Jay Williams as a color commentator | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Jay Williams as a color commentator

Reaction Score
Man....... J. Will was THE TRUTH at puke, we can't take that from him....I can live without his tv presence tho.
The "laxa" instead of "lacka"...LOL!!! is purely pronunciation I find myself saying it the same way.

Reaction Score
Just wondering if anyone else was as annoyed with him as I was. Holy crap, stop talking already! Let the game breathe. I'm putting the game on mute tomorrow night.

Did Calhoun really take Tony Robertson over him? Hard to believe that.

Was it he or Ravech that mentioned Clingan "is driving around in a Rolls Royce"? A friend of mine texts me saying, "Clingan has a Rolls Royce? Wtf." Totally stupid comment that gives everyone watching a bad impression of Clingan that couldn't be further from the way Clingan is. As everyone who read that very long article in the New Haven Register written by Mike Anthony knows, that's not the story. Clingan was in LA with other UConn athletes to kick off Marc D'Amelio's NIL collective. He and Victor Rosa wanted to go to a mall and were going to Uber there. D'Amelio throws Clingan the keys to a convertible Rolls Royce coupe and tells them to take that.

It's hard to believe everything commentators say.
He stinks on toast, to be blunt. The question is, would you rather have Jay or Bill Walton do the commentary, lol, because I think I hate Walton even more as a commentator. They both make me reach for the "mute" button.

Reaction Score
He stinks on toast, to be blunt. The question is, would you rather have Jay or Bill Walton do the commentary, lol, because I think I hate Walton even more as a commentator. They both make me reach for the "mute" button.
Walton has said a million nice things about the Huskies. And his assessment of players is usually pretty good.

Reaction Score
He went all Hassan Diarra on us. From bad last night to damned good tonight.

And who is Tony "Roberson?"
Right..LOL...."Roberson" had me going through the mental Rolodex. finally, I had to google it.
Oh.....Robertson, mannnn.... this jumble-mouthed dude!!!!

Reaction Score
He probably was the first commentator to pump up Clingan and Karaban last year. Loved both at the Nike tournament in Oregon.

Good pull. I totally forgot how much Bill loved those dudes. Hopefully he will call a few more AK games next year in Maui.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Yeah I hate to admit that he was better tonight. Someone must have told him not to talk as much. Or maybe all the complimentary comments about UConn made his other blather less offensive.
Night and day first game to second. More likely someone laid off him. His in laws are probably rabid Indiana fans who are likely as irrational about their team as 99% of posters in this forum. Safer to spout nonstop ridiculous stuff as opposed to stating UConn is far superior to Indiana or give any indication as such. So when he wasn't talking about things unrelated to the game he spent his time hypercritical of players. I bet most of that hypercritical commentary was about Indiana players. Passive aggressive treatment of Indiana for the bind his in-laws placed on him.

Reaction Score
We have a picky fanbase, Williams was ok. Noticed that he had great praise for Hurley, knows him very well and is happy for his success.
After getting home and watching both games on replay I have to agree Williams gave great praise to DH and the team. Way different comments than I imagined from what others posted here after the games.
In fact, he sounded like a UConn fan with all the positive comments about how they play and the potential for another great year with all the depth they have and how successful DH is at developing players.

Reaction Score
When ESPN was running the promos for the other in-season tourney at Maui and Bahamas I kept thinking I take Dykes over Bilas or Williams every time as the color announcer.
I don't know about Dykes. He's always seemed to be an ACC or southern schools' "homer" in the past. Maybe he's coming around?

Reaction Score
I don't know about Dykes. He's always seemed to be an ACC or southern schools' "homer" in the past. Maybe he's coming around?

He called our game at Florida last year. He had to wait five minutes to get up from the desk after the game was over he was so excited. Loved our team. I like Dykes, some of his catch phrases are stupid but he doesn’t ruin the game like so many of them do.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I doubt it. I'm thinking UConn's so good he knows his act won't fly.

Reaction Score
Would've loved to have seen what Calhoun could've done with Travis Best, he was a beast.
Nice, polite, kid too. I met him at a sports dinner in the Fall of his senior year and he very ably handled questions about his recruitment and what he expected in his last season of HS ball.

Reaction Score
He called our game at Florida last year. He had to wait five minutes to get up from the desk after the game was over he was so excited. Loved our team. I like Dykes, some of his catch phrases are stupid but he doesn’t ruin the game like so many of them do.
I think he's one of the best, super likable guy.

Reaction Score
Maybe it was because we were just emerging out of the Jay Williams wilderness, but I thought Jim Spinarkel did a really good job in the Manhattan game. He's boring and his jokes aren't funny, but he was very astute. He noticed a bunch of things live that most people would only notice on replay.

Reaction Score
Maybe it was because we were just emerging out of the Jay Williams wilderness, but I thought Jim Spinarkel did a really good job in the Manhattan game. He's boring and his jokes aren't funny, but he was very astute. He noticed a bunch of things live that most people would only notice on replay.
I thought Spanarkel was good as well, vanilla but doesn't detract from the game. Not bad for a Dukie, of course he was there before Coach K.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom