being against some scrub team. I admit I don't have a good feel for them at all. Neither time did they look as good as KU and OU right now though.

Yeah, I wasn't claiming them a top 5, just that they are a good team this year. Will be a tough out for anybody.

Reaction Score
Wow you called me dumb on an internet message board. Feel good? What's next, call me stupidhead on the way out too?

The discourse here is top of the line.

Imagine this from a PC fan? Hilarious, what a dope.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
And he never answered whether he, like Jay, thinks this is the best BE conference ever! Stupidhead!

Reaction Score
Who are these six teams? Maryland, OU, Kansas, UNC, Virginia, and Michigan State? I'll give you a maybe on Maryland, Kansas, UNC, and Virginia. I don't think Oklahoma and Michigan State are any better than the top of the Big East (and yeah, I know Oklahoma smoked 'Nova).
Wait so Oklahoma who beat Nova on a neutral floor by 33 is not better than Nova?

And Mich State who beat PC on a neutral floor is not better than PC?

Only on the BY can you get these amazing opinions.

Reaction Score
Wait so Oklahoma who beat Nova on a neutral floor by 33 is not better than Nova?

No doubt. Oklahoma will be one of the fav's for the FF and Michigan State healthy can make a run. Maryland, KU and UNC all in that same boat but Virginia, while really tough defensively, finds it hard to score the ball sometime see them a little out of that level for now. But all of the mentioned here better than the BE's best. Having said that, catch Nova on a night like they had vs Xavier last week and they can beat anyone. Won't happen all that often but when it does, watch out.

Reaction Score

My opinion is hardly the gospel, but the BY is far from the first place I go to get objective takes on the NBE. It's a conference that was built with the sole intention of feeding into the BY's weird complex.

What @caw stated was that there are six teams who have gained separation, and none of them are in the Big East. I disagree with that. Michigan State might be better than Providence and Oklahoma might be better than Villanova, but I don't think it's by much. Looking at the roster complexions, there are a hell of a lot more similarities than there are differences.

Oklahoma beat Nova by 23 - not 33 - in a game where they shot 14 of 26 from three in comparison to Nova's 4 of 32. By no means is that an excuse; OU kicked their ass, and they are deservedly ahead in the polls. It's still a one game sample, though, and one that I don't think it indicative of Nova's capabilities as a team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom